Finals Scoreboard

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:A KEY forward is someone who actually performs. Hall should give the game away.
I don't think you've thought through that comment much at all.

Hall was in the AA team 3 years running from 2004-2006. He's a gun. He's had OP and knee issues all year. He's still a gun.
He is 32, looks disinterested and the new rules have killed him more than anyone else. He would use his strength and play side by side or from behind. Now not only are they tough on the hands in the back (shit rule), even knocking someone out of the contest and you get done for, that wasnt alwas the case last year.

He continues to play from behind as he has for 15 or so years, but now he has past it.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Rossoneri wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:A KEY forward is someone who actually performs. Hall should give the game away.
I don't think you've thought through that comment much at all.

Hall was in the AA team 3 years running from 2004-2006. He's a gun. He's had OP and knee issues all year. He's still a gun.
He is 32, looks disinterested and the new rules have killed him more than anyone else. He would use his strength and play side by side or from behind. Now not only are they tough on the hands in the back (shit rule), even knocking someone out of the contest and you get done for, that wasnt alwas the case last year.

He continues to play from behind as he has for 15 or so years, but now he has past it.
Firstly, get your facts right. He's 30.

Secondly, he's got awesome speed off the mark and on the lead that he hasn't been able to use this year for the reasons i've already pointed out (namely, injuries), and you've conveniently ignored that. He's been forced to wrestle rather than lead out this year for these reasons, and his game has suffered.

If you want to write him off, do so at your own peril. I think he still has at least 2 very good years left in him, injuries permitting.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Geelong home by half time unless the Kangaroos can pull off a miracle.

Geelong 10 10 70
Kangaroos 4 1 25
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

Geelong by 60 in the 3rd quarter.

Surely now, the Cats will go on and win the flag. Good luck to them. I hope they do.

Pressure and expectation will often just mean that a team lifts and works even harder to reach the ultimate goal.

To be honest, I couldn't believe all the talk of chokeing.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Geelong are playing like we were in 2000. Winners at every post, confident enough to play on at every opportunity, treating the opposition with disdain and just brushing the opposition aside like they're insects.

That said, i thought this was coming to the 'Roos. They're a good team of triers who win more than their fair share of games in the home and away rounds because they outbustle and outhustle other teams, but when it gets to finals and everyone is going 100%, the 'Roos don't have that extra gear and they get flogged. Exactly the same thing happened in 2005.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

The Roos have been smashed after half time, the Cats certainly are the super power of the comp this year no doubt about that. I really hope they go all the way, they have no excuse this year, anything less than a flag will be a failure.

are the Cats of 2007 seriously as good as if not better than our side of 2000?
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

out to 81 points a few minutes into the last quarter

15 of the top 16 ranking points players are Geelong players.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:The Roos have been smashed after half time, the Cats certainly are the super power of the comp this year no doubt about that. I really hope they go all the way, they have no excuse this year, anything less than a flag will be a failure.

are the Cats of 2007 seriously as good as if not better than our side of 2000?
I`d have to say no just because the Cats lost a few at the start of the year, whereas we came out breathing fire from the first pre season game. I also think on paper we were better in 2000 because we had great individuals as well...Hird, Lloyd, Fletcher, hardened veterens in Boris and Longy.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

100 point thrashing coming up for the roos, just like what we did to them in 2000.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Something good to come out of today, this game will eclipse the 89 prelim as Geelong's highest winning margin in a final. Happy that`s gone.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Final Score

Geelong 23 18 156
Kangaroos 8 2 50

ouch.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Geelong are playing like we were in 2000. Winners at every post, confident enough to play on at every opportunity, treating the opposition with disdain and just brushing the opposition aside like they're insects.

That said, i thought this was coming to the 'Roos. They're a good team of triers who win more than their fair share of games in the home and away rounds because they outbustle and outhustle other teams, but when it gets to finals and everyone is going 100%, the 'Roos don't have that extra gear and they get flogged. Exactly the same thing happened in 2005.
Absolutely spot on.

Geez I hope the Cats don't f**k up this historic opportunity they have. They really deserve this.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Lloyd is King wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:Geelong are playing like we were in 2000. Winners at every post, confident enough to play on at every opportunity, treating the opposition with disdain and just brushing the opposition aside like they're insects.

Absolutely spot on.

Geez I hope the Cats don't f**k up this historic opportunity they have. They really deserve this.
Im praying that they don`t f*** it up
1. because they deserve it
2. because if they do, they'll probably hand a premiership to port :(
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Lloyd is King wrote:Geez I hope the Cats don't f**k up this historic opportunity they have.
I do. f*** em... let their supporters suffer. :P
Essendon's not there, so I really don't give a shit who wins (won't be Sydney and won't be Brisbane, so, all good there). I just hope Geelong lose and suffer the pain. If they lose this year and maintain their form next year, I'll be more than happy for them to have it.

Won't surprise me at all now if it comes down to a Geelong v Port Grand Final and it will surprise me even less if Port take it right up to them and come away with it.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

bombers_rock wrote:
Lloyd is King wrote:Geez I hope the Cats don't f**k up this historic opportunity they have.
I do. f*** em... let their supporters suffer. :P
Essendon's not there, so I really don't give a shit who wins (won't be Sydney and won't be Brisbane, so, all good there). I just hope Geelong lose and suffer the pain. If they lose this year and maintain their form next year, I'll be more than happy for them to have it.

Won't surprise me at all now if it comes down to a Geelong v Port Grand Final and it will surprise me even less if Port take it right up to them and come away with it.
Correct. If it's not Collingwood, Carlton or Whorefawn, who gives a shit? I wouldnt be bothered if Geelong won it, but it will be a lot of fun poking shit at them if they dont.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

West Coast are decimated.

Collingwood are good but not great.

Port don't have an explosive pace or the ability to kick a big score.

Hawthorn are inexperienced but will be massively buoyed by their 1st finals win in 6 years. They have no injuries, a superb forward line with Franklin, Boyle and Roughead and a near perfect midfield set up of Hodge, Crawford and Mitchell. Hawks will beat the shellshocked Kangas next week and then face Port who I really don't rate.

I'm putting a few bucks on a Geelong v Hawthorn grand final.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:100 point thrashing coming up for the roos, just like what we did to them in 2000.
And just like 2000, they play Hawthorn in the Semi Final the following week. Will history repeat itself? Roos beat the Hawks by 10 points that day.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Lloyd is King wrote:Port don't have an explosive pace or the ability to kick a big score.
I really don't know where you've pulled that one from. 100 points+ in 13 of their 22 games. They're more than capable of kicking a big score.
Hawthorn are inexperienced

Hawks will beat the shellshocked Kangas next week and then face Port who I really don't rate.

I'm putting a few bucks on a Geelong v Hawthorn grand final.
1) Exactly.

2) Hawks beat the Roos? Mmm, probably, but I wouldn't write the Roos off entirely. They're good, you can't deny it, they finished top 4. Ordinary teams don't make the top 4. Geelong are just better. Port have the experience, Hawks don't. Port have the home final, Hawks don't. It'll come down to venue more than experience I think - Port at home, easily.

3) :shock: no chance. Teams placed 5-8 don't make the GF. Happened in 1999, but what can you say... it shouldn't have. Happened in 1998 too, so, it's not impossible, just highly unlikely.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

GEELONG V PORT GRAND FINAL

Port are the only ones who could upset the APPLE CART with the same tactics of 2004.

Mind you,methinks the Umps might be on the lookout for any funny business,knowing that little bit of history.