Maggots

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Re: Maggots

Post by jimmyc1985 »

c****.

Disgusting. Another group of people i am infinitely smarter than.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Apologies robrulz, I know that two sainters collided in the NAB and got a free, I must've missed the resulting free from the first incident today.

Either that or I was so used to hearing "Free to St Kilda" I missed it ;)
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

robrulz5 wrote:
Megan wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:North Melbourne players could run into eachother and still get a free kick. It did end 22-15 but they had the first 6 within about four minutes which is one reason why they lead by 20 points very quickly.
They did run into each other, twice, no free kick either time which surprised me as much as anybody.
Jones and Thompson ran into eachother in the 1st quarter and they got a free. Jones was on the ground for sometime and was helped off.
That was not what the free was paid for.

You could hear the ump explain to Fletcher that the free was being paid against him for hands in the back before the marking contest. Tickie-tocuhwood decision but under the bullshit rule it was actually there.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

FFS, I know it's falling on deaf ears, but GET RID OF THAT SHIT F****** RULE. How the f*** can you pay piss ant decisions for simply PLACING a hand on someone's jumper, but allow a PUSH out with a forearm a la Nathan Thompson on Mal? I am sick and tired of SOFT free kicks being paid while infringements are being ignored. Try explaining to a 6 year old why some decisions are paid and others not. I simply gave up. f*** OF BARTLETT
Essendunny
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

BenDoolan wrote:FFS, I know it's falling on deaf ears, but GET RID OF THAT SHIT F****** RULE. How the f*** can you pay piss ant decisions for simply PLACING a hand on someone's jumper, but allow a PUSH out with a forearm a la Nathan Thompson on Mal? I am sick and tired of SOFT free kicks being paid while infringements are being ignored. Try explaining to a 6 year old why some decisions are paid and others not. I simply gave up. f*** OF BARTLETT
That push out of Thompson's was a big forward bump into Mal's back with hands after the initial bump into the lower back and a clear free yet Slatts gets a 50m penalty after taking a mark and kicking a goal PRIOR to the umpire blowing his whistle... tell me, how do you know if there's a free kick against you before you kick the ball if the umpire hasn't blown his whistle yet? Morons.

The frees being paid in the first half (in particular) were an abomination. Being plucked from thin air.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Dr P
Top Up Player

Post by Dr P »

I loved the 2 attemped trips within 5 mins in 2nd 1/4
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Hands in the back, Australia says no.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Whatever MALTHOUSE said but sadly withdrew in reference to ADOLPH,I REINSTATE.

YOU IDIOT ANDERSON! :evil:
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

You know they are bad when JimmyC starts to swear :P
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

ealesy wrote:
That was not what the free was paid for.

You could hear the ump explain to Fletcher that the free was being paid against him for hands in the back before the marking contest. Tickie-tocuhwood decision but under the bullshit rule it was actually there.
They really need to change that rule. It was fine how it was- A hand in the back is fine as long as there is no forward movement.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

billyduckworth wrote:
At one stage, I commented to the bloke next to me,
"I don't think they've actually got one decision right yet"
I think David Schwarz said something very similar in the first half during the telecast.
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

I like the 50 against McVeigh for screaming "Huuhhh".
Youve got a recipe for disaster when you;ve got those maggots running around with no idea and no sense of reality for a situation.
What a joke that was.
"your'e like a girl standing out the front of a chemist…..Too scared to go in and get the pill!"
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

bueller wrote:I like the 50 against McVeigh for screaming "Huuhhh".
Youve got a recipe for disaster when you;ve got those maggots running around with no idea and no sense of reality for a situation.
What a joke that was.
They've got it in for McVeigh. Umpires think he's a smart arse. All I know, is that Mark McVeigh is F****** good at his trade. I don't know about those dickheads though.
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

It will be hilarious to see how the Brownlow votes are dished out from yesterday...
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Well the hands in the back rule was responsible for most of the wrong and inconsistent decisions made. Lloyd uses his forearm as you are supposed to be allowed and is free kicked Thompson demonstrably pushes MM out and nothing. Get rid of the new interpretation - its stuffed and its stuffing the game. A backman is allowed to do nothing nowadays,no manourving, no chopping of arms, if there is any contact for a nano second its an automatic free to the likes of the umps favourites i.e. Riewolt AND now St Kilda are flying this tunnelling kite. Just how soft do they want to make Aussie Rules ? I have seen more contact in a Netball game than what some of these frees they are dishing out. Hello - its a contact sport - its not touch football. Heavy contact should be expected and allowed as long as its fair.

