McVeigh hamstring - 4 weeks

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

McVeigh hamstring - 4 weeks

Post by Lloyd is King »

What a raging bummer. Great leadership from him tonite.

But more soft tissue injuries is a real worry.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Re: McVeigh hamstring - 4 weeks

Post by ealesy »

KILL QUINN!!!

No, let's just implement a new rule, that every Monday at training every player rehabing a hamstring injury gets to spend all training session punching the crap out of Quinn.

It might motivate the bastard to actually to do something!!!

And f*** the AFL...3 weeks in to the season and we are yet to get a 6 day break, got to have been playing some part in our injury toll!!
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

f***
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

The Captaincy Curse has struck again. 1999 is repeating itself.....except, we won't be playing finals.
Essendunny
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

ealesy wrote:KILL QUINN!!!

No, let's just implement a new rule, that every Monday at training every player rehabing a hamstring injury gets to spend all training session punching the crap out of Quinn.
This made me laugh.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

There were several threads dedicated to Quinn during the week. We must get rid of him, he is obviously not doing his job properly.
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

this was happening to the Saint for a couple of years....it is becoming a joke now....something must be done. Jetta Welsh Dempsey, well they can be covered. but to lose McVeigh tonight is going to be a huge loss. He has become our key player. Such leadership and committment. Lonegan has done a hammy as well, and Winderlich groin is gone...what the f*** is going on!!!
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Had an absolute gutfull of this!

FFS SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE!!!

A good starting point would be for the club to come out this week and acknowledge that it is a problem and don't bury it as 'bad luck' or 'one of those things that happens to teams'. This has been going on at Essendon more often and much longer than anywhere else.

I suspect it is Docklands and the club wont bag this joint and its crap playing surface (even though every retiring player says it cruels their recovery) and I also POINT THE FINGER AT QUINN!!!

FFS SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE.

It is just not right that we can play like we did tonight and fundamentally lose because of our shit management of this one key area.

It is too disheartening for the players, the club and the supporters. We all deserve more with the commitment our blokes are showing on the paddock (or should I say tarmac).
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

FOR f**** SAKE
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

The look on McVeigh's face as he came off..and then later the look on Knight's face as he left the coach's box at the end of the game..said it all. We deserved to win and only hamquinn lost it for us. If the man is even half decent, you would think he would resign NOW.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

hop wrote: I suspect it is Docklands and the club wont bag this joint and its crap playing surface (even though every retiring player says it cruels their recovery)
Absolutely...McMahon was a great president but why the f*** he ever signed a 25 year stadium deal with the management of this white elephant is f****** beyond me.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

MCVeigh's injury was the biggest downer about last night, he was winning the game for us and leading the club beautifully and its a shame that he will be out of action for 4 weeks especially with players like Lucas and Lloyd already out. I am getting sick and tired of the number of players we are losing each week due to hamstrings. :x