Farewell Mark Johnson

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Then we bitch and whinge that Essendon did the wrong thing.

Oh, hang on.... That's what E4E would do no matter what happened....
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

They did do the wrong thing keri. They should have made sure those two guy's got to continue there career's. Whether we got pick 2 or pick 90 for them.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:They did do the wrong thing keri. They should have made sure those two guy's got to continue there career's. Whether we got pick 2 or pick 90 for them.
f*** you talk rubbish from thread to thread. Again, if NO CLUB was interested in MJ what is the EFC to do? Do you want the club to offer one million bucks to take him? And Kepler Bradley can get stuffed for all I care. We don't owe him anything. He was paid a decent salary for 4 years of comedy.
Essendunny
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Essendon4eva wrote:They did do the wrong thing keri. They should have made sure those two guy's got to continue there career's. Whether we got pick 2 or pick 90 for them.
People get dropped. It isn't the end of the damn world. MJ was a great servant of the club, and the fact that we kept him on the list at all in the last two years is evidence that we acknowledged that.

If you get sacked from your job for poor performance, regardless of how long you have been with your employer, do you think they would ensure you walked into another job at their cost? Not bloody likely.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I'm not upset he is gone Keri. That is not my problem. My problem is we didn't do enough to make sure they could continue there career's. And Doolan can say what ever the f*** he wants, he is wrong. Those two, eventhough they reached different hieghts worked there asses off for ass (even though kepler was very, very bad), and they deserved to be treated better.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Essendon4eva wrote:I'm not upset he is gone Keri. That is not my problem. My problem is we didn't do enough to make sure they could continue there career's. And Doolan can say what ever the f*** he wants, he is wrong. Those two, eventhough they reached different hieghts worked there asses off for ass (even though kepler was very, very bad), and they deserved to be treated better.
I didn't mention anywhere you being upset that he was gone.

What I said was, we did the right thing and kept him on the list for as long as we could. We gave him two years to get his form back up to scratch, and he didn't. We are NOT obliged to ensure he continues his football career elsewhere. HOWEVER, by delisting him now, he has over a month to talk to other clubs, get his manager to do what he is paid for, and find himself a new position.

And answer this question, even if you are going to ignore the logic of everything else that has been said;- If there was no-one interested during trade week what in the name of God and all his tiny saints are we supposed to do about it?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:I'm not upset he is gone Keri. That is not my problem. My problem is we didn't do enough to make sure they could continue there career's. And Doolan can say what ever the f*** he wants, he is wrong. Those two, eventhough they reached different hieghts worked there asses off for ass (even though kepler was very, very bad), and they deserved to be treated better.
:-({|=
Essendunny
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Or maybe the clubs interested no that if they didn't offer a trade, they could pick them up for free in the PSD.

Not everything is so simple and balck and white.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Dear oh dear. I honestly thought you were just stupid, but I was mistaken. You really are retarded. The suffering you must go through when the special bus comes each day must be horrific.
Rotten Ronnie
Top Up Player

Post by Rotten Ronnie »

Essendon4eva wrote:
Sol wrote:I never enjoyed footy more than when JJ, MJ, Solly, Hardwick and Wallis were intimidating and instilling genuin fear into the opposition, but the game has changed, its an athletes game now not a game for gladiators like those guys.

In those fantasitic years the Johno's were my favorites and its a detriment to the game that physical players like those guys are no longer rewarded for thier commitment to the contest, but more often are now infringed.

Sad to see the true hard nuts go, but in reality they havnt been allowed to play their tough style of game for at least 3 years and I suspect they know it as well as we do, they are better off leaving the game to the athletes the afl have gifted it to.
We could have repaid him, by making sure we found him a new home.
This is severely illogical and immature in light of the fact that no club showed any interest in acquiring Mark Johnson. It appears you are fixated with the club making considerations for the "after life" of all their decisions surrounding list management.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

robbie67 wrote:
Dear oh dear. I honestly thought you were just stupid, but I was mistaken. You really are retarded. The suffering you must go through when the special bus comes each day must be horrific.
:lol:

You're terrible, Muriel.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

E4E you are a right ******* idiot and have seriously sunk to an all time level of being a spastic (Sorry to all the spastics out there) here...

I can't even be bothered reading this forum any longer!!!!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

bomberdonnie wrote:E4E you are a right ******* idiot and have seriously sunk to an all time level of being a spastic (Sorry to all the spastics out there) here...

Apology accepted. :lol:

Wish there was an ignore button on this software.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

bomberdonnie wrote:E4E you are a right ******* idiot and have seriously sunk to an all time level of being a spastic (Sorry to all the spastics out there) here...

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. ALso why is it retardted to disagree with how we got rid of MJ? I get it. It is different from the rest of you.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. ALso why is it retardted to disagree with how we got rid of MJ? I get it. It is different from the rest of you.
It's not that you disagree, it's how you present your argument. You have yet to satisfactorily explain what other altenative EFC had than what has transpired.
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Well done on a great EFC career MJ. Hopefully he can find another club for next year.
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Re: Farewell Mark Johnson

Post by spikefan »

BenDoolan wrote:I'm feel a bit gutted for the bloke. Great servant of our footy club. Gave everything of himself for the red & black. Loved the way he played the game, and it's a shame he didn't make 200 games. His job on Farmer in the 2000 GF was fantastic - considering Farmer had kicked 8 goals the week before. Best & Fairest winner in 2002, and unlucky not to win another one in 2005. Players like Johnno are like gold nuggets - very rare. All the best for the future champ, and thanks for many times you put your body on the line for this club.
Great post BD -as usual -
Only two years ago MJ was our most popular player and barely missed the B&F (won by JJ). How quickly time passes!

I feel gutted even though I understand the decision.:(

Thanks MJ for a job well done with the great EFC, you will always be one of my favorite players.
Red and Black Forever