Apart from Scotty, some other players of note

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Apart from Scotty, some other players of note

Post by Windy_Hill »

Only did a few thigs but was pretty impressed with the look of young Neagle. Showed a lot of poise and a pretty good second effort.

I thought Kepler did alright as well and to me seems far more at home on the forward line.

Lovett really took off as the game went on

and in possibly his last game, Heffernan played a pretty good one.

Regrettably Bolts was Bolts
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Didn't see the game but checked Neagle's stats because everyone here was raving about him.

He had 3 kicks 3 handballs 0 marks - must have been doing a bit off the ball?
Bleeding for the red and black
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Neagle was excellent.
Bradley was passable, only because the bar is so low.
Heff had a very good game.
Bolton was awful. I cringe when he puts the tough guy act on.
Lovett was excellent, and has finsished the year well.
Pev was excellent.
Monfries was great, and couragous, has also finished off the year well.
Stanton contiues to run, and work, however his disposal is becoming a growing problem.
Gumbleton looks pretty good.
Laycock was awful early, but I thought he finished the game off well.
Hille was the real surprise yesterday. He thrashed Cox when he was moved into the ruck.
McPhee's best and worst in one game is way too far apart. He had moments of guts, and brillance yesterday, and also cost us 3 goals in the third quarter.
Welsh was ok, another who got a lot of the footy, but used it poorly. Have liked his year though.
Mal did a pretty good job, and has been about what I expected this year.
I thought Fletcher had a very good game. Hopefully an injury free season awaits him.
Winderlich was very good, and is the most improved player on our list.
McVeigh continues to mock those who are critical of him. Another very solid game.
NLM was ok, but another whose disposal let him down. Crossroads year for him next year, and hopefully he will get a full pre-season under his belt.

The guy whose injury we could least afford has been Alwyn Davey. How many times did West Coast just waltz the ball out of our forward line yesterday? Davey could easily win our B&F next year.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Interesting to hear the criticisms of Bolts - I haven't seen a replay but live at the game I thought he did some good things.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

pear wrote:Didn't see the game but checked Neagle's stats because everyone here was raving about him.

He had 3 kicks 3 handballs 0 marks - must have been doing a bit off the ball?
His first 2 possesions lead directly to goals - and his second efforts, and physical presence were very impressive for a first gamer - took a great contested mark that was disallowed due to a borderline hands in the back call from the maggot.

Sometimes the stats dont tell the story. Had limited game time too.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Considering it was his first game he looked like he belonged. The comments by 'Windy_Hill' are referring to the way he approached the game and looked out there rather than the stats he got.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Considering it was his first game he looked like he belonged. The comments by 'Windy_Hill' are referring to the way he approached the game and looked out there rather than the stats he got.
Not sure why we needed you to clarify a point already made by the man himself a post earlier but still agree with the point being made.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Hopefully Jay has got a bit of the same mongrel in him that his old man had.
Bleeding for the red and black
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

tonysoprano wrote:Interesting to hear the criticisms of Bolts - I haven't seen a replay but live at the game I thought he did some good things.
I agree...early on when we were turning the ball over on a regular basis, Bolts wasn't one of the players I was critical of...(cue Stanton)
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I was glad Hille played as Laycock was never going to go with Cox around the ground. Hille beat Cox in round 11 and did well again.

Lovett had 27 possessions. Anyone know what his career high is?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:I was glad Hille played as Laycock was never going to go with Cox around the ground. Hille beat Cox in round 11 and did well again.

Lovett had 27 possessions. Anyone know what his career high is?
That is it.