Trade Lloydy - Even I wouldn't go that far!!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Chris
Top Up Player

Re: Trade Lloydy - Even I wouldn't go that far!!!

Post by Chris »

Doctor Fish wrote:There's been a shiteload of goofy posts around here lately...
No more goofy than the last half against Sydney #-o
bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons »

I'd trade him if we could, but i don't think he'd be worth much anymore. He still could be a good player for another team, but he is wasting away with the delivery we are providing him. Would we get a 2nd round pick for him and would we take it? Methinks we will hold onto him as he has been a club champion and we would rather see him play crap football for us and get nothing from other clubs, than trade him and see kick 100+ goals with great delivery and structure from another team.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Guys Guys Guys, You are missing the whole point... People are Not saying Trade Lloydy I don't think so anyway...Just the stupid media!!!
Being a Captain Is Not just about kicking goals... It is about Leadership... It is about inspiring the young Baby Bombers and the older Bombers -Come On Stick it up em!!!

His Leadership has been seriously missing Probably mainly due to being a one dimensional player - Forward... When he tries to go up the ground it is to No avail...He isn't able to mingle with the other players during the game eg. Hirdy could play all ends of the ground... This is what made him a Great Captain... Yes the delivery has been crap to him - Not kicking many goals...

All I am saying is that You must be born to be a Leader and Lloydy IS NOT at this present point of time anyway...

Maybe the game has caught up with him... He doesn't keep his feet - Goes to ground far to easy and as for against the Swans refused to chase a couple of times at least...

Maybe that will turn around but What example does that set for the others... Think about it... This Guy is a very very good forward and should be left to do just that... Far too much pressure on him to sway from what he does best...(My opinion)

The Guys are trying their little hearts out but they need an inspiration at all ends of the ground Hille for mine or Mcveigh...
Chris
Top Up Player

Post by Chris »

bpdons wrote:I'd trade him if we could, but i don't think he'd be worth much anymore. He still could be a good player for another team, but he is wasting away with the delivery we are providing him. Would we get a 2nd round pick for him and would we take it? Methinks we will hold onto him as he has been a club champion and we would rather see him play crap football for us and get nothing from other clubs, than trade him and see kick 100+ goals with great delivery and structure from another team.
Maybe im a poor supporter, but If he will never kick 100 for us again because of our rebuilding midfield then id rather see him kick 100 for someone else and finish his career on a high than have him be put down as a 'has been' for 3 years when in reality its the team that is a 'has been' and the forwards that suffer the most due to lack of quality supply.