Cuz in the shit AGAIN.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
dom_105
Club Captain

Cuz in the shit AGAIN.

Post by dom_105 »

Turns out he was having a bit too much fun in LA.

Rushed to hospital after a five-day cocaine bender.
Cousins spent 'lost days' in hospital
Robert Penfold
National Nine News
US correspondent

The mystery of what Ben Cousins did in Los Angeles before checking into a rehab clinic has been revealed — he was receiving treatment after being rushed to hospital in an ambulance.

On October 27, a Saturday, Cousins was picked up from Los Angeles airport by a woman named Susie Ela, who took the former Eagles star to her apartment in the LA suburb of Hermosa Beach.

By Wednesday, Ms Ela was in a panic — a guest at her apartment was in such bad condition that she called the US emergency number 911 at 5.13am.

According to the official call sheet, Ms Ela told the operator "a 29-year-old male on cocaine was not acting right, but (was) breathing and unconscious".

She then told the operator that "(the guest) had been on cocaine for the past five days. He's not being violent. He's just scared."

An ambulance and two police officers arrived, and the guest was taken to the Little Company of Mary Hospital.

Hospital staff confirmed that Ben Cousins was indeed a patient. He was brought in by ambulance on Wednesday (October 31), stayed all of Thursday and checked out on Friday.

Only then did he belatedly check into the drug rehabilitation centre where he stayed two days before returning to Australia.

While Cousins was in hospital, the footballer's father made this statement in Perth, denying reports his son had gone missing: "He is currently receiving treatment in Los Angeles at an appropriate facility".

The Little Company of Mary Hospital is not a drug rehabilitation centre and is purely for emergencies, surgery and aftercare.

But police have apparently closed the book on the case, despite admissions from Susie Ela that cocaine was being used at her apartment since the day Cousins arrived in the US.
It's an unfortunate saga. I hope he can get his shit together before he contemplates playing football again, even though that probably was the final nail...
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Meh. Was this before or after he was shagging Cameron Diaz?
According to the official call sheet, Ms Ela told the operator "a 29-year-old male on cocaine was not acting right, but (was) breathing and unconscious"
Was not acting right, but was unconcious. Does that even make sense?

Meh, he isnt an AFL player, is isnt registered so it means very very little to the football world. This is more up the alley of Womans Weekly, New Idea, Craig Hutchinson and other sheila related crap.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

The report I heard said he was conscious, not unconscious?
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Rossoneri wrote:Meh. Was this before or after he was shagging Cameron Diaz?
According to the official call sheet, Ms Ela told the operator "a 29-year-old male on cocaine was not acting right, but (was) breathing and unconscious"

Meh, he isnt an AFL player, is isnt registered so it means very very little to the football world. This is more up the alley of Womans Weekly, New Idea, Craig Hutchinson and other sheila related crap.

its all bull s@#t isn't it. why is this guy news?

i guess thankyou ben cousins for demonstrating how dumb drug taking is. who is he doing it with eh? OUT THEM AS WELL YOU WEAK PRICKS.

sorry, but c'mon, he must not be alone. put them all through the media.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

tom9779 wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Meh. Was this before or after he was shagging Cameron Diaz?

its all bull s@#t isn't it. why is this guy news?

i guess thankyou ben cousins for demonstrating how dumb drug taking is. who is he doing it with eh? OUT THEM AS WELL YOU WEAK PRICKS.

sorry, but c'mon, he must not be alone. put them all through the media.
Good call Tom. Problem is, many of these do-gooder media scumbags who are actually scoring points by reporting this whole pathetic state of affairs, are on the same train. Especially now that we're talking coke. I went to one of the major networks christmas party last year. Let's just say there was alot of snow about for December... Sooooooo hypocritical. Makes me sick.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Doctor Fish wrote:Problem is, many of these do-gooder media scumbags who are actually scoring points by reporting this whole pathetic state of affairs, are on the same train. Especially now that we're talking coke. I went to one of the major networks christmas party last year. Let's just say there was alot of snow about for December... Sooooooo hypocritical. Makes me sick.
Hear, hear. I presume you're referring to sanctimonious arseholes like Garry Lyon who, in all their infinite wisdom, pontificate over and denounce illicit substances at every opportunity, notwithstanding the fact that these arseclowns are known coke fiends. Lyon is the worst for pure hypocrisy and sanctimony in this regard, but others like Brereton and Newman aren't too far behind.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I'd hate to say to STOCKSY,I TOLD YOU SO.

But then,even I am STAGGERED about it all.Nearly!Except the bit where he stops over in Sydney to LA and catches up with a couple of mates.

One particular old one in MICHAEL GARDINER.The other,.....Oh JESUS CHRIST,I can't believe it.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I don't know who wrote this article, and I don't normally read the publication, but this was written one week ago......

