LANCE....

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

LANCE....

Post by rockhole »

Something is definitely missing from the Essendon trade effort and that is the ritualistic recycling of ex Calton players. Murphy, Allen and Campo spring to mind as previous selections and there has been a recent occurence which should ensure that the great minds at Windy Hill will be conspiring to get Lance on board.

After all, he ticks all the boxes.

Slow
Overweight
Passed his prime
Major family problems

Perhaps, however, the recent signs suggest that there is a new philosophy within the club and perhaps Essendon will no longer be the final resting pasture for burnt out Bluebaggers.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

He's got a good football brain. Pity about the rest of it.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

andrewb wrote:He's got a good football brain. Pity about the rest of it.
Then he can go into coaching.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

Filthy wrote:All I know is that the EFC would have handled things better. He was their bloody Captain for gawds sake. :roll:
we didn't cover ourselves in any glory over the Sheedy issue...
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

Filthy wrote:
dodgey wrote:
Filthy wrote:All I know is that the EFC would have handled things better. He was their bloody Captain for gawds sake. :roll:
we didn't cover ourselves in any glory over the Sheedy issue...
Disagree Dodge.....Kevin's contract was not renewed.....he was given heaps of notice to pursue other opportunties at the cost of our season (went downhill after that conference)....was given 2 wonderful sendoffs in Melbourne and Perth and then received a 1200 person Goodbye and Thank You function at Crown the day after the GF.

Carlscum basically said "f..k off Lance...clear out your locker."

Big difference IMHO. :wink:
.... Obviously The Bloos offered him up during Trade week with NO bites. Then they said ..."well we aren't going to renew your contract and are giving you the most possible time to talk to other clubs to find a New Home"

the Big difference was there wasn't any Press conference at Optarse Oval to announce it
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

And from the looks, they weren't even the ones to tell him, it was his manager that let him know.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

ANd he failed to lead his club. Year after year, he came to the club over-weight and out of shape.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

keri wrote:And from the looks, they weren't even the ones to tell him, it was his manager that let him know.
incorrect...Ratten sat him down and told him face to face...
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

dodgey wrote:
keri wrote:And from the looks, they weren't even the ones to tell him, it was his manager that let him know.
incorrect...Ratten sat him down and told him face to face...
Fair enough, Dodgey. Ricky Nixon came out and said it was himself that told Lance, but it wouldn't be the first time someone is misquoted or an agent has told a flat out lie, would it?
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Essendon4eva wrote:
ANd he failed to lead his club. Year after year, he came to the club over-weight and out of shape.
2006 B&F, but nope didn't ever lead the club.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

boncer34 wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:
2005. He was poor as captain, the writing was on the wall. Consistently came back to training over-weight, not good leadership qualities.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Filthy wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:
2005. He was poor as captain, the writing was on the wall. Consistently came back to training over-weight, not good leadership qualities.
Yeah but he made Crew Captain at his local Macca's :roll:
On that, this guy I went to school with got a job at Maccas. He ended up becoming store manager and they asked/told him to lose weight as it sets a bad image. He tipped the scales at around 115 and when you're 5'8", its trouble.