Its all smacks in this new phenomenon in sport where the umpires and referees interfere in the actual spirit of the game - like they are one of the combatants. Unfortunately these soft coke rules are aiding and abetting this.

Does that arsehole Bartlett have that job for life or what ? Get rid of him and bring back footy as a contact sport.

/end rave
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

MH_Bomber wrote:Well the hands in the back rule was responsible for most of the wrong and inconsistent decisions made. Lloyd uses his forearm as you are supposed to be allowed and is free kicked Thompson demonstrably pushes MM out and nothing. Get rid of the new interpretation - its stuffed and its stuffing the game. A backman is allowed to do nothing nowadays,no manourving, no chopping of arms, if there is any contact for a nano second its an automatic free to the likes of the umps favourites i.e. Riewolt AND now St Kilda are flying this tunnelling kite. Just how soft do they want to make Aussie Rules ? I have seen more contact in a Netball game than what some of these frees they are dishing out. Hello - its a contact sport - its not touch football. Heavy contact should be expected and allowed as long as its fair.

Its all smacks in this new phenomenon in sport where the umpires and referees interfere in the actual spirit of the game - like they are one of the combatants. Unfortunately these soft coke rules are aiding and abetting this.

Does that arsehole Bartlett have that job for life or what ? Get rid of him and bring back footy as a contact sport.

/end rave
If I went away for 5 years and came back, I wouldn't recognise the sport. It's becoming insane.

Just out of interest, does anyone know how many rule changes occur in soccer every year? I bet the answer is between zero and nought.....
Essendunny
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

BenDoolan wrote:
MH_Bomber wrote:Well the hands in the back rule was responsible for most of the wrong and inconsistent decisions made. Lloyd uses his forearm as you are supposed to be allowed and is free kicked Thompson demonstrably pushes MM out and nothing. Get rid of the new interpretation - its stuffed and its stuffing the game. A backman is allowed to do nothing nowadays,no manourving, no chopping of arms, if there is any contact for a nano second its an automatic free to the likes of the umps favourites i.e. Riewolt AND now St Kilda are flying this tunnelling kite. Just how soft do they want to make Aussie Rules ? I have seen more contact in a Netball game than what some of these frees they are dishing out. Hello - its a contact sport - its not touch football. Heavy contact should be expected and allowed as long as its fair.

/end rave
If I went away for 5 years and came back, I wouldn't recognise the sport. It's becoming insane.

Just out of interest, does anyone know how many rule changes occur in soccer every year? I bet the answer is between zero and nought.....
It's not insane BD, It's sad.

It is a different sport from what I grew up with, and that's only going back 10-15 years or so.

And it's different from the top down, the AFL is only interested in the coin these days, they don't really give a stuff about the real supporters, but that's a discussion for a different time.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Thanks for the support. I was just expressing what I feel nowadays watching footy. I see minimal contact and free kicks are paid. I scream what was that for, they show a replay and its was for basically nothing. I have said to my other half, a Sydney supporter, who most times feels aggreived about the umpiring, there are games I almost cant watch when you see a plethora of ridiculous free kicks.

Thankfully the Bombers play a brand of fast exciting but tough footy that ameliorates these low points.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

We should learn from this game and the Saints match where the umpiring, I thought, was even worse. We must have copped at least 8 frees against for hands in the back or a push in the back. At least half were total bullshit. If the umpires are going to be consistently inconsistent regarding these rules, we must adapt and not give them any grounds to have the opportunity to make appalling decisions. There were a couple of blatant frees that we gave away which we must eliminate from our game as they will cost us a game if not addressed. Poor umpiring has a way of evening out, even if it is over several games and not just one.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark