Andrew Embley

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
king_rasto
High Draft Pick

Andrew Embley

Post by king_rasto »

As loyal as I am to the Essendon football club, my favourite player does not rest at Windy Hill. He lives over in Western Australia and goes by the name of Andrew Embley.

I think Andrew Embley is one of the finest footballers to grace this game, with his speed and skills, and how he always sets up West Coast's goals. He is fearless and knows when to dish the ball off.

Embley is highy underrated in Victoria, and I feel is in the Eagle's top 5 players.

I'm not cheering on West Coast these finals. I'm Cheering on Andrew Embley!
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Don't know if he is 'one of the finest players to grace the game', but he's a solid goal kicking midfielder.

Him and Kerr will make the difference in a Eagles-Swans Grand Final IMO.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

I agree, he's a great player but tagging him one of the finest ever is a bit much.

I'd have to say Kerr is easily my favorite player for that side followed closely by Judd and then Embly but only Judd I would rate as a great of the game and even then only loosely until he follows it up with another 2 seasons like the last 2.

But For such a little guy who is not blessed with the god given physical advantages of Judd, Kerr has enourmous courage, grunt and poise and will alsways be just that little bit behind Judd and Cousins in votes despite being equally important to the sides fortunes.

As staggy mentioned above, I think the inclusion of Kerr and Embly as well as the eagles growing faith in Lynch as another forward target will get them the cup this year.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

To be totally honest West Coast can burn in hell for all I care.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

robrulz5 wrote:To be totally honest West Coast can burn in hell for all I care.
Love the sentiment and totally agree
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

count me in.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Staggy wrote:Don't know if he is 'one of the finest players to grace the game', but he's a solid goal kicking midfielder.

What, just like they did last year:?: :wink:
Your email suggests if your IQ is half mine you must have copied from someone else.
Bruce Francis response to Daniel Harford 13 Jan 2015
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Crazyman wrote:
Staggy wrote:Don't know if he is 'one of the finest players to grace the game', but he's a solid goal kicking midfielder.

What, just like they did last year:?: :wink:
Kerr went off injured in the first quarter last year. West Coast lost by less than a kick. You do the math.

Keep in mind also that Sydney beat West Coast by a point two weeks ago with Kerr, Embley and Hansen not playing.
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

However, you must also keep in mind that Sydney are going to waltz into the GF with a light gallop up in Sydney (come on Staggy, Freo are really puss if they kept Melbourne in the game for 3 quarters! :P ) whereas Adelaide and West Coast will have to go hell for leather at each other.

I hate to use the term, only when it doesn't relate to the EFC, but it's "back to back" for Sydney :(
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

Great front runner I reckon. Looks a million bucks when the side's up and running.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

will he be "shouting " the beers if they win ???.
king_rasto
High Draft Pick

Post by king_rasto »

I wonder if anyone remembers him in last years grand final. How he lifted the team just before half time, with some great inside 50s and a beautiful goal :). Sparked West Coast back to life!
king_rasto
High Draft Pick

Post by king_rasto »

How good was he this afternoon!
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

I quite like Embley. Bit of an unsung "hero" (for lack of a better word) over at WCE. Doesn't have the same profile of a Judd or a Cousins but for a long time has been a key to their midfield and a thorn up forward for quite a few sides.

Personally, I think Lynch will be the difference for WCE. He wasn't there last year in the Prelim or the GF. He provided a much needed target for WCE against Adelaide and I think he'll do it again on Saturday.
topdon
Club Captain

Post by topdon »

Embly is one of the biggest front-runners in the game! The other is his teammate ... Chad Fletcher.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

topdon wrote:Embly is one of the biggest front-runners in the game! The other is his teammate ... Chad Fletcher.
One of the most over-rated players in teh game. Gets 30 touches and turns over about 60% of them.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

KR ... your boy got the NSM. PLayed a top game, although took a while to get into it. Racked up possessions almost under the radar and then chipped in with some excellent goals. Great mark on the last line deep in the last quarter was another key moment that helped WCE win the flag. A point there would have seen us back next week. He went where he was needed and did a great job.
king_rasto
High Draft Pick

Post by king_rasto »

Go Embley!
What a star!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Billy Duckworth did the right thing and kept it very short and sweet.

Does anyone know what he's doing with himself these days? He looked like he couldn't lift his arms above his head to place the medal around Embley's neck. Does he have chronic shoulder problems?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote:Billy Duckworth did the right thing and kept it very short and sweet.

Does anyone know what he's doing with himself these days? He looked like he couldn't lift his arms above his head to place the medal around Embley's neck. Does he have chronic shoulder problems?
Last I heard (when Essendon played in WA last time) was that Billy was seriously ill. However, I don't know what with.