Getting There

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Re: Getting There

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Crazyman wrote:I tend to agree with a fair bit in here and the most pleasing thing about everything at the moment is that the SCUM think that they are better than us... :lol:
I am sure we have brighter prospects than them (in terms of winning a flag in the next 3-5 years), but i still think they'll finish above us this year and to say we're a better team than them is a hard argument given the respective formlines. We drew with them and we both lost to Collingwood by 5 goals, but they beat Sydney whereas we lost, and i doubt we'll beat Gold Coast by 20 goals tomorrow (which is what they beat them by in round 1).
brad
Top Up Player

Post by brad »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Crazyman wrote:I tend to agree with a fair bit in here and the most pleasing thing about everything at the moment is that the SCUM think that they are better than us... :lol:
I am sure we have brighter prospects than them (in terms of winning a flag in the next 3-5 years), but i still think they'll finish above us this year and to say we're a better team than them is a hard argument given the respective formlines. We drew with them and we both lost to Collingwood by 5 goals, but they beat Sydney whereas we lost, and i doubt we'll beat Gold Coast by 20 goals tomorrow (which is what they beat them by in round 1).

AND I doubt they will beat the Dogs AND St Kilda by 50pts+

I think we'll beat Richmond by more than what they did in Round 1.

Really it's not about the above though it's the number of wins/losses that determines the end of the season ladder and from there anything can happen (obviously more a chance if you finish top 4).

I don't have Carlton in my top 4 (don't even think I have them in the 8 - may come down to their Round 24 match Vs St Kilda) but I have us finishing 5th.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

brad wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:

AND I doubt they will beat the Dogs AND St Kilda by 50pts+

I think we'll beat Richmond by more than what they did in Round 1.

Really it's not about the above though it's the number of wins/losses that determines the end of the season ladder and from there anything can happen (obviously more a chance if you finish top 4).

I don't have Carlton in my top 4 (don't even think I have them in the 8 - may come down to their Round 24 match Vs St Kilda) but I have us finishing 5th.
To call a spade a spade, the Saints are playing like a bottom 4 side so far this year and our 9 goal win, while impressive, came against a team that couldn't beat Richmond without Jack Riewoldt, and only managed to fall over the line against Brisbane without Brown. The Bulldogs haven't been quite as ordinary, but their only two wins have been against 2 bottom 4 sides in Brisbane and Gold Coast. Big wins against the Saints and Bulldogs are nowhere near as hard to come by as they were last year as, based on the evidence so far this year, both of those sides have gone a long way backwards.

I really think we'll learn a lot more over the next month. If we go 4-0 or 5-0 after the bye, then yep, we're the real deal, but as i said elsewhere i think the Brisbane and West Coast games in particular will be a lot tougher than some here seem to think they'll be, and i won't be surprised if we drop 1 or 2 games out of our next 5.

Carlton will finish in the 8 this year. You're letting your hatred of them get in the way of reality to think they're not better than at least 9 sides. I have them easily above all of GC, Brisbane, Richmond, Port, North, West Coast and Demons for a start; they've beaten Adelaide and Sydney on merit; and they're already 10 points clear of the Bulldogs and 12 points clear of St Kilda.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

jimmyc1985 wrote:To call a spade a spade, the Saints are playing like a bottom 4 side so far this year and our 9 goal win, while impressive, came against a team that couldn't beat Richmond without Jack Riewoldt, and only managed to fall over the line against Brisbane without Brown. The Bulldogs haven't been quite as ordinary, but their only two wins have been against 2 bottom 4 sides in Brisbane and Gold Coast. Big wins against the Saints and Bulldogs are nowhere near as hard to come by as they were last year as, based on the evidence so far this year, both of those sides have gone a long way backwards.

I really think we'll learn a lot more over the next month. If we go 4-0 or 5-0 after the bye, then yep, we're the real deal, but as i said elsewhere i think the Brisbane and West Coast games in particular will be a lot tougher than some here seem to think they'll be, and i won't be surprised if we drop 1 or 2 games out of our next 5.

Carlton will finish in the 8 this year. You're letting your hatred of them get in the way of reality to think they're not better than at least 9 sides. I have them easily above all of GC, Brisbane, Richmond, Port, North, West Coast and Demons for a start; they've beaten Adelaide and Sydney on merit; and they're already 10 points clear of the Bulldogs and 12 points clear of St Kilda.
And Carlton's other two wins were against Richmond and Adelaide who lost to Port and Freo at home.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!