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 22,00.html

I don't think we'll be seeing Cousins playing AFL again.
Essendunny
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I like the line about "a smirking example of its failure". This whole thing really is throwing the AFL's drug policy right back in their face. If anyone out there has so far naively believed that the three strike policy is working, think again.

(BTW, Ben, this article is from The Australian - you'd better hope your nemesis Patrick didn't write it secretly!!)
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

billyduckworth wrote:I like the line about "a smirking example of its failure". This whole thing really is throwing the AFL's drug policy right back in their face. If anyone out there has so far naively believed that the three strike policy is working, think again.

(BTW, Ben, this article is from The Australian - you'd better hope your nemesis Patrick didn't write it secretly!!)

whether or not a sportsman, or any member of the public submitted for a drug test as part of their employment tests positive for say getting drunk and having a toke on a joint at a party, as opposed to needling themselves up with painkillers or steroids, needs serious looking at. One scenario I would argue requires a life ban, and the other probably requires a suspension and a second chance for being dumb.

I think they should have a class system.

eg CLASS A -> performance enhancing drugs. incur an instant life ban from the game. regular AFL enforced testing.

This is important to preserve the competition.

eg CLASS B -> non performance enhancing. handed to the police if illegal consumtion, suspension from the club. Can include Booze, smoking etc as well. enforced by the club. I see no problem in having a 2 or 3 strike rule in this regard.

and finally, for cases like Ben Cousins, I think bringing the game into disrepute covers it nicely. A club must also be sanctioned, because they have a duty of care for their players.

the distinction must be made between performance enhancing and non performance enhancing drug consumption. Because there are TWO entirely different motivations behind it.

IMO a team drugged up on painkillers before a grand final, is light years worse than having to deal with a player taking drugs to get high on his night off.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

It was him.I don't think the lack of a byline was a deliberate oversight,because it shows up again i his file.

It could only have been him.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Drug Policy should be two strikes.
1st - 1 year ban + Drug Rehabilitation clinic.
2nd - Bye-Bye!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

billyduckworth wrote:I like the line about "a smirking example of its failure". This whole thing really is throwing the AFL's drug policy right back in their face. If anyone out there has so far naively believed that the three strike policy is working, think again.

I was wondering that. Can't see his name anywhere near the article. Whoever it was, I thought it was well written.
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I doubt it was Fatprick who wrote it as he would have put his name to it. I reckon it was from another interstate paper considering it was name free...

If the statement of West Coast knowing that he had problems when he wa 18 is true them I hope the fckers get the book thrown at him... I hope they get all their draft picks taken off them I really do... They had a chance to help this kid but did nothing and look at the monster they have created!!!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

It was PATRICK Lads.Some Sub forgot to put his Byline to it.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

Hmm, what a soapy this has turned into. I agree with Tom that there should be a line drawn between performance enhancing and other illegal drugs. I'm not saying that drugs are good for you, though surely a player having a one off or social joint should not be frowned upon on the same degree as a 'regular.'

Anyways, wasn't it Jeff Kennett that was not very far off from getting Marijuana legalised back in the 90's?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not for drugs, and wouldn't take them even if my job allowed me to, though surely there has to be a line drawn.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

sconsey wrote:Hmm, what a soapy this has turned into. I agree with Tom that there should be a line drawn between performance enhancing and other illegal drugs. I'm not saying that drugs are good for you, though surely a player having a one off or social joint should not be frowned upon on the same degree as a 'regular.'

Anyways, wasn't it Jeff Kennett that was not very far off from getting Marijuana legalised back in the 90's?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not for drugs, and wouldn't take them even if my job allowed me to, though surely there has to be a line drawn.
Unfortunately, Ben Cousins has drawn many lines - and snorted them all.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Can you believe the timing of Netball side PERTH ORIOLES,changing their name to this?

West Coast FEVER.

I likened it on Footygoss to another Marvellous re-naming launch.I'm sure I've mentioned it before to you guys.

WAIT - Western Australian Institute of Technology

Became

Curtin University of New Technology.

Ooops!

Soon became Curtin University of Technology.

Wonder what happened to the Marketing Genius who came up with the 1st Curtin name.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

grassy1 wrote: Wonder what happened to the Marketing Genius who came up with the 1st Curtin name.
Probably got a job with Mitsubishi and came up with the name "Pajero".
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I laugh.They sponsor my footy club and I'm sure,there's one or 2 PAJERO Cars Floating around.

Then there's Footy re-naming.Of the ONCE MIGHTY PERTH FOOTBALL CLUB!

HOME Demons.
PHOENIX(Shutdown Services)Demons
EF TEL OVAL

PROSTITUTION TO THE MAX!

The Biggest DISGRACE of that is RE-BADGING HISTORY.The Year by Year scores(From REDLEGS to DEMONS) show our Home games as EF TEL OVAL.This mob didn't exist until the late 20th Century,for CHRIST'S SAKE!

ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!