Who's doing the coaching??

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
karmabomber
Top Up Player

Who's doing the coaching??

Post by karmabomber »

Over the past three weeks I've been positioned at games behind our interchange bench. Has anyone else noticed that neither the interchange players nor the players leaving the field seem to have any idea what's going on when they make a change. On many occasions a player will run to toward the interchange bench, stand on the boundary line waiting for someone to get off the pine and take his place! The interchange players regularly look at one another as if to say "who's turn is it" before someone gets up to go on the field....THEN.....as they run on, they turn around and say "where am I playing, who am I on??"

This has got to the laughable stage where clearly there is no strategy in place that is working and/or there is no communication between the coaches box and the bench! This is not isolated to any one player. I have counted at least eight of the team on any week (over the past 3 weeks) that look utterly confused about their role!

What gives Knighta? Attacking football, yes, strategies, no!!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Who's doing the coaching??

Post by BenDoolan »

Yeah I agree. Perhaps he should follow in a premiership coach footsteps and just let a 19th player on without interchanging him :roll:
Essendunny
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Re: Who's doing the coaching??

Post by nathanskinner »

What do people think of Adrian Hickmott? Never a good footballer, not even a smart one. Coach?