Dockers drop SIX players for disciplinary reasons

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Dockers drop SIX players for disciplinary reasons

Post by Gyoza »

http://news.realfooty.com.au/dockers-dr ... 0-wak.html

What a rabble of a club.

Piss poor from Solly when his fellow ex-Bomber Harvs is about to take the reigns permanently (although he was only late for training).
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

When has Solly cared about discipline?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Well, I believe Solly sealed his own fate by doing excatly that after the Sydney game last year. If Freo were willing to take him on knowing his "form" in that area, then too bad. What else did they expect?
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Wouldn't have been dropped under Connolly. Good on Harvs for putting the foot down. Mind you, best to wait and see if he does it before a meaningful game.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Conspiracy theory: Freo wield the axe so they can field a weakened team against Port, Port win by a big enough margin so that West Coast cannot ascend to 2nd spot, hence West Coast are denied the home final.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Conspiracy theory: Freo wield the axe so they can field a weakened team against Port, Port win by a big enough margin so that West Coast cannot ascend to 2nd spot, hence West Coast are denied the home final.
Now that is quite feasable. They hate each other that much that I'm almost certain that is what they would like to do. But then, we have to play WC, and I can't see us really preventing a big loss. I would love for Port to finish above WC though....
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Bet ya carlton are spewing they didnt think of this first?
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

BenDoolan wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:Conspiracy theory: Freo wield the axe so they can field a weakened team against Port, Port win by a big enough margin so that West Coast cannot ascend to 2nd spot, hence West Coast are denied the home final.
Now that is quite feasable. They hate each other that much that I'm almost certain that is what they would like to do. But then, we have to play WC, and I can't see us really preventing a big loss. I would love for Port to finish above WC though....
Was a lot of talk about it yesterday on the radio. Doesn't surprise me. The guys on the radio were saying "no, no, clubs have too much to play for" blah blah.. yeah right! Anyone who thinks there's NOT more going on than meets the eyes is seriously delusional. Freo had nothing to lose, nothing to gain. They may as well have not even turned up for what it was worth to them.

They knew it would hurt West Coast and that it did. Instead of a home final first up, now they have to travel and I think they'll face quite a challenge in Port Adelaide at AAMI Stadium.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Shit...it's bad enough that I have to listen to moronic eagles supporters and their farken conspiracy theories without you lot starting as well.

Harvey dropped those players to show that he is in charge and that a new level of professionalism is required from the playing group. It was reported in today's Sunday Times that both Pavlich and Bell were quite surprised when they heard of the decision as uptil now, the players have pretty much run the roost at Freo.

And for those of you who continue to bag Solly, they have rated him in the top three players at Freo this year.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Solly has had a very good year no two ways about it... I serously think that we missed him this year he was tough and uncomprimising and the players love him!!!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

swoodley wrote:And for those of you who continue to bag Solly, they have rated him in the top three players at Freo this year.
That about sums up Freo's year nicely.

To be fair, Solly has been better than i thought he would be. But if he's in their top 3 players this year, they've either had lots of players out of form/injured, or they grossly over-rated the calibre of their list in the wake of 2006.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

We were hoping SOLLY would play for us(PERTH)a bit more,trading places with COOKIE.Good luck to him he didn't.

He did look a bit lost,but most of 'em were lost anyway with their minds on Saturday Night,rather than on the Job,Saturday afternoon.

He wore 24,looking after KADE LANGE'S Guernsey for the day.The bigger conspiracy came from that DICKHEAD who is WAY PAST IT on 6PR,George Grljusjich.

He reckoned the Conspiracy came from the EAST FREMANTLE STACKED DOCKERS Board to help OLD EASTS get into the Finals.They lost anyway and neither Winner of their game wouldn't have made it anyway.

Time for George to Retire.