Cuz in the shit AGAIN.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

West Coast may well have to come out in Public and say why they dismissed him if COUSINS forces their Hand.Though I suspect he mightn't want to.Still keeps VERY DUBIOUS COMPANY.

Couldn't help notice one of them is represented Legally by the very same person that handles/d Ben.

He's up for an ASSAULT charge.Can't recall if that was the incident where the victim went to within an Inch of his Life,but will follow this with interest.

But NOT in doubt in COUSINS continual INSISTENCE of keeping BAD COMPMANY.That more than anything else may have been enough.If not,the bloke up on charges in Chicks car will do it.

Cousins may have GOT OFF on a Technicality,but it wasn't MORNING TEA he was having in the CESSPIT that is BLOODY NORTHBRIDGE.

IDIOTS' BRIGADE!
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Hey, they do some very nice turkish pizza in Northbridge, Grassy. It's not all bad.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
NIFTY

Post by NIFTY »

i would give up my first born child...to participate in a 43 person orgy (me and + 41 glamours) with ben cousins
Sonof

Post by Sonof »

Make it 44 Nifty, I am very keen for that. I'll warn you though that being the only African-American Freo supporter (apart from my old man), you and Benny may not quite measure up to the jousting stick that is my sword.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

BenDoolan wrote:
Sismis wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Sismis wrote:AFL and West Coast are stuffed.

From Wrongful dismissal, restriction of trade to outright defamation.

He will be allowed to play next year if any club will have him. If he doesn't play next year (or again) he can look forward to potentially millions for lost wages.

There are reasons people are supposed to be innocent untill proven guilty.

Don't get me wrong, I think the guy is waste of talent/space/oxygen, BUT in this country we still have SOME rights.
Why is it wrongful dismissal? I think we need to see what was in his revised contract before coming to that conclusion. If it states he must not make a public nuisance of himself, or get into a compromising sitiation with the law, then that's it. It doesn't mean charges have to stick or in fact be convicted.
Driving you car home from a nightclub is in no way making a public nuisance. I think you will find the charges do have to stick if that is the reason they have sacked you.
But driving your car under the influence is. He was suspected of doing so, but refused the driver assessment. He is within his right's to do so, but penalties apply if the police follow correct law enforcement procedures. This didn't occur. But that doesn't mean Ben Cousins is innocent of driving under the influence.
Innocent untill proven guilt. It is one of the things a democracy is built on. Ben Cousin's was not proven guilty of anything. West Coast jumped the gun, in fear of the public and the AFL turning on them.

And please, refusing a drug test, is not bringing the game into disripute. the AFL's drug testing was made to look like a joke, because they didn't catch Ben Cousins. they are clutching at strings to get him out of the AFL.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Sismis wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Sismis wrote:AFL and West Coast are stuffed.

From Wrongful dismissal, restriction of trade to outright defamation.

He will be allowed to play next year if any club will have him. If he doesn't play next year (or again) he can look forward to potentially millions for lost wages.

There are reasons people are supposed to be innocent untill proven guilty.

Don't get me wrong, I think the guy is waste of talent/space/oxygen, BUT in this country we still have SOME rights.
Why is it wrongful dismissal? I think we need to see what was in his revised contract before coming to that conclusion. If it states he must not make a public nuisance of himself, or get into a compromising sitiation with the law, then that's it. It doesn't mean charges have to stick or in fact be convicted.
Driving you car home from a nightclub is in no way making a public nuisance. I think you will find the charges do have to stick if that is the reason they have sacked you.
But driving your car under the influence is. He was suspected of doing so, but refused the driver assessment. He is within his right's to do so, but penalties apply if the police follow correct law enforcement procedures. This didn't occur. But that doesn't mean Ben Cousins is innocent of driving under the influence.
Innocent untill proven guilt. It is one of the things a democracy is built on. Ben Cousin's was not proven guilty of anything. West Coast jumped the gun, in fear of the public and the AFL turning on them.

