2nd Prelim Final...Sydney vs Fremantle

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nomolos
Club Captain

2nd Prelim Final...Sydney vs Fremantle

Post by nomolos »

Discuss

Telstra Stadium. Fri 8pm.
Last edited by nomolos on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sash
On the Rookie List

Post by sash »

Wouldnt mind to see Freo win this, something differant for the final but my tip is Sydney. Could even go back to back :lol: shoudl be a good game tho.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Swannies for me. Dorkers will do a doggies, ie. be pretty happy to have made it so far, i.e. won't be mentally prepared to win. Won't lose by 12 though. Swannies could easily go all the way, esp. if Crows happen to beat Eagles. Latter will be too hard to stop if they get to the pointy end but.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

i think the swans are too strong for the dockers - but i also think the ground (telstra) may suit the dockers better - a lot of space - much harder for the swans to clog up and impede the dockers run. at the scg i would be 100% sure the swans would win - but at telstra not so sure.

would like the dockers to get up - just to see a new "face" in the GF. they were very good the other night - and should have won by more. i reckon they are capable of springing a surprise, but like I said....the swans are pretty bloody strong.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Swans should win...they have successfully been able to limit the damage doen by the eagles midfield at Subiaco so should have no problems with fremantles less talented mob.

Also finals experience will be a big part of the equation this week and freo will quite possibly feel that they have achieved their aim for the year (of winning a final) and let their guard down.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

swans "should" win
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Yep, Swans for me........not that I´ve noticed their form in the past 5 weeks
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

On Telstra Stadium Fremantle have a slim chance.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Swans will win. They have the experience and are looking very good at the moment.

Would love to see freo win though
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Aussies love an underdog, so I guess we'd all like to see Freo win, but is it realistic?

I agree with tonys that Swans would kill them on the SCG, but even at Telstra Stadium, my money would still be on the Swans.

I think the Swans have been a bit of a dark horse all year. Who knows, they could go back to back.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I was thinking about this game last night, and call me crazy, but I think Fremantle are a big chance. And I think that Sandilands is the reason they might just win the game.

Think about it from this perspective - the best work that the Swans do is at the stoppages. That is their bread-and-butter, the way that they break good teams is by consistantly executing efficient plays at those stoppages. Sandilands can stop that. Not because he can palm the ball down to Dockers players (and he can do that), but because he can thump the ball 20 metres clear of the stoppage and out into space - there were numerous examples of this on Friday night. If his tactic was to do that more (and id suggest it would be), then it would completely negate Sydney's efficiency at the stoppages, and stop a lot of their momentum.

Freo are a big big chance, don't worry about that.
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

Freo are a huge chance because they can win the football out of the centre, and they have the skills to find their men if the conditions are good. They also have genuine stars who can win them a game ie Pavlich, Farmer, Headland, Sandilands, Bell, Carr, etc..

Obvioulsy Sydney are favourites but the expectation is on them to deliver again and for once they are clearly the favourites going into a knock out final.

Last year they nearly got beaten by Geelong when they were at home and favourite, then won against St.Kilda to make the GF when they were underdogs.

Now they are dead set certainties with the betting agencies and most tipsters so i wouldn't be surprised to see Freo rattle their cage.

Freo by 5 pts.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Hope sydeny get up but incur some injuries in this game. Its pathetic how these guys can have a full list for teh last 6 weeks of the season.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

As Roos said, the style of football the swans play doesnt injure as many players as that of the run run run style of the doggies.
Pazza
Essendon Legend

Post by Pazza »

Would love to see Goodes on Pavlich..a dream match up.
BT's resident umpire
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

I picked Freo....
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Gossy wrote:As Roos said, the style of football the swans play doesnt injure as many players as that of the run run run style of the doggies.
Yes, but it injures the eyes of supporters who have to watch the rubbish.

Sydney will win. Game will bottle up on the small ground, and Freo will have no idea what to do. They rely on a running game, and they won't get it.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

Rooting for the Dockers. Can't stand those Sydney f*****s and the way they play the game.
Bombers till' I die
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Harsh words. I hate "circle work "footy so much, that I actually look forward to watching the Swannies play.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

The Man from Bomberland wrote:Rooting for the Dockers. Can't stand those Sydney f*****s and the way they play the game.
Unless you literally are going to be "rooting" for the dockers, then at what point did we become America?