Who gets No. 5?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

WINDERS!
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Can I ask why people think Winderlich deserves the #5 top? So far in 6 years of footy, he has had 1 and a half good seasons.
stonersmate
Top Up Player

Post by stonersmate »

He's just starting to find his feet, some people develop slower than others. He is still a young kid. He has speed, skills and determination. Had a bloody good year Definetley in our top 5 players this year. Wouldn't be as hasty and give him the no 5 top straight away, but he looks like he could be a top candidate
red n black til i die
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

Just to be different I'll suggest that if it's held over for a little bit then maybe Bachar will get it. He's got courage, discipline, and ability. If he ends up putting it all together on the park then not only would he be a valuable asset but a role model worthy of wearing Number 5.
stonersmate
Top Up Player

Post by stonersmate »

Yeah if he ever gets a game, he showed really good signs in his first couple of games, then for some reason he was dumped. Kicked a couple of good goals, got a lot of the footy, played extremely well for Bendigo, still wasn't enough. Hopefully he'll get a proper shot with the new coach.
red n black til i die
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Rosso, I think Winders may be a chance because Hirdy is a really big rap for him.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Isnt number 8 sufficiently prestigious for Winderlich?

Suggesting he gets number 5 is ludicrous. No hard feelings Licha but you are not in the same ball park as Hird....

...then again, who is?
Leigh
Top Up Player

Post by Leigh »

it should got to daniher after we get him in the draft.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Should be rested for at least a year. Needs to be given to someone who WILL BE a star, not someone we think might be.

Hopefully they only give it to someone if Hirdy speaks up and nominates a player.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

and also, I dont think players should hand their old number on to an annointed one

It should always remain the club's choice.

The number ultimately belongs to the club and as great as Hird was, he is not bigger, nor greater than the club
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

BomberinJapan wrote:Should be rested for at least a year. Needs to be given to someone who WILL BE a star, not someone we think might be.
So i guess we need a crystal ball then....
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Rossoneri wrote:Can I ask why people think Winderlich deserves the #5 top? So far in 6 years of footy, he has had 1 and a half good seasons.
As people have stated he already has bewick's so realistcally he wont change (forgot this little detail myself :oops: ), but my reasoning is simply how hard he runs, but on reflection, there was one guy who ran harder still, what about ALWYN!
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Sismis wrote:
BomberinJapan wrote:Should be rested for at least a year. Needs to be given to someone who WILL BE a star, not someone we think might be.
So i guess we need a crystal ball then....
Yeah I know I know....I guess I`m just very skeptical given the development of some of the guys we took when we drafted poorly.

I wouldn`t want the number 5 given to the next McAlister.

But I know what you`re saying...
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

What about Nashy. I reckon he is the only player within the team who demonstrates the levels of skills worthy of the number 5.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

rockhole wrote:What about Nashy. I reckon he is the only player within the team who demonstrates the levels of skills worthy of the number 5.
And he's already proven to be likely to miss a few weeks due to injury ;)
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Ramanama wrote:WINDERS!
What's wrong with his number 8? :wink:
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

It has to be Paddy Ryder.

He is going to be our next genuine chance of a "Once in a decade" footballer.