Official 2008 (Non-Essendon) Scores and Updates Thread

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Re: Official 2008 (Non-Essendon) Scores and Updates Thread

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Fevola doing to the Pies what he's done to us a couple times - being F****** unstoppable in the second half to single-handedly guide Carlton to a win after they were well behind earlier in the match. It's funny because it's not us...this week.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Hate Collingwood v Carlton games....one of them always ends up winning the game. :|

Glad the Collingwood hype is dead for now, but hate that Carlton is ahead of us on the ladder.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

North looking very good against the Hawks.

Why people continually underestimate North is beyond me...
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Tigers and Port in a shoot-out: 75-72 at half time in the Tiges' favour. Jarrad Oakley Nicholls is the worst player drafted inside the top 10 in the last 5 years.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Richmond kick away in the 3rd...my tips are f****** awful this week :(
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Tigers and Port in a shoot-out: 75-72 at half time in the Tiges' favour. Jarrad Oakley Nicholls is the worst player drafted inside the top 10 in the last 5 years.
Cleverly done,as to eliminate Kepler Bradley in what would be an interesting discussion.

As I watched Oakley Nicholls, I thought of you straight away and how you corrected me when I said that NLM is the worst aboriginal player playing at the moment. He is a shocker, mind you, I dont rate Tambling at all either. Perhaps because he was taken at pick 4, perhaps he is just someone with speed and gets cheap touches ala Tenace.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

swoodley wrote:Richmond kick away in the 3rd...my tips are f****** awful this week :(
Port staged a comeback but on the back of 6 goals to Cleve Hughes (same draft as Ryder) and 5 to Morton, Richmond snuck over the line by 4 points. Liked the look of Hughes, Dowler and McKinley as forwards that year. Looks like Hughes is finally getting a chance to play seniors and show his stuff, especially with Richo playing further up the ground.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Rossoneri wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:Tigers and Port in a shoot-out: 75-72 at half time in the Tiges' favour. Jarrad Oakley Nicholls is the worst player drafted inside the top 10 in the last 5 years.
Cleverly done,as to eliminate Kepler Bradley in what would be an interesting discussion.

As I watched Oakley Nicholls, I thought of you straight away and how you corrected me when I said that NLM is the worst aboriginal player playing at the moment. He is a shocker, mind you, I dont rate Tambling at all either. Perhaps because he was taken at pick 4, perhaps he is just someone with speed and gets cheap touches ala Tenace.
Haha. You can include Kepler in that analysis and assume that when i said in the last 5 years, i meant the last 5 drafts, i.e. 2003-2007 inclusive. Keps, for all his faults, was slightly OK as a loose defender, had a bit of ticker about him and could sometimes take a decent grab. JO-N has nothing: no speed, no ticker, no skills, no awareness. I'd have Keps ahead of JO-N in a heartbeat.

Tambling is slowly getting better - if you look at his career averages, he's improving on almost every statistic, bit by bit, year by year. He is predominately an outside player so i think he'll benefit when/if the other Tigers midfielders, i.e. Foley, Deledio, White etc. improve. He'll always suffer on account of the fact that he was taken with the pick directly ahead of Franklin and on that score i actually feel a tad sorry for the guy - it's not his fault that Richmond took him ahead of Franklin.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

if north can beat the hawks and richmond can bet port in adelaide - then there is no excuse for us not to be right in the game tomorrow arvo.

i can accept that carlton may have greater form and confidence going in - and can accept they may outplay us - but will not accept a non-competitive performance
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Staggy wrote:North looking very good against the Hawks.

Why people continually underestimate North is beyond me...
See last nights games and a few others this year.

They will always be a middle of the road team. Cant bottom out because they'll go broke, but will miss out on the top 3 or 4 picks because of it.

Their only chance really is if they trade some high-priced star (wells and a couple of others) for a couple of top 5 picks.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

tonysoprano wrote:if north can beat the hawks and richmond can bet port in adelaide - then there is no excuse for us not to be right in the game tomorrow arvo.

i can accept that carlton may have greater form and confidence going in - and can accept they may outplay us - but will not accept a non-competitive performance
In defence of the team, since half time of the Richmond game, we have been very very competitive with all our games.
Won the 2nd half against Richmond (admittely, the game was gone by half time)
Adelaide - took within 5 points on their home turf
Hawthorn - were within a kick 10 minutes into the 3rd quarter, until McPhee dropped the sitter. Hawks went down the other end and scored. Momentum gone. And add to that that Hawthorn are a super fit team
WCE - won, though they probably tanked
Carlton - beat them with a full team (minus Walker). We still have Davey, Winderlich, Dempsey and Houli to throw back into the team.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Geelong dominating Adelaide.

They will win the flag. They are currently about 2.10 - get on them while you can still double your money.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Staggy wrote:Geelong dominating Adelaide.

They will win the flag. They are currently about 2.10 - get on them while you can still double your money.
They are piping hot. And I reckon they can improve on that. Come September, they will blow teams away as they did last year. However, there is one mystery that cannot be explained - they really struggle against Collingwood. If they get Collingwood in the finals, they'd have cause for concern. Other than that, Bomber Thompson can keep enjoying his sandwiches in the coaches box.
Essendunny
vern
On the Rookie List

Post by vern »

And didn't even look like they were out of 3rd gear
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Woo! I thought Adelaide over there was a slight danger game for the Cats.
Obviously not.... :shock:
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

vern wrote:
telling me! the Cats were making mistake after mistake in their forward line and still pumped the Crows by 11+ goals. I thought the same when they played the Eagles too - they could have won that by 200 pts. Scary stuff. I think they can play even better.

Also, what are everyones thoughts on Steve Johnson? - freakish I know - but if McPhee made the same clangers as Johnson did he would be battered from pillar to post by BT'ers. I reckon Johnson is very lucky to be playing in a truly great team - because I seriously don't think he is as good as people make him out to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tonysoprano wrote:
vern wrote:
telling me! the Cats were making mistake after mistake in their forward line and still pumped the Crows by 11+ goals. I thought the same when they played the Eagles too - they could have won that by 200 pts. Scary stuff. I think they can play even better.

Also, what are everyones thoughts on Steve Johnson? - freakish I know - but if McPhee made the same clangers as Johnson did he would be battered from pillar to post by BT'ers. I reckon Johnson is very lucky to be playing in a truly great team - because I seriously don't think he is as good as people make him out to be.
In the games I've seen him, he's done some great stuff. Everyone makes mistakes, but if he can slot 31 goals for the season so far, then some errors can be forgiven. He's not the focal point going forward so his goal tally is very good. As a matter of fact, it's his 2nd best season (goal wise) in his career - with 49 being his best last season. He's a dangerous player, but sometimes I think the commentators do go over the top in their calls.

Johnson to them is like what Bewick was to us. Not in a stature sort of way, or a style sort of way, but in a goal sneak sense.
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I think Johnson would be a better player if he stopped ******* playing for free kicks for half the game
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

St.Kilda up by 20 odd points at half time against Carlton. Is there a more shitter kick for goal than Brad Fisher? He is f***'n useless. Then Riewoldt put on his own special exhibition of shit kicking for goal. He is such a peanut.

Must say, I have seen some of the most magnificent palming in the ruck by Steven King tonight. I reckon at least half a dozen tap outs have been perfect palms into the lap of Lenny Hayes. Just great to see such timing and brilliant clearance work.
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Jason Cloke and James Gwilt are the two worst players I have ever seen... Flip a coin for who is the worst

You are right about Fisher too BD not to mention how much footy he fcks up as in dropped marks etc. f*** knows how Milne can even get a game let alone be allowed to kick 5!!!