Jumper clash issue comes up again

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Jumper clash issue comes up again

Post by Gyoza »

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/AFL ... 30748.html
The AFL could order Collingwood to wear an alternate strip in one of this year's preliminary finals to prevent a guernsey clash.

If the Magpies beat West Coast on Friday night at Subiaco, they will face Geelong in a preliminary final a week later, a clash that could cause confusion if both sides play in their traditional strips.

Spectators and television viewers had difficulty distinguishing between the sides when they played in round 15.
THEY HAVEN'T SEEMED TO HAVE ANY f****** DIFFICULTY THE PREVIOUS 100 YEARS....for f**** sake!

Sorry for the caps but this illogical shit is driving me crazy.

And why do these debates keep happening in the media before the decision has even been made? Why can't the hacks at the AFL be one step AHEAD of the media for a change?
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Re: Jumper clash issue comes up again

Post by tonysoprano »

BomberinJapan wrote:
THEY HAVEN'T SEEMED TO HAVE ANY f****** DIFFICULTY THE PREVIOUS 100 YEARS....for f**** sake!
In the previous 100 years they weren't getting $700M for TV rights - I think this probably drives it more than anything.

In all honesty it isn't easy to watch when strips are similar. I'd prefer a greater contrast in jumper colours.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Having said that BiJ, I actually agree that these two jumpers are pretty confusing when put together on a footy field

Just as the random stripes of a Zebra confuse the lion's visual perception, a Geelong/Collingwood mix has the same effect on the human eye
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

But their clash strips would provide an even worse clash. Embarrassment for the AFL coming up, much like allowing Adelaide's clash strip, even though that itself clashes with Brisbane's home strip.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Rossoneri wrote:But their clash strips would provide an even worse clash. Embarrassment for the AFL coming up, much like allowing Adelaide's clash strip, even though that itself clashes with Brisbane's home strip.
I'm not sure what their clash strips are - but I would think the best way to go is for Collingwood to wear a predominately black strip (socks, shorts, jumper that has the full black backing except for sponsor and guernesy #) and Geelong to wear predominately white.
Harpoon
Top Up Player

Post by Harpoon »

It may not happen this year but eventually Colling wood will be forced to get an alternative strip. Simply a matter of when.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

It has never seemed to bother me. So unless the players have a problem with the similar jumpers, then we may have a problem.

Besides what would be so hard about having Geelong have thicker white stripes and Collingwood have thicker black?
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

tonysoprano wrote: I'm not sure what their clash strips are - but I would think the best way to go is for Collingwood to wear a predominately black strip (socks, shorts, jumper that has the full black backing except for sponsor and guernesy #) and Geelong to wear predominately white.
yep.

Cats = white shorts. hooped socks
Filth = black shorts. black socks.

Simple.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

tonysoprano wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:But their clash strips would provide an even worse clash. Embarrassment for the AFL coming up, much like allowing Adelaide's clash strip, even though that itself clashes with Brisbane's home strip.
I'm not sure what their clash strips are - but I would think the best way to go is for Collingwood to wear a predominately black strip (socks, shorts, jumper that has the full black backing except for sponsor and guernesy #) and Geelong to wear predominately white.
Thats what Collingwood wear now as their home guernsey. If Geelong wear the white shorts, then all is well.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I don't think the old home/white, away/black thing makes any sense these days.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

The Bombers have always looked more threatening when wearing black shorts, have never liked them in white The filth should be forced to wear as much white as possible.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

What a pile of shit....one team wears horizontal stripes and the other wears vertical hoops.

You could always tell the difference in the old black and white days and now they're trying to say they can't tell the difference in colour :roll:

f****** morons ](*,)
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

swoodley wrote:What a pile of shit....one team wears horizontal stripes and the other wears vertical hoops.

You could always tell the difference in the old black and white days and now they're trying to say they can't tell the difference in colour :roll:

f****** morons ](*,)
Glad someone agrees with me swoods...I was starting to worry :wink:
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Collingwood's clash jumper (white with black stripes) will clash more than their home jumper! (black with white stripes!)

Hopefully the Cats don't get f***** over and made to wear their alternate strip.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Hopefully it wont be an issue either way
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

It shouldn't be an issue either way.

But you know the AFL and the TV MEDIA with their BULLSHIT LOGIC and SELFISH MOTIVES.