Neagle

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Neagle

Post by sconsey »

Where is he? He isn't on the injured list? Didn't he have stress fractures in the foot? I've had them once before, damn they are painful! What was Neagles pre-season like, because there just hasn't seemed to be much talk about him...
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

He's been training and is supposedly on track to be able to play around the start of the season.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

Thanx!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Named in the squad for his week.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

looks very good so far tonight, very confident which is good to see
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Nice kick too
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Geez he looked good in some of those contests I've seen so far (half time here on tv). One beautiful mark body on body with Fisher, paid the free kick for no apparent reason, other than to rob Neagle of a mark.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Reminded me of Aaron Hamill tonight. Hit the packs HARD. There'll be few saints wandering around gingerly for the next fortnight. Won't get an opponent that small every week but looked great all the same. Needs to drop 5-10kg.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

andrewb wrote:Reminded me of Aaron Hamill tonight. Hit the packs HARD. There'll be few saints wandering around gingerly for the next fortnight. Won't get an opponent that small every week but looked great all the same. Needs to drop 5-10kg.
Good comparison - i thought the same thing. Love the way he barrels people.

And i'd note in passing that Neagle has done more in his 2 games of AFL to convince me he's a viable replacement to either Lloyd/Lucas than Johns has in his 20 odd games. Pretty much given up on Courtney.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Thought Neagle was great tonight. If he can keep his spot in the side then we may have something we haven't had since Caracella and that is three players consistently kicking goals.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

His built like a brick shithouse too.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Is it just me or was there something strange going on with his eyes?

Looked a little scary which is a good thing!!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: Neagle

Post by Rossoneri »

Took the words right out of my mouth Jimmy. I said the exact same thing last night.
Mervs boy looks good and will probably play round 1 with Gumbleton out.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Looks good. Hasn't had much of a pre-season once again. Will be good to see how he goes with a few games strung together.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

He played awesome last night. Attack on the footy was second to none. Definetly believe he has gone past Johns in his two games. Apparently he wants to be a backman, I think he is going to be our answer on the forward line.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I saw glimpses of real talent in his only game last year - aggression at the ball, subtle sides-steps and calm decision making'. I didnt see the game last night but I wonder if anyone could describe his playing style or even compare him with any other AFL Key forward?
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Windy_Hill wrote:I saw glimpses of real talent in his only game last year - aggression at the ball, subtle sides-steps and calm decision making'. I didnt see the game last night but I wonder if anyone could describe his playing style or even compare him with any other AFL Key forward?
Aaron Hamill is a comparison made by AndrewB as above which i think is a pretty fair comparison. He goes at a contest like a bull out of a gate so that if someone drops into his space in a marking contest he'll let them know, has a decent roost on him and in one contest last night with Sam Fisher (decent sized defender), he stood his ground in a one-on-one contest and beat him all ends up to take the mark.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:I saw glimpses of real talent in his only game last year - aggression at the ball, subtle sides-steps and calm decision making'. I didnt see the game last night but I wonder if anyone could describe his playing style or even compare him with any other AFL Key forward?
Aaron Hamill is a comparison made by AndrewB as above which i think is a pretty fair comparison. He goes at a contest like a bull out of a gate so that if someone drops into his space in a marking contest he'll let them know, has a decent roost on him and in one contest last night with Sam Fisher (decent sized defender), he stood his ground in a one-on-one contest and beat him all ends up to take the mark.

Like to see Neagle and Tom Hawkins on the park when we play Geeeeeeelong.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Whilst Jay Neagle did well last night, he is a long way off being in top fitness. Which is a good sign I guess.....if he can produce 4 goals without being 100% match fit, look out when he is.

Great to see the names Neagle and Watson playing well for Esendon again.
Essendunny
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

I agree with Jimmy and Rossi...I thought he looks to have much better smarts than CJ...who was very quiet on Friday night.

He really looks like his old man ... just a much bigger version.