ins for adelaide?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tom9779
Club Captain

ins for adelaide?

Post by tom9779 »

IN: Lucas, Michael, Rama, Laycock.
Out: Jetta, Daniher, NLM, Myers.

?

Lucas is undergoing fitness tests, if he is right he should play. Give him a run in the ones even if he only plays half a match. May as well run back into footy shape.
Laycock - from all reports had a reasonable game down at bendigo, and I don;t want to see Ryder in the ruck - waste.
Michael, experience desperately needed in the backline.
Rama - same reason as laycock, i heard he played ok in the twos...got a few touches.

thoughts?

It will be a tough match, i'd rather see some experience in this one especially away from home.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: ins for adelaide?

Post by Crazyman »

tom9779 wrote:
thoughts?
Sorry, going to be pessimisstic this time...doesn't matter who is in the side atm, the way we are playing, we will be lucky to get within 80 points over there :(

I would rather Bellchambers be given a run that Lazycock
Lucas should be straight back if he passes fitness tests, but with our medical department, I would rather he had an extra week or two off cause it won't make a difference on the season anyway...
Michael, may be worthwhile bringing back in...if nothing else, he provides a strong body down back...
Rama, I think he needs another week or two in the Magoos, but then again, there are plenty of players in that position atm...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Has Bachar Houli been banished? He'd be a cert inclusion this week. I'd consider bringing back Mal, Rama and maybe Pears this week also. So,

In: Houli, Michael, Ramanauskas, Pears (or Bellchambers to allow Ryder to play in defence)

Out: Monfries, Jetta, NLM, Daniher (just to give him some useful game time at Bendigo for a week or two).
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Who would big Mal play on?
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

BenDoolan wrote:Has Bachar Houli been banished? He'd be a cert inclusion this week. I'd consider bringing back Mal, Rama and maybe Pears this week also. So,

In: Houli, Michael, Ramanauskas, Pears (or Bellchambers to allow Ryder to play in defence)

Out: Monfries, Jetta, NLM, Daniher (just to give him some useful game time at Bendigo for a week or two).

Houli is crook with a virus if fit then yes.
(in that case)
IN Houli, Michael, Lucas, Laycock.

IMO Laycock must play. With a private ultimatum with the coach, stand up this season or leave at the end of it.
So throw him the opportunities... plus any good games he puts in ups his value if a trade is sought.

from what I have heard Bellchambers is not ready for senior footy. Perhaps some BTers from bendigo or get to the games can give a bit of a status on him??
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Yippee - Adelaide on the rebound; hope this one gets the R rating that the Richmond game deserved for all Essendon supporters watching.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

tom9779 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Has Bachar Houli been banished? He'd be a cert inclusion this week. I'd consider bringing back Mal, Rama and maybe Pears this week also. So,

Houli is crook with a virus if fit then yes.
(in that case)
IN Houli, Michael, Lucas, Laycock.

IMO Laycock must play. With a private ultimatum with the coach, stand up this season or leave at the end of it.
So throw him the opportunities... plus any good games he puts in ups his value if a trade is sought.

from what I have heard Bellchambers is not ready for senior footy. Perhaps some BTers from bendigo or get to the games can give a bit of a status on him??
Both Laycock and Bellchambers were good yesterday Tom. We currently have a few kids running around in the seniors that aren't really ready for senior footy, so I don't see what harm giving one more a go will do. He's not huge bodied, but as I've stated elsewhere knows the basics of good ruckwork. I'd give him a taste of senior footy and see how he goes, just maybe not over at Adelaide though...

Mal had a porker. Was put in the middle to get a few possessions in the dying minutes. Looked like he's carrying an injury to me.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

robrulz5 wrote:Who would big Mal play on?
Mal on Tippett, Ryder on Burton, Fletcher loose across the half back line.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I want to be totally convinced that Laycock is a dud. I have seen enough when he is "on" to believe that there is some great talent there. How Knights manages to bring it to the surface will be the test. I agree that he should be played. let's face it. He has got some mates when it comes to not putting in.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

In: Houli, Rama, Bellchambers
Out: Jetta, Daniher, Lonergan

Perfect game to reward Bellchambers with a run as the Adelaide rucks (Maric and some other bugger whose name escapes me) are crap. I don't think Lonergan has been bad, he just needs to get his hands on the ball a bit in the twos and build up some confidence. I figure play Myers for the rest of the year to get some games into him - he seems to hold his own at this level.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

OUT: Lovett, Jetta, Lovett-Murray, Myers or Daniher *** and orange boots, blue boots

In : Houli, Lucas, Michael,Bellchambers, black boots

Whilst there were many insipid performance in the first half we will need bigger bodies to deal with Adelaides bulky muscled up body types. *** only to give them respite in the 2's.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

MH_Bomber wrote:OUT: Lovett, Jetta, Lovett-Murray, Myers or Daniher *** and orange boots, blue boots

In : Houli, Lucas, Michael,Bellchambers, black boots

Whilst there were many insipid performance in the first half we will need bigger bodies to deal with Adelaides bulky muscled up body types. *** only to give them respite in the 2's.

You look at that, and the aboriginal contingent didn't exactly fire in the dreamtime eh.

Stick with Lovett, changed my mind keep Jetta, I'd put them in either forward pocket. NLM first game back from suspension as with McPhee. They were both disappointing and should be out to prove themselves as senior players this week.

My team(and it is close to its best on paper(although that paper is being re-written as crap very quickly at the moment) if Lucas is back in)

B: Welsh, Michael ,Reimers
HB: NLM, Ryder, Fletcher
C: Stanton Watson Houli
HF: McPhee Neagle Lucas
F: Lovett, Lloyd, Jetta
R: Hille McVeigh, Hislop
INT (from): Monfries,Laycock, Winderlich,Nash,Rama
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Apparently Knights said at a press conference this morning that Laycock and Michael will not be coming back into the team. Michael out for 2 weeks in a row = tanking, in my opinion of course, but i'm not fussed as long as a guy like Pears gets a go.
http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/l ... 90331.html
Essendon star Scott Lucas looks set to be rushed into the struggling Bombers' side for their AFL clash with Adelaide at AAMI Stadium on Friday night.

Lucas hasn't played since round one, when he damaged knee ligaments in the win over North Melbourne.

Bombers coach Matthew Knights said Lucas was almost certain to be named in his side's 22 to play the Crows.

Knights said a final decision would be made tomorrow.

"If he comes through training and is tight or sore tomorrow, we won't play him. If he isn't then he'll play," Knights said.

But Knights said there would be no reprieve for veteran fullback Mal Michael and ruckman Jason Laycock, both banished to the reserves ahead of the loss to Richmond last weekend.

The Bombers have been in dire form, winning just two of nine games this season and losing their past six - with an average losing margin of more than 10 goals.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Lucas if not risking further is a MASSIVE in. Creates goals out of nothing and will spread the defense!