Essendon v West Coast Pre Game Discussion

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tom9779
Club Captain

Re: Essendon v West Coast Pre Game Discussion

Post by tom9779 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
danstar84 wrote:Looks like Licha will miss with aggravation to his back (according to Knights in the press conference). Must still be having issues caused by the bulging disk he had at the start of the year.
That confirms what i heard from a mate who went the Bendigo match yesterday. He said he saw Winderlich limping around as though he'd pulled up very sore from Saturday night.

It absolutely sucks the year he is having. Winderlich should be having his break out year(s). he should be in his absolute peak and he is spending it injured.

same for watson.

It would be interesting to know how many of our players are carrying niggling injuries...I think Knights overworked the team first preseason and we have struggled ever since....surely he will modify our preseason for 2009...get it just right.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

tom9779 wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:
danstar84 wrote:Looks like Licha will miss with aggravation to his back (according to Knights in the press conference). Must still be having issues caused by the bulging disk he had at the start of the year.
That confirms what i heard from a mate who went the Bendigo match yesterday. He said he saw Winderlich limping around as though he'd pulled up very sore from Saturday night.

It absolutely sucks the year he is having. Winderlich should be having his break out year(s). he should be in his absolute peak and he is spending it injured.

same for watson.

It would be interesting to know how many of our players are carrying niggling injuries...I think Knights overworked the team first preseason and we have struggled ever since....surely he will modify our preseason for 2009...get it just right.
Or maybe we need to get rid of our fcktard of a fitness coach and get someone in who knows how to look after an overworked athletes body!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tom9779 wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:

same for watson.

I think you should read how Peter Power used to train our baby Bombers in the early 80's. They were forced to break the pain barrier. He created the machine that blitzed the competition in 84 & 85.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

PETER POWER could get anyone UP and AT 'EM.Almost everyone.

MAL BROWN wasn't one of 'em.

As for WEST COAST,anyone wanna test KERR'S Injury out?Nice accidental Tap in the Sensitive area.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

grassy1 wrote:PETER POWER could get anyone UP and AT 'EM.Almost everyone.

MAL BROWN wasn't one of 'em.

As for WEST COAST,anyone wanna test KERR'S Injury out?Nice accidental Tap in the Sensitive area.
Maybe we can make him cry like Lions V Riewoldt :twisted: :lol:
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

[quote="bomberdonnie]
Or maybe we need to get rid of our fcktard of a fitness coach and get someone in who knows how to look after an overworked athletes body!![/quote]

He certainly can't be blamed for Winderlich's injury which usually occurs as an accident.
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Post by The Fly »

There is no bigger certainty than us winning this week. I am positive of this, given the results inthe corresponding match over recent years. We'll win by a goal in cliff hanger. I was going to go over for this one for that reason but have decided not to. Don't want to tempt fate. :)

Anyone noticed that Fletch is not on the injury list on the EFC web site? He looked pretty badly hurt last week. Miraculous recovery? Or the usual ducks & drakes?
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Looking forward to playing the Wiggles this week. Surely we'd be able to give a pack of blokes wearing skivvys a touch up.

I'm sure the ball will be a "hot potato". vingertje
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

robrulz5 wrote:[

What was the accident Rob?
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

what do you think

INS?

Gumbleton??, Watson ??

Outs?
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Gumby won't be playing anywhere but Bendigo this week. Knights has already talked baout him needing more game time and that he is a possible inclusion for next week. (Now if Sheeds was still coach..... :lol: )
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

According to this article:

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/4324169

...the Eagles have left out Braun and Fletcher - thats near 400 games experience; and...

the Eagles are second only to Melbourne as the worst attack in the league - 77 pts per game. How many will they kick against us?

Admittedly Telstra Dome tends to produce higher scores - but if they kick over 100pts (and we lose) I will fair dinkum spew.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

tonysoprano wrote:According to this article:

...the Eagles have left out Braun and Fletcher - thats near 400 games experience; and...

the Eagles are second only to Melbourne as the worst attack in the league - 77 pts per game. How many will they kick against us?

Admittedly Telstra Dome tends to produce higher scores - but if they kick over 100pts (and we lose) I will fair dinkum spew.
If the boys haven't realised yet that Essendon have lost all (on-field) respect that they once had, this should prove it to them:
But Eagles assistant coach Peter Sumich said the pair was rested given the club played last Saturday night.

"Chad Fletcher's form has been great and Michael Braun's has picked up over the last couple of weeks and body wise if they were 100 per cent to go they would be here, but their bodies are just a little bit off," Sumich said.

"Brauny has got a sore knee and we had it (a rest) really pencilled in for this game so he will be back next week."
Not only do the other clubs pencil in a W against our name, they are now also pencilling in the players to rest.

We better bloody win or die trying.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BomberinJapan wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:According to this article:

If the boys haven't realised yet that Essendon have lost all (on-field) respect that they once had, this should prove it to them:
But Eagles assistant coach Peter Sumich said the pair was rested given the club played last Saturday night.

"Chad Fletcher's form has been great and Michael Braun's has picked up over the last couple of weeks and body wise if they were 100 per cent to go they would be here, but their bodies are just a little bit off," Sumich said.

"Brauny has got a sore knee and we had it (a rest) really pencilled in for this game so he will be back next week."
Not only do the other clubs pencil in a W against our name, they are now also pencilling in the players to rest.

We better bloody win or die trying.
Braun and Fletcher were left out due to knee and back soreness. The eagles felt that the harder surface of the dome would exacerbate those ailments. News reports here in Perth have been saying that their being left out is also due to the eagles desire to get games into their young players and also the fact that both could well be in their last seasons. dennis Cometti said on Ch7 last night that he doubts that they will be able to force their way back into the first 22 unless there are injuries to other players. A big call imo as they have been doing alright the last few weeks.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rumour has it that Andrew Lovett will miss due to the "flu" and Atkinson will take his place. Big loss.
Essendunny
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

BenDoolan wrote:Rumour has it that Andrew Lovett will miss due to the "flu" and Atkinson will take his place. Big loss.

source??
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tom9779 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Rumour has it that Andrew Lovett will miss due to the "flu" and Atkinson will take his place. Big loss.

source??
BB
Essendunny