MJ, Bradley, Mckinnon gone...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

we're a multi-million dollar club.. no room for sentiments unfortunatly
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Stocksy wrote:You are dead right E4E, we should have thrown Lloyd in as a sweetner for the Bradley deal and Lucas in as incentive for someone to take MJ...

Shame on the club and all involved.
Put the crack pipe down.

Whether we traded them or de-listed them, we got basically nothing in return. However one scenario guarantee's those two get to continue there playing careers.
I guess that is what makes us different from clubs like Geelong. They made sure the players they got rid off, found new homes. WE told our guys, 'Don't let the door hit you on the way out'.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:
Stocksy wrote:You are dead right E4E, we should have thrown Lloyd in as a sweetner for the Bradley deal and Lucas in as incentive for someone to take MJ...

Put the crack pipe down.

Whether we traded them or de-listed them, we got basically nothing in return. However one scenario guarantee's those two get to continue there playing careers.
I guess that is what makes us different from clubs like Geelong. They made sure the players they got rid off, found new homes. WE told our guys, 'Don't let the door hit you on the way out'.
What are you on about? These guys can nomimate for the PSD and any club can give them an opportunity to continue their careers, including us.
Essendunny
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Did you rad the post you quoted? My problem is we didn't make sure they got to continue there career's else where. We have left there career's in limbo. It is up to chance now.

That is not how you treat your players...espicially a premiership player.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:Did you rad the post you quoted? My problem is we didn't make sure they got to continue there career's else where. We have left there career's in limbo. It is up to chance now.

I don't like what's happened to MJ, but if there wasn't any interest from other clubs AT ALL for MJ, what else is the club to do? Pay another club to take him? If anyone was interested in him during trade week they will be able to snap him up in the PSD, and he will continue his career. If no-one picks him up in the PSD then there was no obvious interest in him at all during trade week and absolutely none for the PSD.
Essendunny
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

BenDoolan wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:Did you rad the post you quoted? My problem is we didn't make sure they got to continue there career's else where. We have left there career's in limbo. It is up to chance now.

I don't like what's happened to MJ, but if there wasn't any interest from other clubs AT ALL for MJ, what else is the club to do? Pay another club to take him? If anyone was interested in him during trade week they will be able to snap him up in the PSD, and he will continue his career. If no-one picks him up in the PSD then there was no obvious interest in him at all during trade week and absolutely none for the PSD.
This man, he speaks the truth.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

If the player has finished their contract and they're not required anymore it is not up to their employer (Essendon) in this case to spend time finding them a new job. We're busy enough as it is.

If you were let go by your employer cause they didn't want you anymore would you expect them to find you a new job? I can tell you that they couldn't give a stuff, it's up to you to sell yourself to a new employer to get a new one yourself, just like MJ and Kepler's manager now has to do.

It's always sad when a player is let go, but AFL is big business now.
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

Essendon4eva wrote:

Put the crack pipe down.

If you'd pass the crack pipe around I may have a chance of putting it down...

And you paint Geelong as the morally fantastic club, lets not forget they broke a young kids heart on the eve of the Grand Final to play Ottens and have now moved Ottens on because they now have no salary cap room left. They are a Football Club like us and do what is best for the Football Club.

Knights has been honest and upfront with all decissions made with the players and done his best from a FC point of view to further there careers. Short of throwing a champion in with them (or as Benny said paying a club to take them) there IMO is nothing else he or the EFC for that matter could have done...
Here's to swimming with bow legged women...
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

bombercol wrote:

If the player has finished their contract and they're not required anymore it is not up to their employer (Essendon) in this case to spend time finding them a new job. We're busy enough as it is.

If you were let go by your employer cause they didn't want you anymore would you expect them to find you a new job? I can tell you that they couldn't give a stuff, it's up to you to sell yourself to a new employer to get a new one yourself, just like MJ and Kepler's manager now has to do.

It's always sad when a player is let go, but AFL is big business now.
I've just said nearly exactly that in the other thread. Great minds think alike.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Stocksy wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:

Put the crack pipe down.

And you paint Geelong as the morally fantastic club, lets not forget they broke a young kids heart on the eve of the Grand Final to play Ottens and have now moved Ottens on because they now have no salary cap room left. They are a Football Club like us and do what is best for the Football Club.

Knights has been honest and upfront with all decissions made with the players and done his best from a FC point of view to further there careers. Short of throwing a champion in with them (or as Benny said paying a club to take them) there IMO is nothing else he or the EFC for that matter could have done...
How did I paint Geelong as morally superior, when I referred to one factor of the football club? Also who compared what I was talking about to a totally different area. You are talking about winning a Grand FInal. I am talking about getting ex-players a place to continue there career's.
See we got nothing for them

We would rather get nothing for those guys, then get late draft picks and help them find new homes in the process.
Let me put it this way. We basically did what Carlton did to Witnall, when we should have done what Geelong did with King.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Stocksy wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:

Put the crack pipe down.

It was King, but we know what you mean. And spot on with the post.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Essendon4eva wrote:Did you rad the post you quoted? My problem is we didn't make sure they got to continue there career's else where. We have left there career's in limbo... That is not how you treat your players...espicially a premiership player.
Struth... In just a few sentences there you have made eight spelling and grammar errors. I'm the first to admit that I'm fairly anal when it comes to grammar but this is beyond the joke.

I'm not trying to insult you but I have a lot of trouble working out what you're trying to say and I think in a lot of cases that's why you get into arguments with people.

I'm using Firefox as my browser - it has an in-built spell checker that both highlights incorrectly spelled words and poor grammar in web text boxes and lets you right-click for suggestions. It might be worth downloading a (free) copy at http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Forgot to add. Fremantle wanted Kepler. However we cared more about getting a first round pick, then helping him move back home.

Essendon: "Sure, we will help you get to Fremantle Kepler...as long as we get more than you are worth in return"
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:
How did I paint Geelong as morally superior, when I referred to one factor of the football club? Also who compared what I was talking about to a totally different area. You are talking about winning a Grand FInal. I am talking about getting ex-players a place to continue there career's.
See we got nothing for them

We would rather get nothing for those guys, then get late draft picks and help them find new homes in the process.
Let me put it this way. We basically did what Carlton did to Witnall, when we should have done what Geelong did with King.
Gee you make me laugh. We should have done what Geelong did. Geelong dropped a young kid for a bloke who they ended up delisting a few weeks later. They turned King into a premiership player and then sacked him! You say Geelong are great for finding him a new home, but what are they for suggesting he was good enough for being selected to play in a Grand Final and then a couple of weeks later he's marched out the door after getting them their first flag in 44 years?????

Remember this quote?....
That is not how you treat your players...espicially a premiership player
Essendunny
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

As I've said in another thread, Geelong were quite happy to get a rediculous low pick for a trade for two players they were going to boot out anyway because they can now use it to secure their father son recruit.

They are bound to use their last available pick to get their father son boy in Donohoe and St. Kilda have now provided it.