Those who think Lloyd suffers from poor delivery............

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Scotty is a star. I'm not surprised that alot of people don't rate him as Lloydy is the one who has most of the focus. Lucas is one of the premier forwards in the game.

I thought he was tripped up twice in the last quarter and not given a free kick.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

BenDoolan wrote:
I'm over at the Great Southern Stand, virtually on the wing. There's a young guy and his old man who just come along to pay out on our guys after every mistake. The young kid yells at the top of his voice "GET OFF THE GROUND (insert name)" or "YOU'RE A DUD (insert name)" or "YOU'RE USELESS (insert name)". It's the same shit every time. About the 4th or 5th occasion is where I ark up and threaten to throw him over the railings and then he shuts up for the rest of the game. It is a constant ritual.
I sit near a young guy and his father at the Dome that do the same thing. The little shit even called guys like Glenn Archer and Daniel Kerr girls. They are both dead set morons, probably not the same guys but I'm sure there are 1000 examples of the same thing going on.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I dont think anyone here is saying they know how to play FF better than Lloydy. After all he is one of the games greatest all time goal scorers and this in an era where FF's are losing their prominence. Its just that this year he has been going to ground a lot - pergaps this is a function of the shocking hamstring injury and its a confidence thing in his leg. Why suggest they swap roles is that as captain he needs to be more in the thick if things.

Anyway for the record I love both Lloyd and Lucas
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

I`ve been watching my DVD of Hirdy single handedly destroying West Coast a lot this week (when he hugged the fan), and I don`t think Lloydy went to ground any less back then.

I think the thing is that now we`re struggling so much it is just 100 times more frustrating because we desperately need every goal we can get.

I also think there were a couple of times on the weekend where Lloydy would usually have gone to ground but didn`t this time. Hopefully it is something he is thinking about. (You`d hope so...what exactly do all those assistant coaches do for a whole week between games?)
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Re: Those who think Lloyd suffers from poor delivery........

Post by dodgey »

robbie67 wrote:.........it doesn't seem to bother Scott Lucas. He just goes and gets the fkin thing.

Been saying it all season.... Since Lloyd got the captaincy he's changed from being a "demanding forward" to having too much empathy. Needs to get his arse back to the goal square and do what he does BEST.

Also Late in the match on Sunday when the weegirls were playing kick-to-kick in the backline, it was Lloyd's man that was the loose option. Lloydy had taken off down the field....someone also needs to enhance his footy Brain and teach him ( and the rest of the team) that when you NEED to get the ball back late in the game, that Letting the opposition have loose men in the backline DOESN'T help your cause.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

MH_Bomber wrote:Lloyd going to ground or perhaps more his inability to get back in the contest if he fails to mark or there is poor delivery is a problem. I think he has curtailed the plaintive look to the umps a bit.

Perhaps Lucas should be the Full Forward and have Lloyd play permanently at CHF where he can be more in the action. He needs to get his turning circle and recovery better for this though. Sometimes this year he has looked decidly immobile.
Interesting idea.

Correct on how it could help with their deficiencies.

However Lloyd has shown that he doesn't know what to do with the ball further up the ground - far too indecisive.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Re: Those who think Lloyd suffers from poor delivery........

Post by Boyler_Room »

dodgey wrote:
robbie67 wrote:.........it doesn't seem to bother Scott Lucas. He just goes and gets the fkin thing.

Been saying it all season.... Since Lloyd got the captaincy he's changed from being a "demanding forward" to having too much empathy. Needs to get his arse back to the goal square and do what he does BEST.

Also Late in the match on Sunday when the weegirls were playing kick-to-kick in the backline, it was Lloyd's man that was the loose option. Lloydy had taken off down the field....someone also needs to enhance his footy Brain and teach him ( and the rest of the team) that when you NEED to get the ball back late in the game, that Letting the opposition have loose men in the backline DOESN'T help your cause.
I was screaming (yes, at the television) for them to man up. We needed the ball and 2 quick goals. Instead they allowed time to click down while the WCE defenders racked up meaningless possessions in time on and killed any glimmer of hope we may have had as to sending Sheeds and Hird out with a fairytale win. That was extremely frustrating.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
5Alive
Top Up Player

Post by 5Alive »

Lloyds most frustrating thing for me this year is he does the hard yards and gets in front then he just props and trys to push back to get the hands in the back!!!!!!! JUST GET THE BALL dont wait for the umpys to give it to you. We wont go to the falling over part :x