Sheedy's view on captaincy

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
dheal
Top Up Player

Sheedy's view on captaincy

Post by dheal »

Noticed with interest in todays Herald-Sun, Sheedy's view on who the captains for each club should be & he suggested that Dustin Fletcher should be captain with Lucas & McVeigh next in line. With no mention of Matthew Lloyd. Does he think Lloyd was behind the non renewal of his contract, did they have a falling out. Love to know if he holds a grudge?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Because Lloyd already is captain. In his article, he didnt mention other temas captains. I think he was just highlighting that when clubs nominate 3-5 captains, it means they havent got any real leaders, like Hird and Voss & co/
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I haven't seen the article - did he mean behind Lloyd, in the situation where Lloyd was injured? Or just flat out captaining?

I know Lucas doesn't want the captaincy. Other than that... wait no, lets not open that can of worms again ;)
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
dheal
Top Up Player

Post by dheal »

No i don't want to bring up old issues, as i think Lloyd should be captain & have our full support, but Sheedy DID MENTION existing captains, Pavlich, Harley Simpson etc as being the ideal leaders of their clubs but left out Lloyd?