Official 2008 (Non-Essendon) Scores and Updates Thread

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Official 2008 (Non-Essendon) Scores and Updates Thread

Post by BenDoolan »

:lol:

And for the 2nd half of the 2nd quarter Geelong kick 7.1 to 1 goal to only trail by 2 points at half time. They are a f***'n machine when switched on.
Essendunny
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Fremantle well and truly robbed. Every half arsed free goes to Geelong. You cant touch. The umpire nearly swallows the whistle when it there is even a semblance of a free to them. They are a protected species. The time keeper got it horribly wrong in the dying seconds.

Thats what annoys me about people comparing Essendon 2000 to Geelong 2007. We were 16th on the ladder for frees for despite our average winning margin in that year being 50 points. I doubt the same was true of G-long last year. I have decided I dont like them at all.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

MH_Bomber wrote:Fremantle well and truly robbed. Every half arsed free goes to Geelong. You cant touch. The umpire nearly swallows the whistle when it there is even a semblance of a free to them. They are a protected species. The time keeper got it horribly wrong in the dying seconds.

Thats what annoys me about people comparing Essendon 2000 to Geelong 2007. We were 16th on the ladder for frees for despite our average winning margin in that year being 50 points. I doubt the same was true of G-long last year. I have decided I dont like them at all.
:?:

The umpires had absolutely no influence on this game. The time clock is a non issue as Geelong took the mark at the end and would have swallowed up the 10 seconds anyway. Freo conceded a couple of behinds during the last quarter and end up losing by 1 (and I said to myself, they will kick themselves if they lose by a point). Joel Selwood totally destroyed them.

Awesome team.
Essendunny
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

MH_Bomber wrote:Fremantle well and truly robbed. Every half arsed free goes to Geelong. You cant touch. The umpire nearly swallows the whistle when it there is even a semblance of a free to them. They are a protected species. The time keeper got it horribly wrong in the dying seconds.

I was at the game - and thought the umpires had no influence. I do remember two free kicks payed AGAINST Geelong where they were running back with the flight and were called for interference - despite having eyes only for the ball.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Its just an overall impression since they have been bandied around as the greatest team ever to go around. They get very very soft frees and they play for them especially that hill billy Ablett - he's like Kevin Bartlett they way he pretends he is being held all the time when most of the time he instigates the contact.

I was really hoping Freo would win that game and burst the Geelong bubble.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

The comparison to 2000 will always be made. It helps sell papers, etc.. Until they have decent competition, I will not consider them close to what we were.

I've noticed that Geelong seem to get that extra fraction of a second to offload the ball in a tackle that other teams don't get. They also get more than their share of head high frees even though they duck into them. West Coast were like that especially with Kerr & Judd. Could be a subconscious thing by the umps that assume the better team/player is more likely not to give away a free in those 50/50 or near 50/50 situations.

I was hoping to see the Cats go down. I tuned in to the last qtr courtesy of Staggy's post & I blame him for getting my hopes up. Always the way though, crap team threatens to cause upset before self-destructing or the better team puts in a bit of effort to overrun them in the last. At least I didn't have to put myself through the entire match.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Another draw.

Kangaroos and Sydney consecutive weeks.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Swans robbed. I am sick of certain clubs being given an armchair ride by the umpiring. The supposed non-goal by Kirk in the lasy minute - the defender was 8 ft over the line when he touched it. The goal umpires are becoming like their counterparts on the field - think that they should be the centre of the action and determine the result by incorrect intervention.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Hawks vs Tigers is game of the year for me. I have never seen two teams go so feral at each other, tackling and some major collisions was one of the best games I have seen in a long time.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Carlton are gonna be about 8 goals up on West Coast at half time. How shit.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

I didn't realise how far West Coast had sunk until i saw the first half of this game. They've gone from chocolate to shit in the space of 6 months.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

It will only be temporary, until their younger midfielders get some more experience. They'll make the 8 next year.

Has anyone else seen Fevola's celebrations tonight? I have never wanted to punch a man worse in my life.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

How F****** dysfunctional have they become? They simply have no system whatsoever going forward, and a non existent forward line when they eventually get it up there. They are getting smashed in all parts of the ground. I would have a guess that they still have about 12 - 14 premiership players in their team? They appear to have given up and have no desire to achieve anymore.
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

West Coast having been terrible but I tell you what the umpires have been worse

f****** McLaren loves being a part of the game he cant stay out of it. He sort of reminds me of a retarded dog that I once kicked... No idea why!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

bomberdonnie wrote:West Coast having been terrible but I tell you what the umpires have been worse

f****** McLaren loves being a part of the game he cant stay out of it. He sort of reminds me of a retarded dog that I once kicked... No idea why!!
The game has been over officiated.
Essendunny
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Nice to see the filth be brought back to earth with a thud. Yes, that's right you clowns, the three teams you've beaten are Freo at the MCG, Richmond, and an injury-riddled version of us.

Also nice because i had a nice piece of Hawthorn -12.5 points @ 1.90 :D.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

65 points, love it!!!!!!!!!

Beat bottom four teams. Loved Cornflakes comment this morning "no chance of Collingwood losing, Malthouse is the best coach at devising ways to beat other teams" NEWSFLASH cocksmoker, you need the players as well!!!!
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

6 in the second half to Franklin, also 6 to Roughead and 5 to Williams. They will be hard to stop.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

robrulz5 wrote:6 in the second half to Franklin, also 6 to Roughead and 5 to Williams. They will be hard to stop.
Got a nice little double going.

Mitchell-Brownlow/Hawks-flag.

Mitchell was paying $17, hawthorn $13

Now these were done seperately. If I was actually to have one go into the other, what would the odds be?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Collingwood were lucky not to lose by more considering the set shots that were missed by Hawthorn - really warms the cockles of my heart. f*** I've almost forgotten how much I hate them. Disappointed after last night's performance by West Coke because I hate Carlton sooo much. This more than makes up for it - Collingwood getting thumped! Stick that up your a-holes filth.