And please, refusing a drug test, is not bringing the game into disripute. the AFL's drug testing was made to look like a joke, because they didn't catch Ben Cousins. they are clutching at strings to get him out of the AFL.
Did you;

a) read my post?
b) comprehend it?
Essendunny
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Read what you quoted again. You brought up the specifics. People were making jokes, so I made my own. Your statement also lead me to believe, you are very pro-booze/ciggies.
That was a joke? No really? It was? f***

My statement led you to believe that? Now your joking right?
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

BD - did he refuse the driver assessment? I thought they said charges were dropped because the person who conducted the assessment was not the officer who observed Cousins driving under the influence? Have I missed something?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tonysoprano wrote:BD - did he refuse the driver assessment? I thought they said charges were dropped because the person who conducted the assessment was not the officer who observed Cousins driving under the influence? Have I missed something?
Yes, that's what he was charged with (refusing a driver assessment). I think they should have said the police officer who went to conduct the assessment......

If he actually participated in the assessment, we would have heard about the results i.e positive or negative.
Essendunny
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

boncer34 wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:Read what you quoted again. You brought up the specifics. People were making jokes, so I made my own. Your statement also lead me to believe, you are very pro-booze/ciggies.

Yes, your statement, implied, Alcohol and Ciggies should still be legal. If you are for them being legal, you are for the drug. You are saying it is fine to use those substances.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

You would have thought the arresting person was the one who conducted the Test.Under the old Legislation,let alone the new.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

The Restaurants are just fine Keri.It's the IDIOTS that file in,off their tree already,tank themselves up for more and then go out in BIG NUMBERS looking for a BLUE.

I avoid it like the PLAGUE.You only have to hear stories of Frequently upset customers being BLATANTLY INTERFERED WITH,when trying to eat,to put you RIGHT OFF!
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Can't say I had any trouble there, but then again I don't go looking for it, so I tend to be alright.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

Yes, your statement, implied, Alcohol and Ciggies should still be legal. If you are for them being legal, you are for the drug. You are saying it is fine to use those substances.
Lets ban coffee eh?
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

You've been lucky.Mind you,there was some attempt to CLEAR that ROT OFF.

The IDIOTS are still there,though.Keep safe!
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

grassy1 wrote:You've been lucky.Mind you,there was some attempt to CLEAR that ROT OFF.

The IDIOTS are still there,though.Keep safe!
I had the "bodyguard" with me when I was walking through there, so I was alright, but it didn't look any worse to me than Smith St in Melbourne or some parts of Brunswick St.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Oh good.

Are those 2 spots lumbered with a Bad reputation?

Brunswick St ain't necessarily implying Brunswick is it?
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Parts of them are. Some of the best night spots and restaurants are in that area, but then you can find yourself in a bit of trouble if you wander into the areas near the housing association high-rise flats.

Bit of a raccaus a few weeks ago because the council was dealing with the problem of homeless people drinking on the streets by moving the benches they sit on further down the street and away from the better restaurants etc.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Make the STAGGER or CRAWL(Yellowbeard?) that less bearable.

Lost touch with Dear 'ole Melbourne.Had to google it the other night after seeing a song from THINGS of STONE and WOOD.Your Town?

W-CLASS TRAMS,RED RATTLERS,HARRIS TRAINS,CAMBERWELL STATION.I was a bit of a TRAIN NERD in my younger days,wandering down BURKE RD.

My mother once thought about returning,but didn't like what she saw and it put her right off.It'd changed too much for her liking and upbringing.

She now has an eye on the SOUTH Coast of NSW for some reason.Cripes,that'll be a Trip and a half to see her,if she was serious.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Wandering down BURKE RD,staring in the window of THE CHOCOLATE BOX.

Gee,the 72 takes an ETERNITY to get to THE CLOCKS.

Stop!All this Reminiscing is driving me nuts!Heh!Heh!It was my 2nd Home in the early-Mid 70's.