GREAT SCOTT!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Just out of interest, did anyone count how many times Lloydwas resonsible for putting the ball on Scotty's chest - I can recall at least 3 occasions.

Lets not forget the players who lifted all over the ground to make this almost fairytale end come true
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Re: GREAT SCOTT!

Post by bombers_rock »

BenDoolan wrote:Scott Lucas is a champion. What a phenomenal effort.
Thank you Scotty!!! You gave Hirdy and Sheeds the sendoff they deserved. A win would've been nice, but hey, getting close is good enough for me. Certainly better than last week's shit. It's just a shame when the book of Essendon is written, not much focus will be on Scotty. The gentle giant, the quiet achiever. Nothing but admiration and praise for the bloke, especially after yesterday's effort.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Essendon4eva wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Scott Lucas is a champion. What a phenomenal effort. Who was it that suggested we trade this bloke? You have to be F****** kidding!
Never questioned his skills as a players, when I suggested that.

I've never seen Lucas play with the strength and presence he showed in that last quater.
You've never seen Lucas play then? He was at his best today, a level he's been at before and a level he'll be at again.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

boncer34 wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Scott Lucas is a champion. What a phenomenal effort. Who was it that suggested we trade this bloke? You have to be F****** kidding!

I've never seen Lucas play with the strength and presence he showed in that last quater.
You've never seen Lucas play then? He was at his best today, a level he's been at before and a level he'll be at again.
That is where our opinion's differ then.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Essendon4eva wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:

So your saying Lucas has NEVER played better then in that last quater?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

KaaN10 wrote:Should never play CHB again!
Well I disagree. If the situation calls for it, then it should happen. Scotty had struggled up forward in the past month. He seemed to concede front postion all to easily and found himself giving free kicks away to that "fantastic" hands in theback rule. He wasn't playing well as a key forward. He was thrown to CHB and he DID play well there in the past couple of games. What it did was make him concentrate on his opponent, his own positioning, and the flight of the ball. When he returned to the foward line, all of a sudden he was leading with purpose, found himself in front, and found himself with the ball. Sometimes, he needs a break from CHF so he can re-focus his positioning and attack at the ball. I believe his move to CHB in the last 2 weeks was a great move and it probably sparked the kind of performance he put in on Saturday.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

boncer34 wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:

So your saying Lucas has NEVER played better then in that last quater?
He has never played with that presence. Presence is just one quality a player has. Hird, Carey etc all had a [presence even when they couldn't get their hands on it. Lucas for the first time I've seen him play had a presence like all those great. When the ball went near him, we knew he would get it. Not stumbles and no staggers.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:
He has never played with that presence. Presence is just one quality a player has. Hird, Carey etc all had a [presence even when they couldn't get their hands on it.
And just who are the etcetera?
Lucas for the first time I've seen him play had a presence like all those great. When the ball went near him, we knew he would get it. Not stumbles and no staggers
You haven't seen many of his 247 games have you?
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Please Essendon4Eva. Scott Lucas has been an absolute champion for this club. There is no debating that. He has presence, he has class, he is a gun. He is also probably the most underrated player in the last 30 years of football, mainly due to the fact that we've got Lloyd as well. If he had been playing at Geelong for the last 10 years he would have a Brownless like profile.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Relax, e4e. If you believe the intent of your statement has been misunderstood then you're better off looking at the way it was written rather than the way it was read.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Well said, andrewb.

I'm sure one of the main reasons many of us have a problem with e4e is that there are so many typos, spelling mistakes and blatant disregard for grammar in e4e's posts that we struggle to understand what is being said.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Essendon4eva wrote:"I've never seen Lucas play with the strength and presence he showed in that last quater."

How does that one sentance at all imply I doubt Lucas as a player? Answer me that one?

It is that all of you are so obsessed with tyring to make me look like a tool, you will dilberataly forget the details of what I say just to put me in situations like this.
Incorrect. I couldn't give a stuff about you. Please dont implicate me in things that simply are untrue.

I believe most people would also be reffering to your calls for Lucas to be traded.
However I was simply wondering if you truely believed he'd never played better.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:That presence allows you to be a superstar. And I do not through that term around as loosley as people like yourself do.

Naming them all has nothing to do with the statement moron. Naming a few allows people to understand what I mean by presence with an example. You have the arguments mixed up dickhead.
Scott Lucas is an outstanding player. I did not say he was a superstar. Read MY post. Without "presence" he couldn't be an outstanding player.

