So far so good...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

keri wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:Peverill. Jason Johnson. We might not have got anything for them, but I would have liked to have heard they were being shopped around.
There would have been no point shopping JJ around, and as for Peverill, he shouldn't be shopped around at all. Matter of opinion of course, but even if we did want him gone, what we have gotten for him?
I don'tknow. I jsut wanted Knights to be more active. That doesn't mean making done deals, but at least TRYING to get something for them. Espicially considering, we are looking to a future without them anyway. Knights made it clear, that from round one our young players would be getting games. Almost guarantee's those guys will be playing VFL.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Essendon4eva wrote:
keri wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:Peverill. Jason Johnson. We might not have got anything for them, but I would have liked to have heard they were being shopped around.
There would have been no point shopping JJ around, and as for Peverill, he shouldn't be shopped around at all. Matter of opinion of course, but even if we did want him gone, what we have gotten for him?
I don'tknow. I jsut wanted Knights to be more active. That doesn't mean making done deals, but at least TRYING to get something for them. Espicially considering, we are looking to a future without them anyway. Knights made it clear, that from round one our young players would be getting games. Almost guarantee's those guys will be playing VFL.
How do you know he hasnt?
We have tried to get Brennan, tried to unload Cole, Dyson and Bradley.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Essendon4eva wrote:
keri wrote:
You want him to be active in trade week for the sake of it? Even if he isn't willing to give away picks for players, and the players we would consider giving away are not worth picks?

Can you explain what in the name of arse would be the point of that exercise?
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Did I say for the sake of it? We want to develop young players for the future right? SO try and affload guys like the Johnson's and Peveril for draft picks, or other young medfeilders.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Did I say for the sake of it? We want to develop young players for the future right? SO try and affload guys like the Johnson's and Peveril for draft picks, or other young medfeilders.
The public's choice. Retard of the Year.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Right...

What is retarded about that statement?
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

You want to shop every expierienced player on our list that's not a KPP. That's what is retarded, imbecile.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

If we are going to play every one player that Sheed's played in the VFL. Than yes, we should try adn get young guys for them.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Just ignore him guys he is a fckwit and we all know it and by biting to his shit we are all just ******* up the topics... Getting very dull!!
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Here's my logic: If we could conceivably get what players we are willing to trade are worth, then we trade. Given the state of the trade this year, that isn't going to happen.

There's no point getting rid of players who do make a contribution, for example, Peverill, for players who may or may not be any good, given the state of the draft this year.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

keri wrote:Here's my logic: If we could conceivably get what players we are willing to trade are worth, then we trade. Given the state of the trade this year, that isn't going to happen.

There's no point getting rid of players who do make a contribution, for example, Peverill, for players who may or may not be any good, given the state of the draft this year.
I have to say that ever since you have posted on this board, you have provided very logical, sensible posts every single time. Well said.
Essendunny
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

That's nice of you to say. Thank you!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

BenDoolan wrote:
keri wrote:Here's my logic: If we could conceivably get what players we are willing to trade are worth, then we trade. Given the state of the trade this year, that isn't going to happen.

I have to say that ever since you have posted on this board, you have provided very logical, sensible posts every single time. Well said.
Yes, I refer to her as the "anti-Essendon4eva".
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Now THAT's a compliment!