Get A Seat / Ticket Folks!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Re: Get A Seat / Ticket Folks!

Post by uptick »

Rossoneri wrote:
bpdons wrote:Well this 'fully ticketed match' crap is just a joke IMO.

I boycotted last weeks match, and will continue to do so for all Colonial Stadium matches.
Poor you. Last weeks game wasnt fully ticketed, it was a walk up start. Missed a great game :lol:
uptick wrote:Thats why I will never be an AFL member of Essendon. I'm an Essndon member of Essendon - f*** the AFL, knob-jockeys the lot of them. Mind you, Essendon didn't think of ist fans when it signed up for the phone dome either.
The deal we have at the Dome has set us up to ensure we dont become the Bulldogs, Roos, Tigers, Saints etc. The only beef I have is that our home games are fully ticketed. Level 3 should be walk up start, unless they are expecting massive numbers like this week. Games that are expect 40-45k should be walk ups on level 3.

In the next contract (due in about 3 years I think), I would like us to have some more games at the G, providing that at the 'G, we get a better deal than we did prior to moving to the Dome.
I hear you , the important aspect of the next deal is to mandate that if the club wishes a home game to be moved from the dome to the "G", it should happen - say 2 a year. Won't happen but,
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I've got my seat... in the car to Purnim. :shock:
We're having some massive reunion way out west so I'm missing this game. BOOO!
Not happy. Why couldn't it have been today?
Rossoneri wrote:
bpdons wrote:Well this 'fully ticketed match' crap is just a joke IMO.

I boycotted last weeks match, and will continue to do so for all Colonial Stadium matches.
Poor you. Last weeks game wasnt fully ticketed, it was a walk up start. Missed a great game :lol:
uptick wrote:Thats why I will never be an AFL member of Essendon. I'm an Essndon member of Essendon - f*** the AFL, knob-jockeys the lot of them. Mind you, Essendon didn't think of ist fans when it signed up for the phone dome either.
The deal we have at the Dome has set us up to ensure we dont become the Bulldogs, Roos, Tigers, Saints etc. The only beef I have is that our home games are fully ticketed. Level 3 should be walk up start, unless they are expecting massive numbers like this week. Games that are expect 40-45k should be walk ups on level 3.

In the next contract (due in about 3 years I think), I would like us to have some more games at the G, providing that at the 'G, we get a better deal than we did prior to moving to the Dome.
I agree. It is so good when we have away games at TD and can just rock up. My uncle had a spare ticket on the bottom level anyway this week. vingertje Me happy, my brother up the top by himself not so much. :lol:

On the next stadium contract, I thought we were locked in till about 2025?
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

j-mac wrote:On the next stadium contract, I thought we were locked in till about 2025?
I think thats when the AFL take control of TD, could be wrong though.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Got my seat for tomorrow this morning and will be on level 3 row W!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

robrulz5 wrote:Got my seat for tomorrow this morning and will be on level 3 row W!
Hope you're not scared of hieghts. I have sat there before, its way up though at TD, its still a decent seat.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Been there before as well. It still feels as if you are sitting on top of the players.

Looking forward to our first home game at the Dome in our new seats on level 2!
bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons »

I don't have a problem with having to book seats every week if we have to. It's just the $5.50 fee per ticket (excluding on the day walk-ups).
Honestly if 20,000 people books a seat, thats a windfall of $110,000 each game. How the hell that those sort of returns be justified for booking seats. Does any of this $5.50 go towards the home clubs gate receipts? I don't know.

I would prefer an online portal, where we type in our membership number, and book our seat that way - with no fee (or at most say $5 yearly membership booking online fee included with membership). I work in web/application development and its not rocket science, their ticketing system could not cost millions of dollars to implement. (which would take 20 TD games @ 20,000 booked seated fans to re-couperate)

Angry pills? You betcha buddy!
JimboC
Top Up Player

Post by JimboC »

I'm new to this scenario...,

So what you guys are saying is...if you have a membership and its an essendon home game...if you go to either a ticketmaster outlet or the Dome/G before the game....all you'll have to pay per member is a seat booking fee of $6.80? or something like that?

And then you just have your membership scanned at the ground when entering the game..?
The Watson Factor....
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

JimboC wrote:I'm new to this scenario...,

So what you guys are saying is...if you have a membership and its an essendon home game...if you go to either a ticketmaster outlet or the Dome/G before the game....all you'll have to pay per member is a seat booking fee of $6.80? or something like that?

And then you just have your membership scanned at the ground when entering the game..?
At all home games, its fully ticketed. If you go to the gate on the day of the match, you wont pay the booking fee. If you book before hand at another place (internet, or other ticketmaster location), you will get charged the $5.50.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley