4 out the Door at Season's End

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

4 out the Door at Season's End

Post by bomberflyer »

To my way of thinking the following 4 should be shown the door at the end of the season. They frustrate me to know end:

1. Monfries - for a guy who looked so promising in his first year he is now rendered worthless. I would seek a trade to the Adelaide Crows at the end of the season. So, play him to try and build up his value (because at the moment it can't get any lower) and then offload him. He must have had 10-15 touches last night and turned it over 5-8 times. He goes to ground too often in the contest and is too slow to play in the midfield.

2. Dyson - he can't use the "I'm only young" tag any more. To me he is useless and not worth hanging onto. There are others worth developing that have been given less opportunity, and should be treated in the same way as Monfries.

3. Johns - OMG this guy is horrible. No future, especially down back. Tredrea made him look slow and Tredrea has a turning circle of the Queen Mary. Time to cut our losses.

4. Ramanauskas - whilst we all love Rama for what he has been through and he once was a good (but not great) player, Dermie wasn't too far off the mark. It was very average the way he gave his view through the media, but Rama would not get a game at any other club at the moment. I think he will be gone at season' end.
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
LND
Top Up Player

Re: 4 out the Door at Season's End

Post by LND »

Monfries- lacks confidence, still a very good footballer, just needs some confidence. He is busting his ass out there, but it is not happening for him.

Dyson- backs himself, willing to run straight and kick long....exactly what we need right now

Johns- Was ok last night, may improve

Rama- Give they guy a break, he has just come back from cancer...you don't regain everything you had after a year, to get where he is know is remarkable, he will only get fitter and stronger from here.

on the other hand

Stanton-lazy, lazy, lazy, lazy defensively, not guts, cheap possession winner
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Well, if you want to get rid of those 4, then you're looking at turning over an absolute minimum of 6 players, because Peverill and JJ are both certainties to retire/be delisted at the end of the year. On top of that, Fletcher may or may not go another year (probably depends on injury - can't imagine it'd be much fun having to deal with the chronic knee condition he's apparently got), and Michael came to the club with the intention of only playing until the end of this year (if i recall correctly). There's only so many players you can turn over at the end of any given season.

And by the way, Dyson won't get delisted, as he signed a new contract at the end of last season.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

And how's Andrew Lee travelling? He's been real value on our list.....
Essendunny
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

A lot to like about Monfries game yesterday. Still needs to do more.

Dyson look excellent at the start of the year with a quick team around him, is being shown up a bit now with his efforts.

CJ. Still holding out hope, but needs miraculous improvement.

Rama. I'd say he's been one of our better players and we will need his experience.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

Well in that case don't hold out us winning a flag in the next 10 years.
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

bomberflyer wrote:Well in that case don't hold out us winning a flag in the next 10 years.
What a ******* spoilt little whiny whinger you are. All your posts are about we are not this, we cant do that. Why dont you f*** off until you have something to contribute. You could always follow Richmond, you'd fit right in.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

robbie67 wrote:
bomberflyer wrote:Well in that case don't hold out us winning a flag in the next 10 years.
What a ******* spoilt little whiny whinger you are. All your posts are about we are not this, we cant do that. Why dont you f*** off until you have something to contribute. You could always follow Richmond, you'd fit right in.
haha told :lol: =D>
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

We have only played seven matches. This sort of rubbish can wait until the end of the season but during the season we should be supporting all the players.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

bomberflyer, you are a tough man to please.

1. Monfries, 24 possessions, yes three horrid turnovers, was in and under and had a go. Seems to not be his bubbly self and I reckon he might be a bit down in confidence. Still believe he'll be important to our list.

2. Dyson, I think is showing a fair bit of improvement and I think will get better because he knows the coach will give him a go. Dyson the last couple of years was up and down more than a whore's undies with Sheedy and now has some stability. Don't have any issue with Dyson.

3. Johns. Neagle's game last night might make things a bit hard for Johns and his time here. Only round 7 we'll have to see.

4. Rama's doing alright, in fact given what he's gone through he's an inspiration and has shown how tough he is and makes me bubble with pride he wears a red and black jumper. At present, definatley is earning his pay packet and he will know better than anyone if he can't cope anymore.

