3rd Quarter predictability.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
hop
Club Captain

3rd Quarter predictability.

Post by hop »

Laycock rucked his arse off - yet every time he got his hands to the ball it was collected by Judd, Sevens, and Betts - who tore us apart through the middle. The only ball we won out of the middle in that quarter was from the hands of the Carlton ruckman.

Throughout the quarter the ball was then delivered to space in the forward line where Fevola was allowed to run into this space and mark, often uncontested. They got 9 for the quarter and Fev got 8 for the match.

Blind Freddy in the stands could see it, yet it appeared as if the entire Essendon team was oblivious to it or just unable/unwilling to do something about it.

The biggest joke was when Fev out marked 3 potential Essendon opponents - yet only one competed in the air for the ball - nice work Stanton to stand and watch Fev jump into the space you should have occupied and mark 40 out.

It happens every time we play them - and it's not even a secret that they rise their game for the 3d quarter. I just wish the f*** that one day we will counter them.

In the end we got away with a win but we were not much better than the team that's lost how many in a row?
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Re: 3rd Quarter predictability.

Post by KaaN10 »

hop wrote:The biggest joke was when Fev out marked 3 potential Essendon opponents - yet only one competed in the air for the ball - nice work Stanton to stand and watch Fev jump into the space you should have occupied and mark 40 out.
That was ridiculous of Stanton, he didn't even jump ffs.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Stanton was flat footed quite a few times tonight.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Look at the scoreboard
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Stants heard some serious footsteps in that third quarter. Looked bad from the back of the Ponsford, can't imagine how that was portrayed on television.

You know the one I'm talking about. Michael had been struggling on Fev all night, and to have someone filling the hole to go third man up, or at very least hamper Fev's run at the ball, would have worked wonders. Stanton was in that position at least once in the third, and him staying down/backing out cost us a goal when Carlton were on a strong run.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

dom_105 wrote:Stants heard some serious footsteps in that third quarter. Looked bad from the back of the Ponsford, can't imagine how that was portrayed on television.

You know the one I'm talking about. Michael had been struggling on Fev all night, and to have someone filling the hole to go third man up, or at very least hamper Fev's run at the ball, would have worked wonders. Stanton was in that position at least once in the third, and him staying down/backing out cost us a goal when Carlton were on a strong run.
It happened right in front of me and it was terrible.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

There were some serious issues to come out of our performance tonight. But they can wait until tomorrow. Go Bom-f*****-ers.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Obviously the team has a lot of work to do still but hey we beat Carlton!!!!! I dont care how we do it as long as we beat them! =D>
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

robrulz5 wrote:Stanton was flat footed quite a few times tonight.
On TV, it looked like he moved aside and let Fev have a clean run at the ball. Wasn't pretty! They seem to go to Fevola so often on the lead, isn't there anyone on our backline who can actually show some anticipation, come in from the side and punch the ball away! Just cut in front of Fevola's leads, I'm getting tired of seeing Fevola kick a bag against us so regularly.