Lloydy REPORTED!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

thanks man, im seriously overheating haha
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Is that right that he got a week?

That is the f****** worst decision in the history of the tribunal.

I sincerely hope the club is drawing up its appeal as we speak.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

You can't bring an appeal unless you have new evidence.

And no, saying "the AFL are a pack of corrupt cheating f*cktards" does NOT constitute new evidence.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Thats rubbish, you can appeal a decision without "new" evidence.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Boyler_Room wrote:Thats rubbish, you can appeal a decision without "new" evidence.
Not under the current system you can't. I don't think.

Regardless of whether you can or not, without some new evidence / approach - we have no chance of getting him off.
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

Can someone please correct me if I a wrong, but Lloyd didn't take the early guilty plea and attempted to fight the charge and lost. Doesn't that mean he automatically forefits the 25% reduction in penality. Doesn't that imply he should have got 2 weeks as initally charged?

If that is right, then I give up trying to understand anything about the tribunal even beyond this f***** up incident.
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

2QIK4U wrote:Can someone please correct me if I a wrong, but Lloyd didn't take the early guilty plea and attempted to fight the charge and lost. Doesn't that mean he automatically forefits the 25% reduction in penality. Doesn't that imply he should have got 2 weeks as initally charged?

If that is right, then I give up trying to understand anything about the tribunal even beyond this f***** up incident.
Nope.

25% wouldn't get him over the 200, which would result in a two match suspension. He had nothing to lose in appealing.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

It seems the club is not going to appeal.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Megan wrote:It seems the club is not going to appeal.
they are smart and know they are getting royally f***** by the AFL and nothing is going to change that, so why bother.... can't believe Lloyd gets done for a AFTER the siren shove where Judd eye gouges on purpose and gets off................ and they talk about the players bringing the game into disrepute, please what a joke
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

f****** hell, I`m so f****** angry about this. f*** THEM.

It`s driving me f****** crazy being over here and having noone to complain to. If I can get home from work in time Friday night I`ll definitely be calling all the radio stations to mention what a pack of f***wit ILLOGICAL IMBRED c**** the AFL are.

How can this possibly be worth a week????? WHAT THE f***.

What pisses me off even more is that the Herald Sun and Age websites have bugger all about it. They should be full of the `experts` pointing out what a crock of shit it is and Bombers ex-players and administrators breathing fire. I know the club probably wants to be professional, keep it quiet and focus on playing the game on Friday....but f*** that, GO NUTS.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Maybe we can flood all talk back radio with our thoughts on the AFL in general.
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

Disgraceful!! Absolutely f****** livid! The idea of an Australian football super league sound better every day. Where's Kerry Packer when ya need him? (wait, don't answer that)

Seriously, what the f*** is going on with this game. This game I love, and every bloody year there's something that pushes me away. I might stop watching until Vlad and Adolf are given the f****** arse!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

And you just watch every other fvcker that commits this offence from now on will be either not cited, or just simply let off by the tribunal. Guaran-f*****-teed. Especially watch out for interstate players being overlooked for such offences during the finals.

I can read you f***** AFL scum like a book.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I thought the video evidence was inconclusive. Shouldn't that have been enough to get him off?

Let's give it to these f****** on Friday night!!!
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

I'm gonna be killed. But I'm against the general direction of this thread by slamming the AFL. Wheres the abuse directed at the man who is our captain? The man who hit someone after the siren and from behind? I know he was retaliating but what was wrong with grabbing him by the jumper and saying, "Listen you little son of a bitch, you do that again and I'll put you into the middle of next week." Absoloutely nothing wrong with that AND he'd be available. When I saw it at the game I groaned to myself and had a gut feeling he was in trouble, I understand all the flying the flag stuff but there are more disciplined ways of doing it. And its now cost us big time.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

boncer34 wrote:I'm gonna be killed. But I'm against the general direction of this thread by slamming the AFL. Wheres the abuse directed at the man who is our captain? The man who hit someone after the siren and from behind? I know he was retaliating but what was wrong with grabbing him by the jumper and saying, "Listen you little son of a bitch, you do that again and I'll put you into the middle of next week." Absoloutely nothing wrong with that AND he'd be available. When I saw it at the game I groaned to myself and had a gut feeling he was in trouble, I understand all the flying the flag stuff but there are more disciplined ways of doing it. And its now cost us big time.
So are you saying that he deserves the suspension going by what the MRC has ruled for the season already?
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

bomberdonnie wrote:
boncer34 wrote:I'm gonna be killed. But I'm against the general direction of this thread by slamming the AFL. Wheres the abuse directed at the man who is our captain? The man who hit someone after the siren and from behind? I know he was retaliating but what was wrong with grabbing him by the jumper and saying, "Listen you little son of a bitch, you do that again and I'll put you into the middle of next week." Absoloutely nothing wrong with that AND he'd be available. When I saw it at the game I groaned to myself and had a gut feeling he was in trouble, I understand all the flying the flag stuff but there are more disciplined ways of doing it. And its now cost us big time.
So are you saying that he deserves the suspension going by what the MRC has ruled for the season already?
No. I dont agree with the decision but the MRC shouldn't have been put in the position to make that decision in the first place.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

The events of the past couple of days have the ability to remove the will to live!!. Is it any wonder supporters of the Red and Black get a bit paranoid at times.

We see forarms to the jaw (Slatts) , eye gouging, (you know who) and even Welshy's front-on which I really thought would cop a week, all but ignored, but a bit of a whack in the back to some moron in retaliation and the best full forward in the game is removed from one of the the most important game s of the year.

Life used to be relatively straight forward. You whack a guy in the snout and you get a couple of weeks. Now the smart boys that run the game ask us to consider the severity and intent of the blow, the impact statement of the hittee, the number of demerit points on the hitter's licence, whether he made his mother a cup of tea that morning, and whether he believes in kissing on the first date. Add all this up, divide by the number of games played and give the result to Angry so he can make the final ruling depending on whether he scored the previous night or not.

I agree with Bonce in that when I saw it happen, my first thought was "Oh Shit!!!" here we go again. But difficult to criticise in the heat of the moment. I'm sure Lloydy did not consider that he would cop a week for something as innocuous as not much more than a shove.

A bit late I know for a comment, but I was too depressed earlier in the week to comment. Many others did it so much better.

Just consider if Carroll had not gone to ground. All this bullshit about whether Lloydy had his arm tucked in or whether he struck out with his forearm would probably be immaterial. Impose a fine, hold a couple of weeks over his head. But to cop a week for that with all that has been left unpunished is criminal.

I just feel so utterly helpless when I see the most wonderful game in the world highjacked by a bunch of incompetents who are more interested in seeing their name in lights rather than benefitting the game.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I alluded to the fact that most would probably criticise Mark McVeigh if he had committed the offence. But still, the whole saga from start to finish is just complete corruption in light of previous decisions relating to this very matter. CFL - Corrupt Football League.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BenDoolan wrote:
I alluded to the fact that most would probably criticise Mark McVeigh if he had committed the offence. But still, the whole saga from start to finish is just complete corruption in light of previous decisions relating to this very matter. CFL - Corrupt Football League.
Agreed. Still amused at the lack of blame placed at the feet of Lloyd BD. If he hadn't done it, then it wouldn't have been the "issue" its turned out to be.