Naming a few eh? Hird and Carey. You added etcetera after them. NAME THEM.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

boncer34 wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:"I've never seen Lucas play with the strength and presence he showed in that last quater."

How does that one sentance at all imply I doubt Lucas as a player? Answer me that one?

It is that all of you are so obsessed with tyring to make me look like a tool, you will dilberataly forget the details of what I say just to put me in situations like this.
Incorrect. I couldn't give a stuff about you. Please dont implicate me in things that simply are untrue.

I believe most people would also be reffering to your calls for Lucas to be traded.
Did you bother to read the reason for suggesting that trade? Let me elaborate.

THe Essendon board has made it clear we are looking toa future without our big names stars. So we should put Lucas's name out into the market place and see what quality we can get for him. We should do that rather than let him retire and get nothing for him.

We then discovered that a majority of the members here think with their heart while I would rather use my brain.
Also keep in mind without Flether we lose and the same without Lloyd. Sure Lucas stood up last season, but we only one 2 of those games. Therefore I thought he would be teh best to put in the market.

So again you prove the members here fail to pay attention to details. I never suggested we trade him because he is bad, but because we can get alot of good players for him.

Also I suggested we try adn get Rosa/Priddis for him and they lead have stood up since Judd and Kerr have been hurt.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Etc Etc was a half back flanker for StKilda in the 50's. He had a lot of "precence" apparently.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

BenDoolan wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:That presence allows you to be a superstar. And I do not through that term around as loosley as people like yourself do.

Naming them all has nothing to do with the statement moron. Naming a few allows people to understand what I mean by presence with an example. You have the arguments mixed up dickhead.
Scott Lucas is an outstanding player. I did not say he was a superstar. Read MY post. Without "presence" he couldn't be an outstanding player.

And I said presence makes a player a superstar not just outstanding.
Out of the players I have seen.
Hirdy, Ablett, Plugger, Carey, Lynch, Voss. Just off the top of my head.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Essendon4eva wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

Did you bother to read the reason for suggesting that trade? Let me elaborate.

THe Essendon board has made it clear we are looking toa future without our big names stars. So we should put Lucas's name out into the market place and see what quality we can get for him. We should do that rather than let him retire and get nothing for him.

We then discovered that a majority of the members here think with their heart while I would rather use my brain.
Also keep in mind without Flether we lose and the same without Lloyd. Sure Lucas stood up last season, but we only one 2 of those games. Therefore I thought he would be teh best to put in the market.

So again you prove the members here fail to pay attention to details. I never suggested we trade him because he is bad, but because we can get alot of good players for him.

Also I suggested we try adn get Rosa/Priddis for him and they lead have stood up since Judd and Kerr have been hurt.
Where have the board indicated that we dont need our big name stars? Sources would be most helpful.

Not going to touch that comment about using your brain.
We actually won 3 games last year but thats not relevant.
Lucas has never really been out since he broke his leg for an extended period of time. But he is certainly a valuable player, I'm willing to bet we'd have lost a few more games without him there and I'm willing to bet we'll lose more games next year without him then we would with him.

We wont get a lot of good players for Lucas, in fact if he is ageing and not going to be a good fit for a team down the bottom of the ladder then why would another club take him?

As for Rosa and Priddis I believe the door has shut on them, if they have been so good for WCE why in the hell would they trade them?

Must say though I'm not sure why you directed this post about the trade at me, I never mentioned it. Just merely stated it may be the reason some other people think the way they do.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Essendon4eva wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

And I said presence makes a player a superstar not just outstanding.
Out of the players I have seen.
Hirdy, Ablett, Plugger, Carey, Lynch, Voss. Just off the top of my head.
:lol: You do have a sense of humor.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Did he not have presence? How many times did he destroy us? How many full forward could be isolotaed against Fletcher and have fans be not confident in Fletcher to get a fist on it? Every time he player us, with brute stregth would take the over head mark or chest mark. He may not be a icon of the game or anything like that but he had presnce. His presence was such when the ball was put to the contest everyone knew he had the best chacne to take the strong mark.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

And therein lies your problem. You've taken a reasonable argument (that trades for Lucas or Lloyd where both parties would benefit should be considered) and killed it by letting emotion get the better of you. Choose the terms of your argument and stick to them. And use a spell checker.