Cuz in the shit AGAIN.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

BenDoolan wrote:
sconsey wrote:Hmm, what a soapy this has turned into. I agree with Tom that there should be a line drawn between performance enhancing and other illegal drugs. I'm not saying that drugs are good for you, though surely a player having a one off or social joint should not be frowned upon on the same degree as a 'regular.'

Anyways, wasn't it Jeff Kennett that was not very far off from getting Marijuana legalised back in the 90's?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not for drugs, and wouldn't take them even if my job allowed me to, though surely there has to be a line drawn.
Unfortunately, Ben Cousins has drawn many lines - and snorted them all.
Nice one :lol:
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Drugs are bad...unless we tax them!
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Drugs are bad...unless we tax them!
Brilliant, Cousins is a moron. Lets ban all smokes and grog.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

The 1st Government to BAN GROG will be VOTED OUT OF EXISTENCE.That is,depite the frequent APPALLING BEHAVIOUR you see,read,hear about.

Still enough power in the SMOKING LOBBY to pull a few strings.Any comments Stocksy?
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

grassy1 wrote:The 1st Government to BAN GROG will be VOTED OUT OF EXISTENCE.That is,depite the frequent APPALLING BEHAVIOUR you see,read,hear about.

Still enough power in the SMOKING LOBBY to pull a few strings.Any comments Stocksy?
i wish they ban booze, with how good I have my homebrew system going, id get rich off of the black market :D :D
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I'd rather they didn't ban booze, I'm not managing a vineyard growing pinot noir grapes for my own amusement ;)
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

Megan wrote:I'd rather they didn't ban booze, I'm not managing a vineyard growing pinot noir grapes for my own amusement ;)
im sure they would still make excllent table grapes :wink:
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

The USA did try prohibition in the 1920s.
It wasn't exactly a roaring success.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

I wouldn't mind them banning cigarettes. I quit 16 days (and counting) ago, and it'd just make it easier
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

boncer34 wrote:
What has happened to Cousins has nothing to do with booze and cigarettes. However you must be blind to not see the contradiction. We grow up being told drugs are bad. They kill us from the inside and make us loose control over ourselves. Yet two drugs which, fit the bill are legal and taxed by the government.
If all drugs are bad, the should all be illegal. Sorry you and others can't live without your cigarettes and booze.
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

grassy1 wrote:The 1st Government to BAN GROG will be VOTED OUT OF EXISTENCE.That is,depite the frequent APPALLING BEHAVIOUR you see,read,hear about.

Which part would you like me to comment on Grassy?
Here's to swimming with bow legged women...
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Essendon4eva wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
What has happened to Cousins has nothing to do with booze and cigarettes. However you must be blind to not see the contradiction. We grow up being told drugs are bad. They kill us from the inside and make us loose control over ourselves. Yet two drugs which, fit the bill are legal and taxed by the government.
If all drugs are bad, the should all be illegal. Sorry you and others can't live without your cigarettes and booze.
I believe we should go the opposite way. Legalise pot/extasy. Make heroine/cocaine (massively addictive drugs) prescription drugs. Take organised crime out of the equation and the tax revenue generated will more than cover any increase in hospital costs.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Essendon4eva wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
The difference, the crucial difference, E4E, is that some people are able to consume alcohol at a sensible and safe level. The same can't be said for Heroin, or other drugs of that calibre.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

The same can be same for weed. Also, if someone abuses weed they most likley fall asleep in there own home, while someone who abuses alcohol can get realy agressive and hyper. Weed is a downer, Alcohol is a upper.

What about cigarette's? Can you provide an argument for that? Because every other drug that is illegal is bad for your health. Can you give an argument for that?
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

keri wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
The difference, the crucial difference, E4E, is that some people are able to consume alcohol at a sensible and safe level. The same can't be said for Heroin, or other drugs of that calibre.
A heroine addict can live a relatively normal life if they have acess to a regular supply of drugs.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

E4E, The same CANNOT be said for weed. Weed, in general, will not kill you if you get a type you aren't used to. It won't stop your damn heart if you have one milligram too much. I don't know any dopeheads (And I've been one myself, in the past) who will stab you for their next cone. And you might want to look into what you know about alcohol. It's a depressent, not a stimulant.

And I've just given up cigarettes. I can't say there are too many good things about them, and I can tell you from personal experience that giving them up is much, much harder than kicking the drugs. A whole ton harder.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Keri, when it comes to engaging in what might loosely be called 'discussion' with E4E, you're better off banging your head against a wall, pissing into a fierce wind, mixing oil with water etc.

Unless you've got mountains of spare time on your hands, you're best off just ignoring him.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Oh,nothing specific.,or in a General sense,that of late didn't involve Footballers.COTTESLOE Beach or MULLALOO ring a bell?

Did you jear the news of late on Cousins?The 2nd CHARGE will be DROPPED.Yet another COCKUP by WA Police will see him OFF THE HOOK!

No amount of SPIN from John McRoberts(A Misunderstanding John?Do you lot STUDY New Legislative Changes and Fully Brief anyone?)can channge the FACT that it was a MAJOR STUFF UP.

Cousins is OFF THE HOOK,but in reality,it doesn't change anything.He's still keeping bad company,even diring the day in question,still behaving APAALINGLY and has shown NO SIGN of changing his ways.Or NO SIGN of REMORSE.

This might seem like he's VINDICATED,but it doesn't.It will probably EMBOLDEN him to think he's STILL BULLET PROOF and a Man who is WRONGED.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Keri, when it comes to engaging in what might loosely be called 'discussion' with E4E, you're better off banging your head against a wall, pissing into a fierce wind, mixing oil with water etc.

Unless you've got mountains of spare time on your hands, you're best off just ignoring him.
Yeah, I know. But I like a challenge.
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

Double dutch Grassy... I have been crook as a dog over the last week and spent most of in bed in between frequent trips to the loo. So this is all news to me, what's the Cottesloe & Mullaloo incidents?

As fo rthe charges being dropped, thats no surprise to anyone...
Here's to swimming with bow legged women...