Cousins Arrested

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

andrewb wrote:PSD anyone :twisted:
:lol: I liked that post.

Seriously, WCE have publicly stated that Cousins was on his last chance, what a terrible waste of talent. Silly boy.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

He hasnt done anything wrong, yet.

They were searching for two hours, they probably didnt find anything. You'd think it was in connection with some gangland stuff.

Until they charge him with something, he will be an Eagles player.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I actually feel for Ben. This is a difficult time for him, after Mainwaring, that may have thrown a massive spanner in his rehab. I realise he's a tool of the highest order, but I do feel for him. I also think WC should sack him if he's found guilty of anything... protect the brand.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Megan wrote:I actually feel for Ben. This is a difficult time for him, after Mainwaring, that may have thrown a massive spanner in his rehab. I realise he's a tool of the highest order, but I do feel for him. I also think WC should sack him if he's found guilty of anything... protect the brand.
I dont. He has had more help than most drug addicts and for what? If I had a drug problem, I bet my employer wont fork out $60k to send me to Malibu to get re-hab. And he was only their for 6 weeks, what sort of re-hab is that anyway?

He is a grown man, he knows whats right and whats wrong. I bet just about everybody on this board has either experimented with drugs or at least been offered them. Its easy to say no.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Rossoneri wrote:
Megan wrote:I actually feel for Ben. This is a difficult time for him, after Mainwaring, that may have thrown a massive spanner in his rehab. I realise he's a tool of the highest order, but I do feel for him. I also think WC should sack him if he's found guilty of anything... protect the brand.
I dont. He has had more help than most drug addicts and for what? If I had a drug problem, I bet my employer wont fork out $60k to send me to Malibu to get re-hab. And he was only their for 6 weeks, what sort of re-hab is that anyway?

I bet just about everybody on this board has either experimented with drugs or at least been offered them. Its easy to say no.
No and no, and yes it is. However, I do expect that I'm in the minority of people my age (25), to have neither experimented or been offered drugs.
stonersmate
Top Up Player

Post by stonersmate »

If your an addict, it is not easy to say no.
red n black til i die
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Megan wrote:I actually feel for Ben.
Thanks Megan, I didn't know you cared about me.
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

He's just been charged for possessing a prohibited drug. I guess his football days are numbered.
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

stonersmate wrote:If your an addict, it is not easy to say no.
Im assuming of course he wasnt an addict when he began taking drugs. Some people have mothers who were taking dugs while pregnant. I doubt very very much that Mrs Cousins falls into that catergory.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/cousi ... 51402.html
AFL star Ben Cousins has been charged with possessing a prohibited drug, WA police said tonight.

Cousins, 29, has also been charged with one count of failing to comply with a requirement to provide blood.

In a statement tonight, police said they stopped Cousins' vehicle on Newcastle St, Perth around 11.30am (WST) after he came to their attention "due to the manner of his driving.''

They allegedly found a quantity of prohibited drugs after searching the four-wheel drive vehicle.

The West Coast Eagles' midfielder was taken for questioning to the Traffic Enforcement Group headquarters in East Perth.

Police will allege Cousins failed to provide a sample of his blood for analysis.

He will appear in the Perth Magistrate's Court on Thursday.

The 29-year-old West Coast Eagles midfielder and his former teammate Daniel Chick were arrested separately and were tonight being interviewed by detectives.

It was not immediately known why they had been arrested or if any charges would be laid.

The former Eagles skipper and Brownlow medallist was stopped by police on Aberdeen Street, in Perth's nightclub district of Northbridge, at 10.30am (WST) and spent two hours in the back of his car as police searched his four-wheel drive.

"Police conducted a full, thorough search of that vehicle, as well as videotaping the the entire proceedings," Nine Network reporter Grant Taylor told Macquarie Radio.

"Cousins was forced to sit in the back of his car the entire time before finally he was led away..."

A shirtless Cousins, with his "Such Is Life" torso tattoo exposed, was then taken to East Perth traffic office before being driven to major crime headquarters at Curtin House where waiting media surrounded the car.

