Crameri

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Crameri

Post by Windy_Hill »

Has done more as a key forward in 5 games than Gumby in 5 years.

Sadly, Gumby's on-going injury battles are likely to be a blessing in disguise with the way Crameri has responded.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:BUMP!

I must admit I was surprised that Stewie Crameri was chosen over Marcus Marigliani to have a spot on our rookie list. That decision has turned out to be an absolute beauty.

He showed that he can play on the biggest stage, against the best opposition and in Grand Final like intensity.

Equal leading goal kicker this year thus far.

I would expect Crammers to have a spot on the senior list next year....
Indeed. What a great recruiting decision.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Looking at the teams it's very likely that Hunt will line up on Crameri!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

By the end of this season Hunt will be shitting like a shotgun due to being torn so many new ass holes. Stewie Crameri will be supplying today's model
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Windy_Hill wrote:By the end of this season Hunt will be shitting like a shotgun due to being torn so many new ass holes. Stewie Crameri will be supplying today's model

Hunt looked well out of his depth against Crameri, they are both a similar size but Hunt has no idea how to mark which is one of Crameri's strengths. The guy never stood a chance.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

He is an amazing player! Has come out of nowhere and shown he could be a potential future star of our club! I never really had a favourite Essendon player since I was a kid but he gets my vote! Would back him 90% of time to mark in an aerial contest! Sweet set shot for goal, very accurate. Will probably be our highest goal kicker come season's end.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I think that Crameri would be running second in the club B&F at the minute. He is definately in my early season AA team.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I didn't realize until during the week that he is 190cm, I thought he looked a lot shorter than that.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

robbie67 wrote:I think that Crameri would be running second in the club B&F at the minute. He is definately in my early season AA team.

AA Team? That's like a nomination for Rising Star - forget it - wrong club. Move on - nothing to see here.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

You got that right Hop, in 2000 when we lost one of 25 games we managed to get 5 blokes in the All Australian team, in 2007 a nowhere near as dominant Geelong team cracked 9 members or the All Australian team. I mean for f*** sake Cameron Mooney was given an All Australian gig in 2007.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

robrulz5 wrote:I didn't realize until during the week that he is 190cm, I thought he looked a lot shorter than that.
Me too.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

hop wrote:
robbie67 wrote:I think that Crameri would be running second in the club B&F at the minute. He is definately in my early season AA team.

AA Team? That's like a nomination for Rising Star - forget it - wrong club. Move on - nothing to see here.

"My" AA team.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Crameri's emergence from 'nowhere' reminds me a lot of Jason Porplyzia a few years back. Such a bonus finding a mid-sized forward who might be good for 1.5-2 goals per game.

190cms surprises me as well, i would've guessed 185-188cm. He's a big unit - either a big mid-sized forward, or small key position forward.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Can officially be seen on the AFL's leading goalkickers list now!!! 12 goals for the season and counting :)

Really strong above his head and is proving to be a real surprise packet!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Can officially be seen on the AFL's leading goalkickers list now!!! 12 goals for the season and counting :)

Really strong above his head and is proving to be a real surprise packet!!
And he was the leading goal kicker in the NAB Cup also. He's in pretty good nick. And he's clever - he really knows where to position himself in a marking contest invloving Hille, Ryder or Bellchambers up forward. He's run away with the crumb on numerous occasions.
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Crameri, 190 cms.

Plays anywhere between 180 and 195 cm for mine! Positions himself well, crumbs well, splits a pack and can take a mark above his head to make most jealous.

That's a fair package.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Just out of interest, does anyone know what a rookie listed player gets paid - its the bare minimum I think - $45,000 pa??

I believe the Gnome gets about $300,000 a year.

I hope EFC passes the hat around for Stewie Crameri (or at least gets the Gnome to shout him a drink or two)
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Windy_Hill wrote:Just out of interest, does anyone know what a rookie listed player gets paid - its the bare minimum I think - $45,000 pa??

I believe the Gnome gets about $300,000 a year.

I hope EFC passes the hat around for Stewie Crameri (or at least gets the Gnome to shout him a drink or two)
I've got a feeling it's even less than $40k, although I'm not certain and they may not all be on the same money.

But now that he's playing seniors he definitely also gets match payments and he may even get an automatic base contract upgrade.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i have a funny feeling it's $37k + match payments of $2500 or there abouts???

umpires are paid $5000 per game or weekend....... ](*,)
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Jazz_84 wrote:i have a funny feeling it's $37k + match payments of $2500 or there abouts???

umpires are paid $5000 per game or weekend....... ](*,)
Most astoundingly ridiculous thing I have ever heard