Hawks Game Thread

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Re: Hawks Game Thread

Post by Boyler_Room »

Do these umpires actually know the rules? You fricken morons! Whatever happened to holding the man? Monfries held without it for an eternity... playon. Franklin misses at the other end. Should have goaled. We're lucky.

Siren. Lose by 51 poiints
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Not so much our defence but f****** Franklin is carving us up.

Swans better get a wiggle on for me. I have 100% correct tips thus far and the exact point margin.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

tonysoprano wrote:eagles up by 3 goals early in the last.

yes swoodley - beautiful day to be outdoors - my 2.75 year old started to ride her bike with trainer wheels today - awesom stuff.
I played golf this morning...it was magnificent out on the course....sunshine and no wind at all.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

tonysoprano wrote:eagles up by 3 goals early in the last.

yes swoodley - beautiful day to be outdoors - my 2.75 year old started to ride her bike with trainer wheels today - awesom stuff.
That's always fun. I love seeing my kids having a crack at the bike, especially my son who's just turned 4 without the training wheels.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Megan wrote:Not so much our defence but f****** Franklin is carving us up.

Swans better get a wiggle on for me. I have 100% correct tips thus far and the exact point margin.
Sydney goal and it's back to 13 points with 14 minutes left on the clock.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Megan wrote:Not so much our defence but f****** Franklin is carving us up.

I dare say if Lloyd were getting the same supply as Franklin got tonight, he'd have kicked 10 too. (Well I know Franklin kicked 9.5 but anyway).

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Post by The Fly »

swoodley wrote:
The Fly wrote:Why in the name of God does Paddy Ryder insist on standing a step behind his opponent? The ball is being deivered to Buddy lace up and Ryder doesn't stand a chance when he's starting a metre behind.

And what's pissing me off even more is that almost every time I post I get this: "At least one new post has been made to this topic. You may wish to review your post in light of this." Mod's, wft is going on!? It is becoming ridiculous.
I think it's just a standard message that comes up when someone has entered a new post whilst you were typing up yours. I've got the same message several times tonight.
Well I'm in no mood for it right now, and getting worse every time it happens... Can't something be done to fix the problem? I've never encountered it anywhere but here.

And wtf is Steve Quartermain on about? Ryder got a hand to it and he says: "You've got to pay those". If you can't put your bias away in the commentary box, then f*ck off out of it.

And my bloody beer is all gone.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

I haven't really rated Franklin in the past, but he was the difference tonight. He single handedly kept Hawthorn in the game in the first half. Hawthorn's midfield got their game together in the second half, conversely our midfield completely fell apart. The result? 51 point belting after being within 7 points at Half time.

Utterly frustrating and bitterly disappointing. I'm extremely annoyed at the fact that we continually see these efforts. Could we play an entire 4 quarters of football JUST ONCE? For crying out loud.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Was the ball wet tonight indoors or were we just useless at grabbing the ball cleanly? Everytime we handballed, went for a mark, etc we couldn't take clean possession. We fumbled constantly which cost us set shots alot and resulted in turnovers through the middle consistently. Mofries was the worst offender early but then McPhee, Houli, Winderlich, NLM, Lovett and I could go on, all fumbled the ball the ball which allowed an opponent to run them down and cause a turnover, usually when we were in the clear and would have had a run on.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Sydney hit the front at the 32 minute mark (1st time for the game) and with 1.32 left on the clock. Nothing else happens of significance and they win by 5 points.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

The Fly wrote:Why in the name of God does Paddy Ryder insist on standing a step behind his opponent? The ball is being deivered to Buddy lace up and Ryder doesn't stand a chance when he's starting a metre behind.
Well I don't think he has much choice, if he stands in front of him then they will just kick it over him into the space. Should be playing a spare man in defence in front of Franklin.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Bomber_Fan wrote:
Well I don't think he has much choice, if he stands in front of him then they will just kick it over him into the space. Should be playing a spare man in defence in front of Franklin.
Lloyd seemed to have more than one opponent for majority... yet we couldn't do the same for the form forward of the competition?

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant