What price Goodes getting off and...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: What price Goodes getting off and...

Post by Windy_Hill »

Hang on, why are we having a go at Goodes for beating the system - surely that's the system's fault not his??
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Disgrace that he got off. If Selwood? had not been bending down as much, could have been collected by the hip and been knocked out. More proof that the Review Panel are corrupt.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Windy_Hill wrote:Hang on, why are we having a go at Goodes for beating the system - surely that's the system's fault not his??
Yep. I cannot understand it. he is one lucky bugger.

We should be making a copy of the incident and using it at every tribunal defence.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tom9779 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:Hang on, why are we having a go at Goodes for beating the system - surely that's the system's fault not his??

We should be making a copy of the incident and using it at every tribunal defence.
It's not the tribunal, it's the MRP. They are the one's that concoct the charges - you have no defence in the MRP. It is obviously geared to bias and prejudice on how they formulate the seriousness of the charge. They are obviously interested in protecting Goodes' consecutive games record.
Essendunny
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

BenDoolan wrote:It's not the tribunal, it's the MRP. They are the one's that concoct the charges - you have no defence in the MRP. It is obviously geared to bias and prejudice on how they formulate the seriousness of the charge. They are obviously interested in protecting Goodes' consecutive games record.
Hit the nail on the head, I reckon. Dopetriou and the rest of the AFL want to maximise their "legacy". I reckon they see Goodes' "longevity" in terms of consecutive games played as one aspect of that. Tribunal appearances are detrimental to such ambition.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

BenDoolan wrote:
tom9779 wrote:

It's not the tribunal, it's the MRP. They are the one's that concoct the charges - you have no defence in the MRP. It is obviously geared to bias and prejudice on how they formulate the seriousness of the charge. They are obviously interested in protecting Goodes' consecutive games record.
You could not use the footage to challenge a future charge and ask for it to be downgraded?
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

We are having a go at Goodes for being a dirty sniper, who loves going the cheap shot.

We are having a go at the AFL, MRP and Tribunal for protecting the dog and letting him get away with it.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Haha. Corrupt c****. They assessed it as negligent to make sure he didn't get a week, but it was clearly at least reckless, or perhaps even intentional. He lined the guy's head up with his hip, took a few steps and made sure there was contact to his head. Absolute pathetic bullshit.

When that c*** next comes to Melbourne, i'm not going to sit in my usual seat - i will buy a seat right on the boundary line and get totally sauced before the game specifically so i can hurl vitriol at this f****** leech.
jimmy - when you do this - could you let everyone know what you are going to wear - preferably something really overt like a huge sombrero or something - I really want to catch a glimpse of you going off at him! :lol:
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Lethal was wrong, it's not just Goodes who is the protected species it's the whole f***'n side.
If it had been a Lloyd or a Fletcher who had done that...well we all know what the answer to that one would be...you might as well ask is the Pope a Catholic.

The Afl have clearly re-demonstrated their bias (as if there was any doubt in the first place) by introducing a second Sydney team. They are besotted by that place. They will do ANYTHING to further their own misbegotten interests in a city that (as I commented recently) basicly couldn't give a Rats Tossbag about the game (except for the ex-pats up there) Just the same as Melbournians basically couldn't about Rugby.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

It's just like a serial criminal who constantly gets let off by the courts, sure he's beating the system but he's still a scum bag.
Goodes may be a good footballer but he is an absolute cheating dog who continues to snipe players off the ball and gets away with it.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Nothing for this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b7QRl8aoRY

or this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGHmcKeqVw4

He was also let off for striking Port Adelaide's Matt Thomas in R2, and now the rough conduct on Adam Selwood.
Former field umpire Derek Humphrey-Smith blasted the match review panel's offer of a reprimand to Goodes for his bump to the head of West Coast's Adam Selwood in the first term at Subiaco Oval on Saturday night.

Brisbane coach Leigh Matthews, who insinuated Goodes was a "protected species" after the Swans star beat a striking charge in Round 2, kept preferred to keep his thoughts to himself last night.

"If ever there needed to be reinforcement of that (Matthews) comment, this decision does that," Humphrey-Smith said.

"I think 15 other clubs would be sitting back shaking their heads. That's an appalling decision.

"There's no way that should be deemed negligent. It's certainly not intentional, but that particular incident is exactly what I think the reckless description should be used for.

"Selwood had his head over the ball, there was no sense that Goodes tried to avoid the contact or adjust the way he was running through."

"I think that's a ludicrous decision and the AFL brings any criticism on itself if they let that go. It's just wrong."
SACK THE CORRUPT BASTARDS ON THE MRP
Essendunny
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Just who is on the MRP these days?

By the way Benny, that signature is a classic. Golden comedy moment.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robbie67 wrote:Just who is on the MRP these days?

By the way Benny, that signature is a classic. Golden comedy moment.
I don't know if there have been changes to it, but the Chairman is Peter Schwab and other members are Peter Carey & Andrew McKay.
Essendunny
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

And now even Paul Roos has come pout and said the MRP got it wrong...how damning is that, cop that MRP.
As far as I'm concerned it's official now...the game is corrupt. any previous doubt about that has been totally obliterated.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

pevfan wrote:And now even Paul Roos has come pout and said the MRP got it wrong...how damning is that, cop that MRP.
As far as I'm concerned it's official now...the game is corrupt. any previous doubt about that has been totally obliterated.
I look forward to Roos getting a harsh fine for being critical of the MRP
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

DAMN,Donnie beat me to it. :lol:

Ironic there should be a good write up in last weekend's RECORD about the Original 200+ Consecutive Games Record Holder in JACK"SKINNY'TITUS.

Adam Goodes is a good player who has tarnished things for himself in recent seasons.But if the AFL for one second think he or JIM STYNES holds a CANDLE to SKINNY,who has an Annual award For SERVICES to FOOTBALL,theyt are DEAD SET KIDDING and if they HANG THEIR HAT on that,..... [-X