Watson

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Re: Watson

Post by KaaN10 »

He's absolute shithouse.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

He's not the only one turning it over, at least he's one of the only ones who look interested at the moment.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

You can add Stanton to your list as well. Very sad for this young man. He looks half the footballer he was 2 years ago. Shocking decision making, poor skills and terrible accountability
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Stanton, Monfries, Dyson, Welsh, Houli, and Winderlich have all been way worse than Watson.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

robbie67 wrote:Stanton, Monfries, Dyson, Welsh, Houli, and Winderlich have all been way worse than Watson.
agree, the saddst thing is that this implies that 7 of our 22 have been absolutely f****** useless.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

He hasn't been too bad, there are plenty worse out there.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

That last effort by him was deplorable. I'm livid with him and many others for these half arse tackling attempts.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

MH_Bomber wrote:That last effort by him was deplorable. I'm livid with him and many others for these half arse tackling attempts.
how easy is it to avoid someone wearing a red & black jumper! I thought this was an area we had improved on - but we are as useless as statues when it comes to stopping an opponent.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

MH_Bomber wrote:That last effort by him was deplorable. I'm livid with him and many others for these half arse tackling attempts.
I'm livid at the fact he can't hit a f****** target to save himself. NO wonder he's handball happy. Oh well he's not alone.
Bombers till' I die
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

The Man from Bomberland wrote:
MH_Bomber wrote: Oh well he's not alone.
That's certainly true. We missed more targets today than the Hillbilly darts team.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Although Jobe hasn't been hitting targets as well as he did towards the end of last year, I think he's been a bit of a scapegoat.

When he gets the ball out of a pack he need support around so that he can dish it off. Didn't have much of that today, or for the last few weeks. We had plenty of passengers out there today. A few who play well for a quarter and go missing for the other three.

As already mentioned, our disposal in general was horrible.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

billyduckworth wrote:
The Man from Bomberland wrote:
MH_Bomber wrote: Oh well he's not alone.
That's certainly true. We missed more targets today than the Hillbilly darts team.
I said words to that effect but didnt say what you quoted -you said it MFBL. I think we agree in any case.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Jobe had many brothers in arms today who disposed of the pill terribly. Stanton, Slattery, Houli, Lovett, Welsh all murdered the bloody thing. It was the most inept performance from our smaller players as a whole since somewhere in 2006, i reckon.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Although his disposal can let him down, Jobe's effort in getting the ball can't be faulted. If the outside players don't work hard enough to make position, it makes it hard for Jobe to hit the target. This was the case on numerous occasions this afternoon.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

at least he got his hand on it. In our best three today - which says a lot really.
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

Stanton and Watson seem to always get a belting on here, yet they work the hardest and get most of the ball every week.

Granted they have not used the ball all that well, but next to none in the side have. If we had a better supporting cast of midfielders things would be alot different.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

nathanskinner wrote:Stanton and Watson seem to always get a belting on here, yet they work the hardest and get most of the ball every week.

Granted they have not used the ball all that well, but next to none in the side have. If we had a better supporting cast of midfielders things would be alot different.
Yep. There were occasions where Watto looked for the handball option when he should have kicked, but he put his body in, won the hardball, and fed it out more than anyone in our team. It shits me to tears that everyone loves belting this bloke while a bludging bastard like Monfries escapes scrutiny.
Essendunny
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

KaaN10 wrote:He's absolute shithouse.
30 touches with 80% effieciency says otherwise. Probably shouldn't post stupid things.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

boncer34 wrote:
30 touches with 80% effieciency says otherwise. Probably shouldn't post stupid things.
by KaaN10 on Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:53 pm

He improved later on.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

KaaN10 wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
by KaaN10 on Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:53 pm

He improved later on.
Clearly I was talking about myself KaaN. vingertje
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.