What Do You Want to Hear Coming from the Club?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

What Do You Want to Hear Coming from the Club?

Post by Windy_Hill »

Ok, so times are officially tough. There is a whole generation of Bomber fans who have not experienced the sort of doldrums in which we now find ourselves. I was just wondering whether the club should now be making more noises in the media to reassure the supporters that the future is bright.

For mine, I would like to hear the club stating that it was about to invest in a multi=million dollar high performance centre and coaching staff to ensure that our young team receives the world's best physical conditioning and rehabilitation facilities.

I would also love the club to come out and say that it was ready to spend $2 million per annum on the best uncontracted footballer in the land.

OR

We will not trade our draft picks but are willing to trade for other clubs top picks.

Lets get aggressive, lets get some swagger back.
tom9779
Club Captain

Re: What Do You Want to Hear Coming from the Club?

Post by tom9779 »

The only thing I would like to hear from the club immediately, is that they put horsborgh to the sword(in some capacity) for being a numb nut.
(shut cake hole, retire at the end of the year and let someone else play president would be a good thing for them to agree on behind closed doors). then move on and put all the cr@p in the past.

As for the present/future...

I am happy with Knights, the new kids coming through, the clubs financial position is healthy(thank the fans and the good investment decisions made by the board).

Negotiate our way into more games at the MCG.(don't know how, but give it a go).

As for playing personel, the coach knows who has had a fair run at it and is not performing, so expect him to be honest and trade/de list as necessary at year end. 2009 will be our last chance in the next 3 years to add significant new talent via a draft you would think.

I'd like to hear that we have identified some likely causes of our high injury count, and that the fitness departments program and if necessary personel has been modified to suit.

We cannot simply afford to have another year like this in terms of injuries...it sets the whole club back.

I'd like us to lobby the AFL for a more consistent draw.(always playing sat/sunday like the swans would be nice...so would lenient treatment at the tribunal/MFP too, but thats another issue ;) ) This will help our fitness staff out HEAPS.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

The club song
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

There was a lot of talk early in the season about a review to find the cause(s) of our injuries.

I'd like to know what happened, has it been finished yet, and if so what the results were.

I don't want to hear we are offering $2 million per annum for any player. There is no player in the competition worth that much and certainly there is no one player who will suddenly turn us into a genuine premiership contender.

I'd like to hear that we are going to continue to try and draft our way to success.

I'd like to hear that both JJ and Pev will be honoured (in the later stages of the season) for their contributions to the club throughout their careers.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

hillchaser wrote:The club song
Simple, but i laughed hard.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

tom9779 wrote:The only thing I would like to hear from the club immediately, is that they put horsborgh to the sword(in some capacity) for being a numb nut.
(shut cake hole, retire at the end of the year and let someone else play president would be a good thing for them to agree on behind closed doors). then move on and put all the cr@p in the past.

As for the present/future...

I am happy with Knights, the new kids coming through, the clubs financial position is healthy(thank the fans and the good investment decisions made by the board).

Negotiate our way into more games at the MCG.(don't know how, but give it a go).

As for playing personel, the coach knows who has had a fair run at it and is not performing, so expect him to be honest and trade/de list as necessary at year end. 2009 will be our last chance in the next 3 years to add significant new talent via a draft you would think.

I'd like to hear that we have identified some likely causes of our high injury count, and that the fitness departments program and if necessary personel has been modified to suit.

We cannot simply afford to have another year like this in terms of injuries...it sets the whole club back.

I'd like us to lobby the AFL for a more consistent draw.(always playing sat/sunday like the swans would be nice...so would lenient treatment at the tribunal/MFP too, but thats another issue ;) ) This will help our fitness staff out HEAPS.
Very important.

There is no restriction on how much money a club can spend in these fields, so it would be great if PJ could sink some cash into it.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

robbie67 wrote:
Simple, but i laughed hard.
Couldn't have said it better myself =D> Its been a long time!
Makaveli
High Draft Pick

Post by Makaveli »

What amazes me is one of the richest clubs in the competition has some of the poorest staff out of all the clubs in the country. I stated this a while ago, we need a big name president who has get up and go, like eddie, jeff etc. not some loser that was working under the smorgons. Also for crying out loud get rid of Quinn.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

As Maka said...

Quinn has been sacked...

Other than that, whilst we have a young list, Knights is clearing away the rubbish and I do see a future for EFC...just a couple of years away still :(
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

Wishes do come true!!! vingertje