Hope we get pick #5

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
doogle
Regular Senior Player

Hope we get pick #5

Post by doogle »

If the AFL punish the Eagles.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Hope we get pick #5

Post by BenDoolan »

doogle wrote:If the AFL punish the Eagles.
Punish them for what?
Essendunny
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

The talk on the news last night was that the AFL had put WCE on notice in relation to their player's off field antics, especially Ben Cousins.

If the matter (yesterday's events) is not dealt with in a satisfactory manner in the eyes of the AFL they could face sanctions such as removal of draft picks, de registration of Cousins as a player, fines etc.

That's why doogle is wishing for pick 5
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

If anything, they will be banned from next years draft.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Come off it. The AFL did sweet FA dealing with Cousins on every indescretion that he was involved in. So if WCE are gulty of being soft on him, then the AFL are just as guilty.

I agree that WCE now have to act and delist him once the charges have been proven.

It's funny how other footballers are protected by the AFL regarding drug issues, but the AFL wants WCE to act on Ben Cousins - even though he hasn't failed any tests. Not protecting the bloke (I dispise him), but the AFL wreaks of double standards on this issue.
Essendunny
doogle
Regular Senior Player

Post by doogle »

Settle down Ben, I only said hope we get moved up to #5.

Cotchin's Dad will be even stronger about not wanting Trent to go to WCE and quite rightly so.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Demetriou should fly home right now and sort this shit out.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

doogle wrote:Settle down Ben, I only said hope we get moved up to #5.

Cotchin's Dad will be even stronger about not wanting Trent to go to WCE and quite rightly so.
What are you on about? Bit sensitive are you?
Essendunny
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Knowing the AFL, they would give pick 3 back to Carlton.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

It'd be nice if we got bumped up the draft order in the event West Coast got stripped of their first pick at #3, but i don't think that's the right thing to do by them.

So long as West Coast delist Cousins peremptorily upon the charges being proven, i don't think any actions beyond that are merited, particularly if those actions were aimed at the club (i.e. stripping them of draft picks) rather than the individual. The club itself has to carry some of the blame for what's transpired, but essentially Cousins' actions are a personal matter and the punishment therefore needs to be aimed at Cousins personally; specifically, he should be delisted/deregistered, and that should see the issue out for mine.

And please, don't anybody bother throwing that employer vicarious liability rubbish at me.