Lloyd

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Lloyd

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

f*** I miss my boy. Every time we head forward my heart sinks a little more. It seems so long ago that I last saw him charging up the ground, outmuscling his man, marking strongly, mock-falling to the turf, throwing the grass, slotting a boomer from 50m...

:( :cry:

I'm cherishing the rest of his career, what a f****** legend he is. Unlike Johnny he doesn't make me hard... But I love him, I wanna boof him... Get back on the field soon Mr Velvet Sledgehammer.
Bombers till' I die
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Couldn't agree more. Got the 18 on my 2000 premiership jumper. Cant wait for our champ to get back.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

It certainly will be great to have him back next season. Relieves pressure of Lucas and Johns. Imagine trying to line up on Hird Lloyd Lucas and Johns. Leaving one to hopefully be able to kick a bag. All can play out of the goal square, also so they can rotate, making it even more difficult for defenders.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

We will have a very potent attack next year with Lloydy back.
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

robrulz5 wrote:We will have a very potent attack next year with Lloydy back.
agree, with CJ proving his talent and Scotty... oh and them kids lovett monfries... some hird bloke down there too
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

And don't forget the very real possibility of Aker slotting it down each of their respective throats. Talk about a killer forward setup... Who bloody needs a backline? :wink:

I wish we could bugger cricket season off and jump headfirst into season 07. The off season is going to be a loooooooooong one...
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

I more interested in seeing how Llyod recovers from the injury. It isnt going to be a walk in the park for the champ as some on here think.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I'd like to hear from someone that's seen him train recently. Does he kick it the full 50 easy enough?
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

wouldnt be great if he comes back and kicks 10 in the first match :lol: :lol: then 100 in the season :) :D :D
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

wouldnt it****
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

You can just edit the post mate. Therefore dont have to double post. But yes for some reason, i think it would be great if he did that. :P
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

You're a gay, gay little man Steve :wink:
johng
Club Captain

Post by johng »

Oi, he`s my boy too !
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

There's plenty of him to go around fellas! I also can't wait to see him out on the park once again in 2007. Lets hope that our fortunes improve along with his return.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Interesting point: We all seem to think that having Lloyd back will take us well up the ladder in 2007, BUT who is going to win the Johnny this year? Fevola. Where is his team on the ladder? 16th. One great goalkicker is not going to be the only thing required.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Agree one player doesn't make a team, but still it will be great to have him back. Go lllllody!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

j-mac wrote:Interesting point: We all seem to think that having Lloyd back will take us well up the ladder in 2007, BUT who is going to win the Johnny this year? Fevola. Where is his team on the ladder? 16th. One great goalkicker is not going to be the only thing required.
Who else does Fev have in the forward line with him?
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Rossoneri wrote:
j-mac wrote:Interesting point: We all seem to think that having Lloyd back will take us well up the ladder in 2007, BUT who is going to win the Johnny this year? Fevola. Where is his team on the ladder? 16th. One great goalkicker is not going to be the only thing required.
Who else does Fev have in the forward line with him?
I think we will a huge amount better next year and even hugelier better than Carlton this year, I'm just saying Lloyd back won't equate to a top 4 finish. Maybe 7th or 8th at best.

EDIT - especially if he tries to play CHF.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

The difference is that we've had as many inside 50s as most teams we've played all year (more last week I think) but no-one to kick to.

Lloyd is worth at least an extra two or three goals each week, if not by kicking them himself, then by drawing the best defender to him and freeing up someone else.

Whack three goals on our scores this year and we'd be maybe 9-12, rather than 3-18. Not top four, by any stretch, but with some good recruiting etc we can be top 8.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Ossie wrote:
The difference is that we've had as many inside 50s as most teams we've played all year (more last week I think) but no-one to kick to.

Lloyd is worth at least an extra two or three goals each week, if not by kicking them himself, then by drawing the best defender to him and freeing up someone else.

Whack three goals on our scores this year and we'd be maybe 9-12, rather than 3-18. Not top four, by any stretch, but with some good recruiting etc we can be top 8.
I think you have hit the nail right on the head.

This season has not really been as bad as many people may reckon. In all liklihood we could have/should have won at least 4 more games with or without Lloyd (in other words we were in winning positions despite his absence) .

With him we certainly would have gone a lot closer on the 12-18 point margins.

So it may in fact be a blessing in disguise that in a year all about rebuilding, the squad has been forced to find different avenues to goal. Leasrning this will make the attack so much more potent when you add him back into the mix.

I think our propblem will be what to do with Lucas/Johns upon Lloydys return. With Centre Half BAck remaining a problem - do we shift Scotty back to his B&F winning role at CHN and slot CJ into CHF?