There he was visited by former girlfriend Samantha Druce, father and manager Bryan Cousins, and his lawyer Peter Momber.

Earlier this year, Cousins, the former Eagles skipper, flew to California for drug rehabilitation, returning to play for the club after apologising for his conduct.

Cousins has never tested positive for illicit drugs.

His return to the club was on condition he be subject to a zero tolerance clause to testing positive to banned substances, stay away from underworld figures and not fall foul of the law.

Eagles spokesman Gary Stocks initially said the club was unaware of the arrest, saying he was uncertain whether Cousins was even in the country because he was on annual leave.

Cousins was with Eagles legend Chris Mainwaring on the same day he died earlier this month, and whose death is now being investigated by the major crime squad.

Cousins passed a voluntary drug test in the hours after Mainwaring's death.
Named as the 1996 AFL Rising Star, Cousins has been no stranger to trouble since 2002 when he was linked to Perth underground figure and convicted drug trafficker John Kizon.

He and teammate Michael Gardiner were cleared by the Eagles of allegedly ordering cocaine.

In February last year, Cousins stranded then girlfriend Druce in his car when he bolted from a booze bus and was forced to quit the Eagles captaincy, admitting to "errors of judgment".

Police spokesman Sergeant Graham Clifford said in a statement that he did not expect action relating to the arrest to be completed until late this evening.
Sad way to end a great career. f*** he was good.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

The guy is a f****** menace. If he is found with substances in his system while driving I hope the law comes down on him like a ton of bricks. You can't say he hasn't had enough warnings.
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

The story says that he was pulled over due to his driving... Wonder how long Major Crime agencies have been doing traffic patrol.

The guy is fcked now but he may still have an opportunity to join his old captain as I am sure Dick would love to have someone of Bens standing in his crooked football club!!
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I'm 26 and have never taken nor been offered, but again I understand that I am the minority.

I don't think we can really assume to know how he feels as he leads a much, much different lifestyle to (I would saY) all of us in here? Unless one of us is more important than we lead on ;)
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

BenDoolan wrote:The guy is a f****** menace. If he is found with substances in his system while driving I hope the law comes down on him like a ton of bricks. You can't say he hasn't had enough warnings.
Here, here. If he refused a blood test, I bet he had drugs in his system. Driving under the influence is grossly irresponsible and unacceptable and I have no sympathy for this creep.

Like Rosso said, these AFL players get all awareness programs shoved into them before they begin their careers and then as players they have all manner of support to assist them with any probelms they may be having, especially in relation to drugs.

F**kwits like Cousins who abuse the privilege of being an elite sportsman should not be given the chances they do. One strike, possibly two. That's it.

Cousins is gone. I welcome it.
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

I just want to know, why was the arrested with no top on???
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

lozza89 wrote:I just want to know, why was the arrested with no top on???
It was hot and Ben wanted to show off his new inks... Suppose he could use the pix to get a gig with Manpower now that his career is down the bogger... What a waste of talent.

:roll:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

This guy is a sad case, no wonder Judd was planning his move away from the Eagles 12 months ago.

Wasnt Cousins with Mainwaring only hours before Mainwaring allegedly died from drug related issues??

Daniel Chick's sudden retirement now makes a lot of sense!!!

As far as Cousins goes its 'Gone Daddy Gone'

Wouldnt it be sweet if Carlton took him in the PSD
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

Windy_Hill wrote:Wasnt Cousins with Mainwaring only hours before Mainwaring allegedly died from drug related issues??
Your point being?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I've said enough on Footy Goss(http://www.footygoss.com) tonight.Time for BEDDIE BYES.

I will say this - One just shakes one's head that he's found himself in the news for the WRONG REASONS,...YET AGAIN.

So,I guess you're all in agreeance with PATRICK SMITH and CAROLINE WILSON this time,ehhh?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

AnarchicBomber wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:Wasnt Cousins with Mainwaring only hours before Mainwaring allegedly died from drug related issues??
Your point being?
I reckon that might be under investigation as well.
Essendunny