Hawks Game Thread

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Re: Hawks Game Thread

Post by Boyler_Room »

Tayte Pears brings about a small element of justice after Taylor runs through the mark on the wing going to the interchange gate. Pears kicks the goal from 45.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Great mark from Ryder. Even with a pushout from Franklin (that wasn't going to be paid).

Lovett runs off the back flank and kicks into the corridor and straight to Hodge (I think?). Franklin gets it back and misses. Thankfully.

Our skills have deteriorated and the frees aren't going our way. We balls it up again and now Rioli islining up again. Lovett stuffed up the handball which landed at Stanton's feet and we're gone.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Been lots of 50m penalties given away tonight.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Young goals. Lewis is carving us up now. They are chopping everything off in our midfield and sending it straight back down their forwards' throat. Lloyd may as well go shower now. He won't be needed for the next 15mins or so. Lucas could join him.

Longergan gives Bateman a corkie. Good. Should have done it half an hour ago. We might still be in this game.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Post by The Fly »

Its starting to fall apart now. I just hope we can hang on before it becomes a big blowout. We've not come out to play after half-time and indecisiveness has taken over.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Fletcher could be injured. Copped a hard knock.

I don't know how we've balls that F50 entry up. Somehow we've niggled Lewis into giving away a reversal and Reimers lining up... goal!

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Roughead misses.

We need to just get the run back and the overlap. Instead we turn the ball over, Fletcher effects the ... forget it.

Roughead lining up again.

Fletcher off and straight up the race. He's done. I'd say he's out for 3 - 4 weeks. Roughead kicks #4

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Post by The Fly »

Boyler_Room wrote:Fletcher could be injured. Copped a hard knock.

I don't know how we've balls that F50 entry up. Somehow we've niggled Lewis into giving away a reversal and Reimers lining up... goal!
He's struggling to run. Bet he has a cracked rib, so he'll be out for a few weeks.
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Post by The Fly »

test
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

not watching the game as all we have is the f****** eagles game on here in perth - so apparaently nothing else exists but can someone tell me if we have any defensive strategy whatsoever? 33 shots to 19 with about 10 mins to play? Come on boys!
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

YOU ARE JOKING! Threw it up with one hand? He was tackled as soon as he got the ball and brought to ground. It should have been a bounce... otherwise in the back. We are being raped.

Why am I still watching this tripe?

Lloyd at CHB.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

tonysoprano wrote:not watching the game as all we have is the f****** eagles game on here in perth - so apparaently nothing else exists but can someone tell me if we have any defensive strategy whatsoever? 33 shots to 19 with about 10 mins to play? Come on boys!
Lovely weather here today, eh Tony (as you said, only the weagles on TV and I can't watch it as my wife is an eagles supporter and drives me crazy when she watches them)
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Fletch went off, that's all we know for sure. They're suspecting cracked ribs.

Lets hope it's just bruised and he's right.

Tony, whats teh scores for the Eagles game?
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

tonysoprano wrote:not watching the game as all we have is the f****** eagles game on here in perth - so apparaently nothing else exists but can someone tell me if we have any defensive strategy whatsoever? 33 shots to 19 with about 10 mins to play? Come on boys!
Not so much our defesive strategy that's hurting us. It's the midfield, as always. We're being carved up whenever we come out of defence and because our boys are streaming out of defence, when the ball is turned over (on the next kick/handball) their man is open and BANG! Goal.

It's fricken annoying. They're clogging us up in the midfield when we're at half back and we're chipping around without a clue until the inevitable happens.

McVeigh got sucked in just then. I'm disappointed. We've totally lost our way.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Megan wrote:Fletch went off, that's all we know for sure. They're suspecting cracked ribs.

Lets hope it's just bruised and he's right.

Tony, whats teh scores for the Eagles game?
Turning into a typical Eagles V Sydney contest. WCE 65 V Sydney 46 (Wirrpanda just goaled)
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Franklin about to kick #9.

Sick of watching this crap.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Can we keep it under 10 goals [-o<
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Post by The Fly »

Why in the name of God does Paddy Ryder insist on standing a step behind his opponent? The ball is being deivered to Buddy lace up and Ryder doesn't stand a chance when he's starting a metre behind.

And what's pissing me off even more is that almost every time I post I get this: "At least one new post has been made to this topic. You may wish to review your post in light of this." Mod's, wft is going on!? It is becoming ridiculous.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

eagles up by 3 goals early in the last.

yes swoodley - beautiful day to be outdoors - my 2.75 year old started to ride her bike with trainer wheels today - awesom stuff.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

The Fly wrote:Why in the name of God does Paddy Ryder insist on standing a step behind his opponent? The ball is being deivered to Buddy lace up and Ryder doesn't stand a chance when he's starting a metre behind.

And what's pissing me off even more is that almost every time I post I get this: "At least one new post has been made to this topic. You may wish to review your post in light of this." Mod's, wft is going on!? It is becoming ridiculous.
I think it's just a standard message that comes up when someone has entered a new post whilst you were typing up yours. I've got the same message several times tonight.