All out Attack V Adelaide

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Walda
Top Up Player

All out Attack V Adelaide

Post by Walda »

Todays herald sun article that Essendon should go for all out attack, just confirms what a IDIOT Knights is.
I thought he did a Sh!t hose job as Bendigo coach. (only got to the finals beause they finished 8th in a 12 team comp).
Lost the final by 30+ points after being in front at half time by 50+.
I defy anybody to spot the different game style between that final and Last weeks game.
Promised us that Defense and skills were his main priority - Delivered NOTHING in fact have gone backwards.
Says he's coaching for the future - to get the first draft pick
I tipped Essendon to lose by 40pts (before i read this article) changing it to 140 points.
I fear he is piloting the bomber plane towards Utopia, with little fuel.
In the end no matter how strong the plane is when it runs out of fuel, its just a 10 ton Brick.
He has an unshakeable belief in his game plan and doesnt care at what cost.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: All out Attack V Adelaide

Post by BenDoolan »

And you suggest we should......
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Just to save you time Walda the word 'shit' is not censored
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

I like the cut of your jib Walda.

For Adelaide it will simply be a matter of sticking numbers behind the ball and then swooping forwards in droves.

I've got a feeling Knights is going to turn out to be a dud.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

BenDoolan wrote:And you suggest we should......
go man on man for a quarter or two; kick instead of handpass; lead instead of standing still; land tackles; and give everything we have at every contest.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

also...we are currently ranked 14th in pts for in the league - are we even capable of "all out attack"?
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Walda wrote:Todays herald sun article that Essendon should go for all out attack, just confirms what a IDIOT Knights is.
I thought he did a Sh!t hose job as Bendigo coach. (only got to the finals beause they finished 8th in a 12 team comp).
I defy anybody to spot the different game style between that final and Last weeks game.
Promised us that Defense and skills were his main priority - Delivered NOTHING in fact have gone backwards.
I tipped Essendon to lose by 40pts (before i read this article) changing it to 140 points.
In the end no matter how strong the plane is when it runs out of fuel, its just a 10 ton Brick.
Christ, we may as well chuck it it now and not even turn up.

It has been said countless times already. It is too early to make a judgement on Knights. He has put a strategy together. He will live or die by it. We are only half way through the first act. It must be reassuring to know that he has such valued and steadfast support behind him and the team as shown by several supporters
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

rockhole wrote:
Walda wrote:Todays herald sun article that Essendon should go for all out attack, just confirms what a IDIOT Knights is.
Christ, we may as well chuck it it now and not even turn up.

It has been said countless times already. It is too early to make a judgement on Knights. He has put a strategy together. He will live or die by it. We are only half way through the first act. It must be reassuring to know that he has such valued and steadfast support behind him and the team as shown by several supporters
The COWS cannot double team both Lloyd and Lucas.

I'm tipping we will kick a lot more goals.

however. I am very worried about McLeod. As one poster already has said...slotting him straight into the supercoach/dreamteam this week.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tonysoprano wrote:
go man on man for a quarter or two; kick instead of handpass; lead instead of standing still; land tackles; and give everything we have at every contest.
Right, and when the players are totally F****** incompetent of doing these things, then what?
Essendunny
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:
Right, and when the players are totally F****** incompetent of doing these things, then what?
[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

BenDoolan wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:
Delist them. If they can't do the basics what hope have they got? That's the stuff you learn in junior footy.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Boyler_Room wrote: Delist them. If they can't do the basics what hope have they got? That's the stuff you learn in junior footy.
So you want to delist Reimers, Houli, Daniher, Myers, Jetta, Pears, Lonergan, Hislop, Neagle? 8 of these guys have been selected in one team every week, and most of them have deficiencies in those areas simply because they haven't developed yet or are not strong enough.

Guys who have been around for 3 or 4 seasons need to grow up or f*** off. Blokes like Monfries.
Essendunny
onzman
Regular Senior Player

Post by onzman »

Kick more than 10 goals for a game of footy would be a start.....
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

onzman wrote:
Wouldn't mind seeing that in one quarter!
Essendunny
onzman
Regular Senior Player

Post by onzman »

BenDoolan wrote:
onzman wrote:
Wouldn't mind seeing that in one quarter!
The worst part is, I'm actually deluded enough to believe that's possible. When they are going, they're unstoppable.
Problem is it happens for a 10 minute burst per game and that's it.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

BenDoolan wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:
i thought last tonight showed we are capable of the things i listed - i don't believe that under knights the players have been given the opportunity to show it.

hopefully knights will learn from last night - and realise he can incorporate a more complete strategy earlier than he planned for this teams development.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tonysoprano wrote: i thought last tonight showed we are capable of the things i listed - i don't believe that under knights the players have been given the opportunity to show it.

hopefully knights will learn from last night - and realise he can incorporate a more complete strategy earlier than he planned for this teams development.
Do you think Knights has been telling them not to chase, not to tackle, not to be accountable? If so, why the F****** hell is Gary O'Donnell there for? It was the players attitude that made the difference last night, not any magical Knights "strategy".
Essendunny
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

BenDoolan wrote:
tonysoprano wrote: i thought last tonight showed we are capable of the things i listed - i don't believe that under knights the players have been given the opportunity to show it.

Do you think Knights has been telling them not to chase, not to tackle, not to be accountable? If so, why the F****** hell is Gary O'Donnell there for? It was the players attitude that made the difference last night, not any magical Knights "strategy".
kind of.

i think he has previously telling them to run forward of the play, create, take risks etc.

if he had been telling them do chase, tackle, be accountable etc - then why for at least 5 of our 10 matches have we done nothing of the sort?

maybe he's not speaking loud enough?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tonysoprano wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

kind of.

i think he has previously telling them to run forward of the play, create, take risks etc.

if he had been telling them do chase, tackle, be accountable etc - then why for at least 5 of our 10 matches have we done nothing of the sort?

maybe he's not speaking loud enough?
There might be something in that. Last week he was absolutely fed up with their crud. He let em have it right between the eyes. He was unrelenting in his berating. They obviously heard him this time.
Essendunny
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

tonysoprano wrote:hopefully knights will learn from last night - and realise he can incorporate a more complete strategy earlier than he planned for this teams development.
Agree. Although I still think you learn to crawl before you can walk (let alone run). Accountable football comes before defensive football comes before attacking football. You'll learn far more about performing under pressure (the stated goal) that way.