I have lost some love for Laycock but there's still time to prove us wrong. Cerainly as pointed out JJ and Peverill will be certain departures and Andrew Lee being indefinatley out injured will finish him off this year. JJ & Pev going will only give us more of a need to keep Dyson and Gus.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

robbie67 wrote:
Hahaha good on you Robbie, I wish I had the balls to blast people like that :roll: I really wanted to say the same thing. It shows who the real Essendon supporters are.
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

Just because someone isnt happy doesn't make them spoilt does it, And Robbie we will be lucky to make 9th in the coming years, in fact that would be an acheivement in my spoilt opinion...

And just a quick one for those who keep quoting stats, just because someone touches it 24 times does not make them great or worthy or anything for that matter, if he didnt touch it 24 times someone else would have racked up 24 touches. sooner or later someone is going to touch the ball for us, we do have 18 on the ground and some put in a position where they are going to get more of it than others so the law of averages says that a shithouse player is still a chance of getting his mits on the ball and when you play like we are at present where the hot potatoe gets passed quick and anywhere to anyone (under pressure or not) then you are likely to pick up 5 of those classy possesions in the space of 5m in the time frame of 30 seconds.
Here's to swimming with bow legged women...
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Stocksy wrote:Just because someone isnt happy doesn't make them spoilt does it, And Robbie we will be lucky to make 9th in the coming years, in fact that would be an acheivement in my spoilt opinion...

And just a quick one for those who keep quoting stats, just because someone touches it 24 times does not make them great or worthy or anything for that matter, if he didnt touch it 24 times someone else would have racked up 24 touches. sooner or later someone is going to touch the ball for us, we do have 18 on the ground and some put in a position where they are going to get more of it than others so the law of averages says that a shithouse player is still a chance of getting his mits on the ball and when you play like we are at present where the hot potatoe gets passed quick and anywhere to anyone (under pressure or not) then you are likely to pick up 5 of those classy possesions in the space of 5m in the time frame of 30 seconds.
Ever played footy Stocksy??

Getting 24 touches of the pill can barely be put down to just being on the ground. I agree that 24 touches does not make a champion but to say that a shithouse player would get that many touches is laughable
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

JumboPaddy wrote:
robbie67 wrote:
Hahaha good on you Robbie, I wish I had the balls to blast people like that :roll: I really wanted to say the same thing. It shows who the real Essendon supporters are.
Who are the real supporters?

Because someone is not happy they are no longer a supporter?

You wish you had the balls, its the net where people write opinions and dont even face there foe. Where are the balls in that?

Were a club with a great tradition and great supporter base, just like every club we have the jump on's the yeah we played on the weekend but I missed it what was the score, and you have the die hards. All who have (and are entitled to there opinion, all who are frustrated by different things, all who have different opinions with where we are, where the players are and where the coach is. Passion and frustration are dangerous and can lead to harsh opinions.
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

Yeah Donnie I have played (pretty sure we have been through that before somewhere :) )

Yeah shithouse was harsh, knew as soon as I posted that one someone would nail me, what I was getting at was that while 24 sounds good and looks good in the paper it really accounts for squat. What was done with all 24 of them (and hey I dont know, I walked out in disgust at 1/4 time) and this is not a direct shot at Monfries either he was just the example I grabbed where someone throws there support behind a player because he had 24 touches.

You shouldn't need to lookk at the stats column in the paper to see who has had a good game, and you dont need to touch it 24 times, infact they are pointless if those 24 have no impact on the game.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Stocksy wrote: Who are the real supporters?

You wish you had the balls, its the net where people write opinions and dont even face there foe. Where are the balls in that?

Were a club with a great tradition and great supporter base, just like every club we have the jump on's the yeah we played on the weekend but I missed it what was the score, and you have the die hards. All who have (and are entitled to there opinion, all who are frustrated by different things, all who have different opinions with where we are, where the players are and where the coach is. Passion and frustration are dangerous and can lead to harsh opinions.
My problem Stocksy is not with the guy having an opinion, but how about basing it on some ******* facts? I give the players who deserve it a blast just as much as anybody. but face some fkcing facts will you. The group we have on the field at the moment are babies for christ sake. We finished in the bottom four last year, and are without Lucas, Fletcher, McVeigh, Davey, and our last two first round draft picks either cant get on the park or played their first game this week, and on top of that our best player of the last 40 years retired. How do you think a player like Palmer would look with us at the moment? Do you think he would even touch the football? I guarentee you he would look just as bad as the guys we have running around at the moment.

