Jason Johnson Injured

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
The Don
Top Up Player

Jason Johnson Injured

Post by The Don »

I was just reading this on the Herald Sun Website :( , I really hope he gets another shot at Seniors....

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 64,00.html

It may be over for Don
Tony Sheahan | June 01, 2008 12:00am

JASON Johnson may have played his last game for Essendon, with a torn calf expected to keep him out of action for at least a month. Johnson sustained the injury during a training drill at Windy Hill nine days ago.

"He will certainly miss the next month. It's a four-to-five week injury," football manager David Calthorpe said yesterday.

"It's a real setback for him as he was on the verge of senior call-up."

But the club was quick to douse any speculation the 30-year-old midfielder would not play again.

"His career is definitely not finished," Calthorpe said. "He's all right; he's in good spirits."

The two-time Crichton medallist has managed only two senior games this year after coach Matthew Knights spelt out that he and teammate Damian Peverill would struggle for a senior recall under the club's new youth policy.

Calthorpe believed Johnson could regain his spot in the team.

"He'll still be considered (for senior selection). He won't come straight back in, but he'll do his rehab and then he'll be in line for selection," Calthorpe said.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Re: Jason Johnson Injured

Post by sconsey »

Another 12 weeks left in the season. He is only out for possibly 5 weeks. We will see him play again. Definitely deserves a send off game. Has been such a champion for this club.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Will be very very surprise (and disappointed) if he wasn't at least given one last game as a send off.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Rossoneri wrote:Will be very very surprise (and disappointed) if he wasn't at least given one last game as a send off.
I concur. Season's well and truly gone, finals are out of the question, so there shouldn't be any objections to giving him a send-off game.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Absolutely - deserves to be sent off in style - dual B&F winner and a true Essendon great.

What is disturbing though is that he tore his calf muscle. A soft tissue training incident - unheard of at our club - we better kep an eye on this. :roll:
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Will be very very surprise (and disappointed) if he wasn't at least given one last game as a send off.
I concur. Season's well and truly gone, finals are out of the question, so there shouldn't be any objections to giving him a send-off game.
And if Knights doesnt play him one last time, alot of Essendon supporters will want his head for another reason. Is our round 22 games against St Kilda a home game? If so, he must play unless he is injured.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

I still think we'll see JJ and Pev given at least a few games if not more in the last 8 weeks of the season.

We've all seen in previous years how young lists at clubs like St Kilda and Geelong ran out of gas as the year wore on, and well...if we're already getting belted fairly often now, without the older guys help the end of the year could get very messy indeed.

Definitely need the older guys to give their all in the latter half of the year, even if their all isn't what it used to be.