Watson

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Walda
Top Up Player

Watson

Post by Walda »

Im starting to get seriously worried about Jobe's disposal skill. Over the past few weeks, his clangers are really hurting us and his negatives are killing his positive influence on the game IMO.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Re: Watson

Post by billyduckworth »

Looks like he is struggling to adjust to the new "frantic pace" game plan.
But then he's by no means the only one!
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Watson should be one of the last of our boys that we should be bagging.

Yes he makes the odd blue, but so does every player.

Yesterday he never stopped trying and pretty much was the only one of our players who could get a clearance.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Watson, Laycock, Monfries and Johns should all be playing for Bendigo ATM. Unfortunately with Quinn's torture chamber full of bodies - there's nout left to replace them.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Yesterday we had 30 clearances (to Pies 37).

Jobe had 12. Pendlebury had 7. Our next best was 3.

If Jobe doesn't play - how will we ever get the ball?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

In a game during which our handballing was similar to my son's under 11 team, Jobe stood out like a beacon of class. By far and a away not our worse but sure, he has to keep working harder at his game.

You want a scapegoat on the pathetic disposal front, have a lok at Stantons first half
The Don
Top Up Player

Post by The Don »

Watson did his best with the shit that he was served up. When Laycock went into the ruck in the 2nd quarter typically he started doing useless things and started to tap the wrong way to the Collingwood on ballers instead of Jobe and the other on ballers, I definitely agree with Hop that Laycock should be in the Cupido's (reserves) at Bendigo.

Why does Jason Johnson have the smell of death about him at the moment. Apparently he is tearing it up in Bendigo yet cant get picked for our biggest game of the year. Having a youth policy is one thing, having a no ball possesion policy is another. If only for his in and under ball skills, JJ must be a certainty next week against Port.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

The game plan wil suit watson, but we actually need someone running past him helping him out. At the moment, all he is doing is getting into the pack, fetching the ball, coming up with the ball and looking to dish it out.

Not doing much? He needs help!
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

The Don wrote:Why does Jason Johnson have the smell of death about him at the moment. Apparently he is tearing it up in Bendigo yet cant get picked for our biggest game of the year. Having a youth policy is one thing, having a no ball possesion policy is another. If only for his in and under ball skills, JJ must be a certainty next week against Port.
Fair enough, you didn't see the Bendigo game today so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'd put it like this: if the quality of disposal by guys like Watson and Stanton is making you tear your hair out at the moment, watching JJ would turn you into a Mil Hanna lookalike within 15 minutes.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

I swear people struggle to watch the games sometimes. 30 touches, 80% efficiency. Clearly he played crap. :roll:
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

tonysoprano wrote:Yesterday we had 30 clearances (to Pies 37).

Jobe had 12. Pendlebury had 7. Our next best was 3.

If Jobe doesn't play - how will we ever get the ball?
Agree Big Tony. It's ridiculous what some supporters come up with...

Watson is our only in and under player. If he had a bit more support from the rest of the midfield we'd be much better off.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
The Don wrote:Why does Jason Johnson have the smell of death about him at the moment. Apparently he is tearing it up in Bendigo yet cant get picked for our biggest game of the year. Having a youth policy is one thing, having a no ball possesion policy is another. If only for his in and under ball skills, JJ must be a certainty next week against Port.
Fair enough, you didn't see the Bendigo game today so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'd put it like this: if the quality of disposal by guys like Watson and Stanton is making you tear your hair out at the moment, watching JJ would turn you into a Mil Hanna lookalike within 15 minutes.
Pisser!

Yes, JJ was pants. The ball was coming off his boot at roughly a 135 degree angle. If he was playing golf, there'd be nowhere safe to stand at the tee.