Mundy

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Re: Mundy

Post by Gyoza »

s'dreams wrote:
BomberinJapan wrote:
s'dreams wrote:Ummm ... before we alk of trading Hooker to Freo ... we have to ask what does Freo need?

From the Freo chatrooms ... they seem to be keen on a readymade rebounding defender to replace Tarrant or a marking forward.

Sorry ... but Hooker isn't either of these.

Dyson anyone?

s'd
lol surely even they're not that retarded these days.
Dyson is ready made to do what...?

Hell, if you're right though, would approve that deal in a heartbeat.
Yeah well ... in terms of rebounding half backs we are a bit thin... I'd put Dempsy off the table... that leaves Atkinson (not enough cachet to swing the deal), Houli (just won't work - family), and ... now I'm struggling ... Stanton?

Maybe I'd offer Davey.

s'd
I think Dempsey should be firmly on the table if it would get us Mundy.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

BomberinJapan wrote: I think Dempsey should be firmly on the table if it would get us Mundy.
100% agree.... L-Murray too
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Jazz_84 wrote:
BomberinJapan wrote: I think Dempsey should be firmly on the table if it would get us Mundy.
I disagree - Dempsey is a victim of being played out of his best position (as has been the case with several Bombers under No-Idea-Knighta.

Plant Dempsey on a wing for one season with a license to run with the ball, and kick long to the forward line and forget about being a defender and we may just have a Peter Matera type player. If it doesnt work, then sure, f*** him off. But please, dont judge the guy based on his performances as a half back flanker.
bomberdon
Top Up Player

Post by bomberdon »

Mundy has just re-signed with Freo. 4 yr deal.. :(
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:
I disagree - Dempsey is a victim of being played out of his best position (as has been the case with several Bombers under No-Idea-Knighta.

Plant Dempsey on a wing for one season with a license to run with the ball, and kick long to the forward line and forget about being a defender and we may just have a Peter Matera type player. If it doesnt work, then sure, f*** him off. But please, dont judge the guy based on his performances as a half back flanker.
Well, I guess it's irrelevant now, but my post wasn't a knock against Dempsey....you just have to be willing to give something to get something. Mundy for Dempsey seemed like it would be an increase in talent on our list.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Well lets hope Dempsey can step up next season coz at this rate, we aint picking up anybody in the trade period (other than cast offs)
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Windy_Hill wrote:Well lets hope Dempsey can step up next season coz at this rate, we aint picking up anybody in the trade period (other than cast offs)
the best midfielders available for trade are actually at Essendon.

Stanton, Houli and Jetta.
patoman
On the Rookie List

Post by patoman »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:

can't agree enough with that! The Emu was born to run, not be a defender :!: can't wait to see him cause a bot of havok for oppositions next year when he gets a decent coach who can see what we've all been going on about for years now..... let the Emu run vingertje
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Um Patoman, which bit are you actually disagreeing with?
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Windy_Hill wrote:Um Patoman, which bit are you actually disagreeing with?
I dont think Patoman was disagreeing with anything
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Wonder whether things would have turned out differently had the Hird deal been announced a little earlier?
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

personally, I think any young player who is in their best 22 or knocking on the door would be NUTS to leave Fremantle now.

they are going to be top 4 next year and harvs will open up their premiership window.

Essendon is a couple of years behind. Right now, if your 17/18, Essendon is the club to be drafted too.