This idiot is rubbishing Rama, and giving credit to a complete f***-wit like Brereton. Rama has had one poor game for the year, but because the team is not winning, then it's all over for him? Dyson the same. He is actually doing a lot of very good things at the moment, but they are going unnoticed, because we are getting belted. The he sprouts some bullshit, about other guys not getting oppotunities because these guys are playing. WELL f*** ME!! Do we have anyone on our list who is fit that is not getting a chance? Tell me......go on, name ******* 1!! Also could you tell me where this idiot is qualified to say we are fcked for the next 10 years? Did Robert Walls die, and this dick head replace him?

For fcks sake. I'm upset about our situation just as much as anyone, but one thing i will never do is give up on this club. Anyone who expects us to be going any better at the moment is either spoilt or a fool. In the case of Bomberflyer, I'm fairly sure it is both.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Stocksy wrote:
Who are the real supporters?

Fair call Stocksy, I give you that. I don't have the balls to say what I really think, I admit that and something I am trying to work on, but I'm just sick and tired of hearing such negativity and crap around this place, only from a minority but I have never seen one post of positivity from them thats all. There is nothing wrong with being frustrated about the team's current performances. I may come across as always optimistic but I am just like rest of you frustrated fans, I could write threads about sackings and how bad we are but I don't because I love this club too much to talk it down and bag our players, there is nothing to get out of it. My definition of a supporter is quite obvious as what the term means. To "support" your team through the great times and the tough times. Last night, I stayed right til the end of the game clapping and cheering our players on with every great mark, kick and tackle, right until the final siren because I am a supporter of them, to help try and lift their spirits, which was pretty low last night and I feel good as a "supporter"in doing that. To all those who left I am not implying that they aren't supporters either by the way, that's just not what I would do. That is my definition of a supporter. You may disagree but thats my opinion. By the way I agree with your last statement well said. :wink:
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Good post Rob.

Stocksy, Monfries did get 24 possessions but I would not have put him on our best player list because of the horrid turnovers he caused. So yes 24 touches doesn't make you a champ. I give him credit that he still had a go and managed to get 24 touches when he could have very well dropped his head after a mistake or two and ended up with 10.

But.......Monfries is what 20 or 21 and his entire time at Essendon has been where we have struggled with injury and being on the wrong part of the ladder. Let's be honest any young kid is going to find it tough if the club he's at is losing games more than what they're winning.

Although a few have Monfries on the trade table, I haven't lost faith in this kid and I think given he's played where he's best suited will be a very good EFC player. Yeah trade him and watch him after all the work we've done and watch him excel somewhere else and against us....no bloody way.

We'll be right, some time its got to get worse before it gets better.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

bomberflyer wrote:1. Monfries - for a guy who looked so promising in his first year he is now rendered worthless. I would seek a trade to the Adelaide Crows at the end of the season.
Absolute, bona-fide genius. Shall we employ you as the salesman for this trade or are you too busy with your Alaskan ice business?

Sit back, and have a think about the following points. Then decide whether or not you are an idiot:

1. Players that aren't doing particularly well at a poor club tend not to have a great deal of value in the open market.
2. Players that are picked up after the third round have very little chance of making it.

Now, given that you think that he is worthless at the moment, if we play him for the rest of the season there are two possible outcomes:

1. You start to think that he is not worthless.
2. You still think he is worthless.

If you think that he is not worthless you won't want to trade him. If you still think he is worthless then we're probably only going to get a fourth rounder for him.

Just remember... Monfries was picked up in the same draft as Neagle, Lonergan and Dempsey. Monfries: 57 games, Neagle: 2 games, Dempsey: 8 games, Lonergan: 5 games. I can name 20 odd games where I saw star quality in Monfries and about 10 where he was in our best players. I can't say the same about any of those other blokes. Hence, there is also a hell of a lot more video footage available of him for other teams to pick through, spot his weaknesses and exploit them.

And Ramanauskas? Get f*****. He looked great in rounds 1-3. Short memory. Wait until he's got a full season under his belt and you'll realise just how classy he is. Dermie says whatever is required to get him some coverage - comes from the Newman stable - if you're conceding 60-70 inside 50s there's not a backman in the world that will look good. Top 5 ball users at the club and cunning as a fox.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

JumboPaddy wrote: I don't have the balls to say what I really think, I admit that and something I am trying to work on

Jumbo, you dont owe anyone an apology. I had already read what you said to him in the other thread, and it was measured and reasoned. I just decided to put a fire cracker up his arse. Doesnt make you any lesser of a man.