Been a couple of years

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
onzman
Regular Senior Player

Been a couple of years

Post by onzman »

since i last posted a comment. May be a couple more before I do so again.

Whoever jagged the coaching gig at Essendon was f***** from the beginning, however as panicked as I was when I heard Damien Hardwick's name thrown in the mix, I simply shit myself when Matthew Knights was appointed. What is it with Essendon? Scared of moving forward? Until this club dispenses totally with anyone and anything associated with the past 20 years and has a complete cleanout of the entire department, they are going nowhere.

Game plan? Hahahahhhaaaaa. Injuries? Yep, we need an excuse. Time to develop? Hahhaahhaaaa. Youngsters? Hahahahahhaa. Yeah, Daniher, Gumbleton, Neagle, Hahahahahaaa, why not throw Johns in there as well. Get real, we have no youngsters that will ever get a game anywhere but Essendon. Poor recruitment, no accountability, poor management, and above all else, NO f****** TESTICLES AT ESSENDON.

Now, feel free to abuse me, scorn me, tell me Im not a true supporter, tell me I'm an idiot, tell me I should support Richmond etc etc.

Just do me the courtesy of re visiting this post in another 2 years.

When we are STILL f***** and STILL coming up with the same bullshit excuses.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Been a couple of years

Post by Jazz_84 »

Nope i totally agree with you there Onz, we wont be anywhere higher then 12th for the next 3-4 years at best

our "kids" will develop and then we will loose Lloyd, Lucas and Fletcher and oh look at that we are f***** once again!!

looks to be one hell of a vicious cycle
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

go watch a tape of round 1 again. When tails are up, this club can play great football.

all our problems are between our ears.

confidence is shot....and its no wonder.
onzman
Regular Senior Player

Post by onzman »

Hey Jazz, long time.
Nah, just had enough. Log in every week, have a read, just never had anything to say for a while.
And Tom, great football against who? North? Come on buddy get real.
The real dissapointment is there is just no heart there anymore. And if nothing else that's something the bombers have always have - A big heart, a never say die attitude.

Now, if we're being honest (and please dont use injuries as an excuse) we have nothing.........
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

tom9779 wrote:go watch a tape of round 1 again. When tails are up, this club can play great football.

all our problems are between our ears.

confidence is shot....and its no wonder.
I'm sorry everybody but I think Tom has hit the nail on the head - confidence is absolutely shot. There is no way we can beat Norf by 55 f***'n points and then become this bad. Just hope the younger players don't drop their heads because of the lack of inspiration by any of our senior players. But I agree that we will be on the bottom half (forget half, eighth will probably be closer to the truth) of the ladder for a long time. So take a seat gentlemen for what will be a very bumpy ride - all the more sweeter when we get to the top I suppose. One thing that absolutely shits me is that every year we hear about how Essendon has been tearing it up in the pre-season - I've learnt my mistake, I ain't believing the hype ever again. How many times did we hear about Bolton's record times around the Tan ffs - every year he would disappoint - no different from Essendon. We're the laughing stock of the competition.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

onzman wrote:since i last posted a comment. May be a couple more before I do so again.

Whoever jagged the coaching gig at Essendon was f***** from the beginning, however as panicked as I was when I heard Damien Hardwick's name thrown in the mix, I simply shit myself when Matthew Knights was appointed. What is it with Essendon? Scared of moving forward? Until this club dispenses totally with anyone and anything associated with the past 20 years and has a complete cleanout of the entire department, they are going nowhere.

Game plan? Hahahahhhaaaaa. Injuries? Yep, we need an excuse. Time to develop? Hahhaahhaaaa. Youngsters? Hahahahahhaa. Yeah, Daniher, Gumbleton, Neagle, Hahahahahaaa, why not throw Johns in there as well. Get real, we have no youngsters that will ever get a game anywhere but Essendon. Poor recruitment, no accountability, poor management, and above all else, NO f****** TESTICLES AT ESSENDON.

Now, feel free to abuse me, scorn me, tell me Im not a true supporter, tell me I'm an idiot, tell me I should support Richmond etc etc.

Just do me the courtesy of re visiting this post in another 2 years.

When we are STILL f***** and STILL coming up with the same bullshit excuses.

No problems mate, catch you in 2 years time. Take a Bex and have a nice rest.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Hey Onz, it's been a while hey.

Still in the Real Estate game?
onzman
Regular Senior Player

Post by onzman »

dom_105 wrote:Hey Onz, it's been a while hey.

Still in the Real Estate game?
Hi dom, sure am. Still with Ray White - probably end up dying with them :)

Was happy with a change of coach as I thought it might bring some new ideas, plans, goals etc but not happy with the one they selected. Not his fault we have a shit team, but i cant see what he is going to do to rectify things in the next few years. He looks lost and out of ideas already.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

[quote="onzman" He looks lost and out of ideas already.[/quote]

Interesting comment. I couldn't help noticing last night the huge number of bizarre positional moves e.g. Nash on Richo at one stage, Reimers at CHB, Neagle & Lloyd in goalsquare and no CHF at all, then next minute Slattery at full back, McPhee on a wing. It kept changing every 1-2 minutes.

Now it all depends on how you look at it:

(1) POSITIVE THINKER:
Knights is trying his hardest to get the match ups right, not afraid to experiment.

(2) NEGATIVE THINKER:
Knights has run out of ideas, has no idea what he is doing.

I really don't know which one of these two views I hold. Maybe it's still too early to tell.