Player Review: #2. Ricky Dyson

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Player Review: #2. Ricky Dyson

Post by bombercol »

Might as well start number 2!

In and out of the side.

In my opinion not given enough match time until very late in the season.

Encouraged by his form but needs to raise the bar next year.

I think Dyson will be a an excellent player for us.

The wing is his best position in my opinion.

5/10
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

I was wondering when this was going to start back up, we started and stopped with Mark Johnson.

Shows good potential, needs to get more time.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Have to agree with the first 2.
Shown good signs but not enough time on the ground to really establish himself. Give him that next year and he should come good.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

dyson is a champ, he might be the watson of 2006, play every game and have an impressive year
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
antcl
Top Up Player

Post by antcl »

Dissapointing year. Given how well he played at the end of 2005, I don't think you can really argue he played at a higher level this year.

Had a few games where he didn't get a huge amount of game time, but at least one or two of those that was justified given his lack of impact on the game.

Still looks good, but big question marks over whether he can get enough of the ball at AFL level to take that next step. Currently beautiful finisher, but very outsidy and feeds a bit too much. Must get more ball.

4/10.
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

I think Dyson looked good in patches but like Essendon in general, was inconsistent.
However i reckon he's gonna be a very good player for us with more games under his belt and has been nurtered along by Sheedy so far.

Sometimes he's a bit of a deer in the headlights running into goal but he is genuinely skillful player who we can't afford to let go of.

As for getting enough of the football - i think he will be a 20plus possession player if played for the whole game. He has shown that on the occasions he's been given the time on the ground, he can accumulate.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Has good skills and more importantly, actually carries the ball. Isnt afraid to run with it and take a few bounces. Will sometimes get caught but at least he takes the oppurtunity to go for a run.

Needs to play a lot more games than he has been so far, improve on his consistency should be his main priority over the PS.

His game against Brisbane was his best, just kept running and running and didnt miss a beat with the boot either.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

Shown what he is capable of a few times this year. Can find the pill, break the lines and generally finish with good disposal.

Has been brought along slowly (some would say too slowly) but a big pre-season, and a injection of confidence from the coaching staff, should see him start to find a bit more consistency.

4/10
R.I.P. Seattle SuperSonics 1967/68 - 2007/08
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Sorry i didnt get onto number 2 quicker, have been busy lately.

Anyway...
Dyson had a good year, better as the year went on, had a few stand out games. Found a bit more of the ball which was good, still goes missing occasionaly. Starting to back himself too which is good. Hopefully with a strong pre season he can become a key member to the midfield. Was really only his second season after missing most of last year.

5.5 out of 10
king_rasto
High Draft Pick

Post by king_rasto »

Thought he did well.
Had more stand out games then last year.
Well done Ricky.
5.5/10
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

class act - will only get better with more game time.

tough to judge his overall performance given Sheedys want to drop the kid, or play him on the bench more than on the ground.

i think he will be a star.

6/10.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

I think he will be a good winger or HFF but to date he has shown only flashes of creative play, dash and precision disposal but little ability to find the ball.

I think he has been very overated by many in BT and for mine he got all the game time he deserved in 06 and failed to take his chances and cement his spot in the 22.

Dissapointing season IMO, but do hope for bigger and better things from him in '07'.

2/10 given he couldnt provide anything in a team that finished second last with just 4 wins.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I think you've been a bit harsh Sol, though I take your point that some of us in BT may be overrating him at the moment - I guess we're all excited about potential, rather than what has been shown so far.

So I am going to give him two ratings (are you allowed to do that?).

On what he has shown so far 3.5/10 - great in flashes, slowly growing in confidence with disposal.

On what he might show in coming years 8/10 - has pace, can kick well once he decides what to do with it, not afraid to take a bounce.

Conclusion: play him every game possible next year (and not on the bench) and see what happens.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Always thought he would be a star. Needs to play every game though - give him the confidence to feel he is part of this side and belongs at AFL level.

6/10, but expecting big things from him in 07.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

I actually agree with Sol. Ricky had his chances this year and showed very little. Everyone can see he has talent. Just needs to have more presence on field. Get in and get the pill for himself. I suppose this will happen as he builds up?

Also, he seemed to turn the ball over alot this year compared to the previous year. I hope he can do a Jobe next year, otherwise he might miss the boat completely...
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

He was very inconsistent and will continue to improve. He is capable of being a very good wingman if given the opportunity.
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

Yeah he played okay this year. Showed glimpses oh what he is capable of. I think his speed is an awesome part of his game, and he can usually finish off a goal from on the run from the pocket
Rating: 5/10