Gotta love them

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Gotta love them

Post by boncer34 »

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387902

Gringo are you causing trouble everywhere?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387768

One for you to E4E.

You gotta love those morons, spent all year abusing KB and saying how we should just cut him and move on. We've done that and now their all screaming blue murder.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Problem with Kepler is that we can all see his upside. His weaknesses are all rectifiable. Coordination and balance comes with age. Skills can be taught. Decision making is probably a combination of confidence (which can take a hit when you're getting six goals kicked on you every week being played out of position) and skills issues.

Strengths are courage, good mitts and a big engine. You can't teach those.

I get the feeling that if we had have played him on the HFF all year we would have got a lot better value for him in trade week. But unfortunately, with Lloyd, Lucas, Johns, Gumby and Neagle all ahead of him we just don't have room for him.

Footscray, Melbourne and Adelaide should chase him. He'd be a good investment for all those sides. I can't see how he fits in at Freo with Tarrant and Pavlich. He also needs to get it out of his head that he's a winger in the AFL and should be looking to play the Cloke role of lead-up forward.

I'm pretty unhappy that he's had to go and get biomechanics training outside the club. Surely that's something we'd look at for a #6 pick?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

and thats why ill never post on that crap website..... worst idea combining teams on the one forum, what did they expect? respect and love from all... no one is ever going to agree over there... useless forum!!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

andrewb wrote:Problem with Kepler is that we can all see his upside. His weaknesses are all rectifiable. Coordination and balance comes with age. Skills can be taught. Decision making is probably a combination of confidence (which can take a hit when you're getting six goals kicked on you every week being played out of position) and skills issues.
You've made this point before, and i'll again reiterate that he did not change one iota in the 4 years he was at our club from the time we drafted him. Once again, here's his write-up prior to the 2003 draft from Colin Wiseby, a non-professional assessor of draft prospects who watches shitloads of U/18 footy:
Gangly athletic giant. Despite reputation, is not quick. Huge heart and motor. Runs hard, far and relentlessly. Very poor natural balance. Iffy kick - Awkward, unbalanced kicking style. What AFL role suits?
What i ask myself is this: what is the best case scenario for Bradley? My answer to that question is that i honestly think the best player he could be is a mediocre, poorly coordinated hit-up forward capable of taking a big grab. My "best case scenario" for Bradley would be that he becomes a player like Drew Petrie or Ian Perrie - they'll play the odd good game, but they'll play plenty more mediocre ones.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Four years with the club and we didn't even get a biomechanics expert in. He had to go outside the club. The problems should have been identified earlier and he should have been on a targeted training program with extra pilates and yoga for balance, lateral and first 5m work for pace and targeted skills work.

If he's played in the right position he could definitely be better than Petrie / Perrie. He presents and presents and presents and he takes a good grab. He can also kick long and reasonably straight (they just float too much for an AFL level backman). Better still, you know that he's going to be giving it all every game. I think by the time he's 25/26 he could conceivably be a 40-50 goal forward.

That said, I'm going to be pretty lonely in my assessment!
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

You had me right up untill you said he's better then Petrie.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Petrie's a dud boncer, I still don't understand why you rate him. You wanted us to trade for him a season or two back if I remember correctly.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Totally moronic. Your argument, would have traction fi i was upset Kepler stayed with us. My problem is not that at all. My problem is we could have gotten something and got Kepler out of the club. If there is no dmeand for him, then that is different.
See, I'm not upset kepler is gone. I'm upset with hwo we got rid of him.

However, thanks for showing I'm still on your mind. ;)
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Gatsid wrote:Petrie's a dud boncer, I still don't understand why you rate him. You wanted us to trade for him a season or two back if I remember correctly.
Its a cousin thing.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Totally moronic. Your argument, would have traction fi i was upset Kepler stayed with us. My problem is not that at all. My problem is we could have gotten something and got Kepler out of the club. If there is no dmeand for him, then that is different.

I swear your getting dumber every minute. Did you even read the link? Their screaming blue murder about how we got rid of him. Which read your post is what you say is your argument. So where the f*** did you pull the part about being upset he's gone from? No wait dont bother. I dont wanna know.
Last edited by boncer34 on Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

boncer34 wrote: I swear your getting dumber every minute.
How dumb is a piece of string?
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

robbie67 wrote:
Not as dumb as E4E...

We need tp have a BT posters awards for 2007... Reckon E4E would clean up!!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Getting back to the first link in the first post where other forums are writing EFC off for 2008.........
Many wrote the Roos, Cats, filth and Port lower than 8th for this year.
Many expected Freo, Saints, doggies (well maybe some) and Swans to dominate.
EFC has often done better when expectations are low. I'm happy to read their assessment, as I know it's worthless, and history might suggest possibly very wrong..
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

boncer34 wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:Totally moronic. Your argument, would have traction fi i was upset Kepler stayed with us. My problem is not that at all. My problem is we could have gotten something and got Kepler out of the club. If there is no dmeand for him, then that is different.

I swear your getting dumber every minute. Did you even read the link? Their screaming blue murder about how we got rid of him. Which read your post is what you say is your argument. So where the f*** did you pull the part about being upset he's gone from? No wait dont bother. I dont wanna know.
Then why the f***, did you feel the need to mention my name? And I did read the links, which is why I disputed you. You mentioing my name, links me to what is said in the link. I have never expressed displeasure in Kepler Bradley not being with Essendon, but teh way we got rid of him.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Essendon4eva wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

Then why the f***, did you feel the need to mention my name? And I did read the links, which is why I disputed you. You mentioing my name, links me to what is said in the link. I have never expressed displeasure in Kepler Bradley not being with Essendon, but teh way we got rid of him.
Oh for the love of god, lets make this simple. I mentioned Gringo after the first one because he believes what the first link says, I mentioned YOU because YOU f****** AGREE WITH WHAT THE SECOND LINK SAYS!!! I did not say at any stage Oh E4E believes we should've kept Bradley only that you thought we could have dealt with him better when we dumped him. HOW f****** DUMB ARE YOU?
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

For the record E4E coz your clearly to retarded to work this out. THE SECOND LINK SAYS THAT ESSENDON SHOULD'VE ACCEPTED THE TRADE FROM FREMANTLE AND NOT LEFT HIM OUT TO DRY.
f***.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

boncer34 wrote:HOW f****** DUMB ARE YOU?
Please refer to my earlier post.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

bomberdonnie wrote:
robbie67 wrote:
Not as dumb as E4E...

What happened to the gringe awards?
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Rossoneri wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:
robbie67 wrote:
Not as dumb as E4E...

What happened to the gringe awards?
You can get them on DVD. $1 each at the Junkety Junky Junk Shop.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

As the proponent for the term, "Gringe Awards" I have ben disappointed that nothing has eventuated.

Have I missed something??
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark