Essendon vs West Coast Match Thread

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Re: Essendon vs West Coast Match Thread

Post by s'dreams »

robbie67 wrote:
sti dreams wrote:Lost at selection

... You cannot play Subi with a rookie ruckman and a pinchhitting ruckman.

Cheers- STI
Ummmmm, i dont really understand what option we had? We only have rookie or pinch hittting ruckman.
Rider, IMO, is rapidly tiring (getting roundly beaten by a first year player) and Hooker was just pushed off contests too much. Yes ruck stocks are low - but this was the game to bring bellchambers in.

Yes - not starring at Bendigo ... but who is?

IMO - assuming our season is shot (or at best mathematically possible we make the eight) TB needs to play the rest of the season. Get games into the boy!

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Jesus Calm Down People

We were always going to struggle in this game.

Our season went at in the last 5 minutes of the first qtr against Collingwood a few weeks back. We had them on the ropes and blew it. Never been the same since. Additoinally, Watson's injury which he has clearly not recovered from has killed us at the clearances - he has not been effective since.

Would seriously like to see Stanton, McPhee and Lovett Murray traded. We need to get a decent run at the draft and find some muscle in the mid-field.

Not so worried about the ruck as I am sure Hille will be back and he, Ryder, Laycock and Bellchambers gives us some options

Big question mark is CHF - Can Gumbleton make it? Or perhaps Hurley can step up.

Either way we still have a job to do

I predicted a 12th place finish for us this year and I reckon thats where we will finish. We may win one more game for the season.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

You know what is puke inducing, we lost to shit teams in Richmond and West Coast and it will cost us finals football, but now that pressure is off we will probably come out and beat Brisbane and f****** St Kilda in the next two weeks!!
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Jesus Calm Down People

Would seriously like to see Stanton, McPhee and Lovett Murray traded.
And I need to calm down? NLM wil go ... but to reduce our senior playing stocks even further by selling off the other two seems counterproductive (unless of course we can trade Stanton for Bartel and NLM for PAalich).
We need to get a decent run at the draft and find some muscle in the mid-field.

Not so worried about the ruck as I am sure Hille will be back and he, Ryder, Laycock and Bellchambers gives us some options

Big question mark is CHF - Can Gumbleton make it? Or perhaps Hurley can step up.

Either way we still have a job to do
Agreed that Hille returning is a bonus - but Paddy will take 2-3 years to make a top ruck. Laycock won't ruck again and TB needs games to learn (Ive heard so much that Neagle needs senior time to learn - well the same goes for TB.

Also agreed that we need a tall gruntly onballer (Judd anyone?) ...

CHF - answering this question is the key for the supposed premiership tilt in 2011

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)