Huge game vs the Cattery

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Re: Huge game vs the Cattery

Post by tonysoprano »

j-mac31 wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:....and I really can't see how skills are actually going to improve mid-season. Or mid-career?
Hooker used to be completely incompetent.
yeah, I can see how my post sounds. what I really meant was "why the f*** aren't our skills at a good level already!"

(ps Hooker's kicking still makes me nervous).
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

BenDoolan wrote:
little_ripper wrote:Melksham runs 2nd in the comp to Buddy for Clangers.(who you can't really compare).

Equal to Fyfe. So yes I wouldnt on its own link it to bad performance.

but he doesnt get much of the pill, and his disposal efficiency is not great. he has maybe one or two noteable passes inside 50 a game.
He plays a negating game so he won't get much of the ball. His disposal has been crud. Just like 99% of the team. I would much rather persist with a bloke who applies pressure on the opposition rather than someone who allows his opponent to run amok. Any. Day. Of. The. Week.
And how well do you think he faired in that negating game last week? imo average to poor.
Selwood still picked up 26 good possies and kicked 2 goals.

Who has Jake been beating of late? He has some OK games, but he is very very middle of the road. One of the worst(IMO) 'best 22' mids in the comp.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

BenDoolan wrote:
little_ripper wrote:Melksham runs 2nd in the comp to Buddy for Clangers.(who you can't really compare).

but he doesnt get much of the pill, and his disposal efficiency is not great. he has maybe one or two noteable passes inside 50 a game.
He plays a negating game so he won't get much of the ball. His disposal has been crud. Just like 99% of the team. I would much rather persist with a bloke who applies pressure on the opposition rather than someone who allows his opponent to run amok. Any. Day. Of. The. Week.
And how well do you think he faired in that negating game last week? imo average to poor.

Who has Jake been beating of late? He has some OK games, but he is very very middle of the road. One of the worst(IMO) 'best 22' mids in the comp.

His draft year are hitting their straps now.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

little_ripper wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

OK, how well is Stanton's attacking game going? If he totally disregards his opponent (which he does), you'd expect some constructive and damaging didposals going forward i.e a good number of i50's (which Melksham got more of), or some goal assists, which Stants got none. Instead, his opponent has a f****** picnic going the other way. Jake has 130 games of shitness to catch up to Stants. So give him time.
Essendunny
kelvin_sheedy
Top Up Player

Post by kelvin_sheedy »

little_ripper wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

Sorry mate but Goddard and Howlett spent more time on Selwood than Jake.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Quote of the thread...."Jake has 130 games of shitness to catch up to Stanton. So give him time." B.D. - =D> =D>

Sort of sums our entire midfield up for me atm.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

hop wrote:Quote of the thread...."Jake has 130 games of shitness to catch up to Stanton. So give him time." B.D. - =D> =D>

As Robbo said on 360 "4 of EFC's starting best 6 aren't playing ATM" Think it was Monday night. He then got stuck into EFC big time.

Having a ruckman having RHG would be helpful too.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Flip wrote:
hop wrote:Quote of the thread...."Jake has 130 games of shitness to catch up to Stanton. So give him time." B.D. - =D> =D>

As Robbo said on 360 "4 of EFC's starting best 6 aren't playing ATM" Think it was Monday night. He then got stuck into EFC big time.

thats garbage. only watson and fletch would make our top 6. hocking, myers are handy, but middle of the road.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

tonysoprano wrote:
Flip wrote:

thats garbage. only watson and fletch would make our top 6. hocking, myers are handy, but middle of the road.
I think he is hearing what he wants to believe.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:
little_ripper wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

OK, how well is Stanton's attacking game going? If he totally disregards his opponent (which he does), you'd expect some constructive and damaging didposals going forward i.e a good number of i50's (which Melksham got more of), or some goal assists, which Stants got none. Instead, his opponent has a f****** picnic going the other way. Jake has 130 games of shitness to catch up to Stants. So give him time.
Indeed.

I'd rather have neither of them in the team.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Flip wrote:

Wait, I thought it was Hird's presence putting a dark cloud over the players that's the excuse this week?
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.