Winning ANZAC Day 2011

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Re: Winning ANZAC Day 2011

Post by lozza89 »

Dawes being suspended for one week helps!!
:D
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

lozza89 wrote:Dawes being suspended for one week helps!!
:D
He'll get off.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

robrulz5 wrote:I'm looking forward to the day but not the game. I have no confidence in our side at all until they show us that we are going somewhere. We should give a couple of kids a debut.
confidence?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Jazz_84 wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:I'm looking forward to the day but not the game. I have no confidence in our side at all until they show us that we are going somewhere. We should give a couple of kids a debut.
confidence?
I'm a lot more confident than what I was in January!
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Boy I can be staunchly adamant at times.

We'll I agree with the comment they haven't played anyone really hard but they have surprised me at how they don't seem to have dropped off one iota.

However there are precedences for huge drop offs after successful years - us in 1994, Hawks in 2009 and many others. Even 2001 for us, where we were considered one of the greatest outfits of all time because of the 2000 season, we had lost a little of our edge. In that season we were brilliant but not as invincible as 2000. 2002 saw us fade away quickly after an incredible winning ratio during 99/00/01 of 84% of games to 58%.

I do expect the Filth to come back to the pack and drop off.

The main thing I want from this game is to see the guys not be overawed by the big stage and continue their upward trajectory.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Essendon will win Anzac Day in a close 1.
Why? We have the mojo back at the club.
Hard at it - Relentless attack,Defense - balanced... 3 fresh players to come in to the side .Led by Hille...
Chris Dawes suspended.
The Hirdy,Bomber factor...
Underdogs and absolutely nothing to lose...
Can't wait...
I will definately be there
Go Bombers
Kick their ass... :wink:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

was more confident when this was originally posted. Having watched Collingwood this season there is a lot of Essendon 2000 about them. They have a ruthlessness that will be hard to contain for 4 qtrs.

Really got to jump them early and force them to play a little differently. This is why I like the idea of playing the three rucks - throw their game out and intimidate them around the ball all day.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Rossoneri wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:BUMP.
MH_Bomber wrote:Are we forgetting that Collingwood are likely to suffer from a massive GF hangover ? They had to play in 2 so I wouldnt be surprised to see them drop right off.
I am aware that my prediction that we will be smashed is probably way off AND I hate when Collingwood's going well AND I hate to gloat, but how wrong was this. Honestly, the "Premiership hangover" is a load of shit.
First have a look at who they have played before having a crack at MH's comments.

Port (here) - Bottom 4 last year, probably bottom 4 this year
North - 10th/11th last year?
Carlton - fair enough
Richmond - Bottom 4 last year and probably the same this year
Essendon - Bottom 4 last year.

I reckon if we had the draw we would be 4-0 as well.
Just a final bit on this.

First off, I think the "Premiership hangover" is a load of rubbish. As I said at the time. And Malthouse would NOT let it happen.

But also what I found annoying about the post was that MH (who usually makes very good observations in limited posts BTW) said it as if the premiership hangover is a scientifically proven thing that WILL happen every year. And then to suggest it is more likely or will be worse because they played two GFs last year is ridiculous.

And on their draw, yes it has been very cushy. But they belted Port, who by all reports played pretty well. Then they made North look like the Gold Coast. Then this week they let Richmond win the third quarter by 4 goals and still won by 70 points. Also team with double premiership hangovers don't waltz through the NAB Cup.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.